A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Injury in Estella, best way to skip ahead to Logroño

SydneyUSA

Camino(s) past & future
2019 jan-feb (current)
My boyfriend and I are 5 days into the camino and he has developed a pretty bad foor injury stopping him for the next few days. We are trying to stay on track so we camped out in Estella for the last 2 days and are skipping ahead for one last day of rest before starting again in Logroño. I know there are buses I was just wondering how easy and reliable those are. We speak very little spanish and my boyfriend can barely walk as of right now. I am also getting a little stir crazy, any suggestions?

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes please!
So sorry to hear about his injury - my husband ended up in hospital in Estella and I did find that the local buses (Estellana?) are reliable and good, just go down to the station not far from the main square (in actual town across the bridge from the camino, which goes right past the town) and they will help you. Lots of places to sit your other half down at a café while you sort things out. Hope he gets well soon!

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes please!
Oh and we went back there last year and took at taxi at night from Logroño to Estella, and paid about €60 if that helps.

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Hi, sorry to hear about your bf's injury! The bus company that goes to Logrono is called La Estella, you can get the timetable here: https://www.laestellesa.com/es/horarios-compra

Otherwise, I've added screenshots of the Friday and Saturday timetables in case you're having difficulty using the site in Spanish. The time is on the far left of the screen (the starting point and destination are listed in the middle, but the time on the left is the departure from Estella). The buses leave from the bus station.

Attachments

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Here is the address and telephone for the bus station.
Hit the https code for a photo and map location.

Good luck to both of you

La Estellesa S. A.
Plaza de la Coronación, 31200 Estella, Navarra, Spain

+34 948 55 01 27

https://g.co/kgs/9nY46j

RENSHAW

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks every year on CF reaching Burgos or Leon. Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
Well , there are buses and some stop at most Camino towns - I would certainly take advantage and stop off at Viana which is my favorite town.(One stop before Logrono). One may get a double room for as little as €35. Much cheaper and more intimate with plenty to see and do. see image for a start - you will not be disappointed.
Oops , most ambiguous, I feel Viana is more intimate than Logrono. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
That's fabulous news! Thanks for the update. Have a very buen camino :cool:

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 222 24.7%