A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

left my pilgrims passport at home....

2020 Camino Guides

scubajunky

I just realized I have left my guidebook ( no big drama) and my pilgrim passport from my previous Camino( sjpdp to burgos ) in the house, does that mean I cannot stay in the alberge etc ?

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
I take it you are in Burgos to continue your Camino and if this is the case you can pick a passport up at the Cathedral. If you are really stuck just get a notebook and get that stamped.

I just realized I have left my guidebook ( no big drama) and my pilgrim passport from my previous Camino( sjpdp to burgos ) in the house, does that mean I cannot stay in the alberge etc ?

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
You can definately get one in Santiago and probably in Astorga but I'm not sure where in Astorga.

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
You can definately get one in Santiago and probably in Astorga but I'm not sure where in Astorga.
In Astorga you can obtain a Credencial at the albergue de Siervas Maria. The albergue is open everyday generally from 10:00 to 23:00 and located on a hill at plaza San Francisco on the east side of Astorga next to Roman ruins just as you enter the city. Buen camino!

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Inglés 2009+2017, Francés 2012+2018, Astorga-Santiago repeatedly
We have just finished walking from Astorga to Santiago and needed a new credencial as someone went a bit sello mad... As good as impossible to get one after Sarria because you only need one from there to get your Compostela. If you know you'll need two, make sure you get one well in advance! We were told several times that this or that place would definitely have them and they never did.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
LePuy, Frances, Aragones, Ingles, Vezelay, Toulosana, Muxia, Fisterra, Portugues, Sanabres
Where in Santiago can I get to one ?
At the Pilgrim Office. They won't sell you one if you say it is for Fisterra/Muxia, but they will sell you one for your next camino.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
LePuy, Frances, Aragones, Ingles, Vezelay, Toulosana, Muxia, Fisterra, Portugues, Sanabres
Does that mean I cannot get one in astorga or not ?
You can get one in most of the Astorga albergues. (San Javier website says they do not have them, but I have bought one there.)

Last edited:

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
At the Pilgrim Office. They won't sell you one if you say it is for Fisterra/Muxia, but they will sell you one for your next camino.
That policy changed some time ago. The Pilgrims' Office is now supplying tour operators and travel agents as well as pilgrims associations and our own dear Forum. Pay the money and get the credencial!

Chacharm

Camino(s) past & future
Via Frances (2012) Vie Del Norte (2015) Via Frances (2016) Le Puy (2017)
There is also a little store across from the Gaudi muse and the square that will sell you a passport. There is a small sign on the door. Ask the people at your hotel or in a bar or someplace near there.

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Inglés 2009+2017, Francés 2012+2018, Astorga-Santiago repeatedly
Sorry have been offline for a while but the other posters are right, you should be able to get one in Astorga. Also oddly in the first bar when when you come up to Alto de Poio!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 50 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 179 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 293 24.6%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 339 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock