• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

In search of a contributor for a Podiensis guide.

wisepilgrim

Camino App Maker
Time of past OR future Camino
Many
In the early weeks of 2020 I laid out plans to publish a comprehensive guide to the Via Podiensis - GR65 route in the form of an app. Covid put an end to that dream, and I have not had an opportunity to return to it since. I did publish a bare-bones app for the route and that app gets a lot of use, but it is not up to my standards.

I think the time has arrived for me to ask for help, in the form of a contributor or two. I am looking for a pilgrim that has walked this route a time or two and who can write up a sentence or two for each place; advice, warning, a bit of history, whatever it takes to bring the place to life a bit. And also a photographer that has a collection of images from these places to give future pilgrims a way to visualize what is ahead.

If anyone here fits that description, feel free to send me a message or reply.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In the early weeks of 2020 I laid out plans to publish a comprehensive guide to the Via Podiensis - GR65 route in the form of an app. Covid put an end to that dream, and I have not had an opportunity to return to it since. I did publish a bare-bones app for the route and that app gets a lot of use, but it is not up to my standards.

I think the time has arrived for me to ask for help, in the form of a contributor or two. I am looking for a pilgrim that has walked this route a time or two and who can write up a sentence or two for each place; advice, warning, a bit of history, whatever it takes to bring the place to life a bit. And also a photographer that has a collection of images from these places to give future pilgrims a way to visualize what is ahead.

Bonjour. I am living in Lectoure at the moment. We regularly walk on the Way in this area and we are planning to walk all of the Le Puy Way for thé second time later this year. The first time was way back in 2014 so not sure how useful I can be. But I’ll send a PM to explore how I may be able to lend a hand. 😎

I will direct message you. In short: interested in helping.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

I used your guidebook (rather than the app) on the Via de la Plata last year and found it excellent - both in route-finding and accommodation terms AND those titbits of history and insight, thank you!
We plan a 2024 late summer/autumn Camino from Cluny via Le Puy to SdC, so if you were to produce a guidebook I might be an early customer. If it's an app I may use it as backup, but I'll buy Miam Dodo to have real pages to turn. I'm old enough to prefer leaving my phone in my pocket most of the time while walking!
Thank you again for your efforts in producing guides which find the right (for me) compromise between essential info and interesting context.

Bonjour Michael, I think that we’ve been in communication in recent days 🤔 of course, I am interested in being a contributor to your upgraded app ... I have walked the GR65 Via Podiensis four times ... this year will be the fifth; I have walked the GR651 Voie du Célé variante and part of the GR6/36/46 Voie de Rocamadour variante ... I am a rusted-on Via Podiensis multi-recidiviste ... and I have, literally, thousands of photos ... it is such a beautiful Way🪴

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've only walked it twice (2017 and 2022) and am far from an expert.

I could share some photos though (I'm not a professional photographer so not sure if that's of use to you at all, but it's free!) and information about campsites along that route, if that's helpful in any way.

Good luck with the project!

I hiked the Podiensis Camino GR 65 in 2018 and will be doing it again beginning May 4. I don’t know what I can commit to but love the idea of being helpful somehow. What might be the best way to talk directly about this possibility?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and reply.
I hiked the Podiensis Camino GR 65 in 2018 and will be doing it again beginning May 4. I don’t know what I can commit to but love the idea of being helpful somehow. What might be the best way to talk directly about this possibility?
At the moment, you are the first pilgrim to be walking this year (of those that have offered help) so some fact checking and some photos (if you like to take photos) could be helpful. I plan to update the accommodation and services listed in the app next week.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

At the moment, you are the first pilgrim to be walking this year (of those that have offered help) so some fact checking and some photos (if you like to take photos) could be helpful. I plan to update the accommodation and services listed in the app next week.

Ok, let me know how you want to proceed.

Home last night from Moissac to SJPDP. My husband and I walked the GR65 in three chunks over the past year. First trip was Le Puy to Figeac, then up to Rocamadour then train to Paris airport and home. Second trip was Figeac on the Célé Variant to Moissac. This last piece was Moissac to SJPDP. Happy to help out as I weed through photos and notes.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I started from Le Puy on July 2021 and reached SJPP on July (through Voie du Célé). Therefore I can contribute, but english is not my mother tongue. I would prefer writing in French then have it translated by a native english speaker.

I am on the VP now, leaving Cahors tomorrow morning. The podiensis app has been useful mostly for the maps and elevation profile.

I can contribute some first hand info on accommodations where I've stayed, and maybe some photos. my photos are mostly scenery and buildings not of gites or people.

My French is pretty bad. But I can mostly read the gite listing in MMDD. I would not have much to say about history.

If you still need contributions, we're walking Le Puy to Santiago starting on August 5th.

We've used your guides for the Norte, Invierno, and Primitivo. They're very helpful!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.