Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Insurance

Richard

My regualar UK insurer will not cover me if I do not leave the UK with a pre-bought return ticket.

I'd not planned on buying a return ticket so I'm now looking elswhere. I've discovered that I'm too old at 58 for Backpackers. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
find the cheapest ticket you can find from any point in Spain back to the UK on Ryanair. Even if you don't use it, it might work out less expensive than insurance premiums.

michael

Never thought about this before as I have 12 month insurance for travelling outside UK but will check the small print. I assumed I was covered for the Camino.
Regarding your question try looking at Ramblers Association website. They probably have insurance deals or at least recommended companies.

Regards
Michael

jeff001

I would suggest that you take a look at the coverage that is included with membership in the UK branch of the Austrian Alpine Club. Here is their summary:
"The policy provides OeAV members with worldwide cover, without age limit for mountain (and other leisure activity) Rescue, associated necessary but limited Medical treatment, and unlimited costs of Repatriation."

You can get more details and links to the membership information at: http://www.aacuk.org.uk/rescue.aspx

Dael

Dael
Year of past OR future Camino
2002-2004-2006-2008-2011-2015
Cycled from Scotland,walked Francias, walked V.D.L.P, winter on Francais, stroll on Englaise
Travel Insurance

Hi,
I have twice had cover while walking the camino with a U.K. company -
"Globelink" Telephone No.0870 112 8208.
From memory 6 weeks cover was circa £60/70.
Unfortunately I had to use the cover and found the service superb.
Dael

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads