Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Ingles in January

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

roving_rufus

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2013-2015) Portugues (2017-2019) Via Francigena (2018-??) Camino from Ireland (2020-??)
Haven't done the Ingles in January but Galacia can be wet and cold, even snow is possible. From past experiences of walking in winter on other camino routes, note daylight hours are shorter. It is wise given the darker days and possibilities of bad weather, to bring fluorescent/ reflective vest or something similar so to be easier seen.

Past OR future Camino
Many and many more.
Hi.
Anyone started from Ferrol in January? Ideas on weather? Any comments appreciated
I like the ingles and recall walking in a February. Cool and damp. A feature of the route is that catering and accommodation is generally the established local infrastructure and not really created for peregrinos (cf the Frances) and - in normal times - more likely to function year-round.

jsalt

Jill
Past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi.
Anyone started from Ferrol in January? Ideas on weather? Any comments appreciated
Hi, I started in Ferrol on 10 Feb 2020. Had reasonably good weather, overcast most of the time, but very little rain, just a few showers. I stayed in the municipal albergues in Neda, Pontedeume, Betanzos and Bruma. The first three nights I was alone; there were a couple of Spanish guys in Bruma. I was alone again the next night at Albergue Camino Real in Sigueiro. I enjoyed those few days on the Ingles in winter, but I was probably lucky with the weather, it could have poured all week.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

walkinglover

Past OR future Camino
Frances, '16 and '18; Portuguese '17; Ingles - 19
When I did the Ingles in '19, the temperatures in southern Spain were 115 degrees F. On the Ingles, I started out each day with multiple layers. I can't even start to imagine how cold it might be in Jan.

Tombo

Past OR future Camino
zero
Hi there ! Myself i am planning to do this one starting januari second, i'm trying to get info about accomodations and trying to see if the current covid situation is having a big impact on normal availability.
The climate conditions don't worry me too much i really just dont want to end up having to camp or pay an insane amount of money for a bed and a hot meal.
Needless to say it will be my first :)

jsalt

Jill
Past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi there ! Myself i am planning to do this one starting januari second, i'm trying to get info about accomodations and trying to see if the current covid situation is having a big impact on normal availability.
The climate conditions don't worry me too much i really just dont want to end up having to camp or pay an insane amount of money for a bed and a hot meal.
Needless to say it will be my first :)
Hi, welcome to the forum!
The albergues I stayed at (see post above), are all showing open on Gronze:
Jill

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Tombo

Past OR future Camino
zero
Hi, welcome to the forum!
The albergues I stayed at (see post above), are all showing open on Gronze:
Jill
Hi Jill !
Wow that is indeed an awesome website to recommend, thank you for sharing I'll be monitoring this actively.

roving_rufus

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2013-2015) Portugues (2017-2019) Via Francigena (2018-??) Camino from Ireland (2020-??)
Myself i am planning to do this one starting januari second,
Just one thing to note the 6th January is Epiphany/kings day which is a holiday in Spain. It may effect what is open including shops, bars, accommodation

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads