A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Insurance

My regualar UK insurer will not cover me if I do not leave the UK with a pre-bought return ticket.

I'd not planned on buying a return ticket so I'm now looking elswhere. I've discovered that I'm too old at 58 for Backpackers. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
find the cheapest ticket you can find from any point in Spain back to the UK on Ryanair. Even if you don't use it, it might work out less expensive than insurance premiums.

Never thought about this before as I have 12 month insurance for travelling outside UK but will check the small print. I assumed I was covered for the Camino.
Regarding your question try looking at Ramblers Association website. They probably have insurance deals or at least recommended companies.

Regards
Michael

jeff001

I would suggest that you take a look at the coverage that is included with membership in the UK branch of the Austrian Alpine Club. Here is their summary:
"The policy provides OeAV members with worldwide cover, without age limit for mountain (and other leisure activity) Rescue, associated necessary but limited Medical treatment, and unlimited costs of Repatriation."

You can get more details and links to the membership information at: http://www.aacuk.org.uk/rescue.aspx

Camino(s) past & future
2002-2004-2006-2008-2011-2015
Cycled from Scotland,walked Francias, walked V.D.L.P, winter on Francais, stroll on Englaise
Travel Insurance

Hi,
I have twice had cover while walking the camino with a U.K. company -
"Globelink" Telephone No.0870 112 8208.
From memory 6 weeks cover was circa £60/70.
Unfortunately I had to use the cover and found the service superb.
Dael

Advertisment

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
K Camino Frances 65
crhutch Camino Frances 6
MoniRose Camino Frances 17
Jan and keith Camino Frances 9
Waka Camino Frances 53

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%