• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I need you to say NO

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Sitting in the little albergue kitchen in Hospital I watched a girl make a delicious salad in one of these

ImageGen.ashx

It was the little chopping board that really got me excited :oops:
I have subsequently discovered where they come from and that they are available in NZ and they come in all sorts of pretty colours.
I think I need one. In fact I think the kids should carry one too (instead of the bowl we usually take) and then we can make up meals in them even if there is no pot to cook in, we could carry our own portion of food, and there must be other reasons. Besides, we were going to get the sporks anyway.

I know it's 320g of weight for each person instead of the 170 for all of us that we currently carry.

You can see I need you to tell me we really don't need this charming wee gadget and life will be fine with an old icecream container from home to carry our tomatoes in.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
xbowl%20xplate.jpg

The base of these sea to Summit bowls is also a cutting board.

Well I went in to the store and had a close look. It was actually easy in the end to convince myself that we don't need these. The $40 price tag probably helped the decision. Yes, they are lovely, but an icecream container will work just as well and we'll trim off the edges of an extra lid to use as a cutting board. Now our biggest decision is which flavour to pick!
We did, however, get the sporks. I'm concerned that they seem a little flimsy, but if we are careful with them, I"m sure they'll be useful - and the weight of all 5 of them is the same as one stainless steel spoon!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Our Sporks have done 4 Caminos and are still going strong. We also carry a Victorinox 'jellycard'. It is credit card sized with various useful things including a pair of folding scissors and a mini knife. It weighs about 60gms and is now allowed on many flights as the knife and scissors fall within the permitted blade length. Amazon often have them. Some have a light, but we prefer the full set of tools. Our plates were cut from a 'flexi-mat', a semi-disposable chopping mat so we too have resisted bowls, plates etc. :)

I like my Microbites from Guyot Designs (REI carries) rather than a spork. And my Light Ny Fire kit stays home as well -the cup doesnt have a watertight lid.

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.