• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kia ora, kiwi woman planning to walk from Porto in March 2018

Jude Douglas

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugal March/April 2018
Kia ora and greetings, I'm. a kiwi woman in my early 60s planning to walk solo (but hoping to meet others) from Porto leaving around March 18th. This forum is very useful as I've had most of my questions answered so thanks everybody! Im still not sure though, whether accomodation will be open this early. I'd love to hear of others who have walked in late March (I know it's likely to rain) and if not whether there are enough places to stay if Iwant to walk15..20ks a day.realistically. Also does anyone know roughly how much it costs to have gear carried as I think I will use this option and enjoy the walking. And if anyone else is thinking of going at this time, please I inttoduce yourself! I like my own company but don't want to be alone tbe whole time. I look forward to some responses, Jude

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Jude Douglas,
Welcome to the forum!
Luggage/backpack transport
from Porto to SdC is offered by TuiTrans. Here is their English web.

Within Spain but on the Portuguese Camino the Spanish Correos will also transport backpacks and luggage. See more info in English on their web.

Happy planning and Bom caminho!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.