Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Looking for accommodation recommendations in Leon

Book your Bus ticket here

Lucy_lou

Past OR future Camino
May 2022
Hi fellow pilgrims, will be staying 2 nights in Leon, having a rest day. Be about June 1st, any ideas of nice handy place to stay. Private or shared.
Thanks Buen Camino 👣

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Bit of luxury but you can get a fine price if you book directly instead of through bookingdotcom or the likes.

I did not use the spa facilities but is a nice extra if you like these kind of things.

Really close to the cathedral and surprisingly quiet for such a central location.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

FourSeasons

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino de Costa/Senda Litoral
Porto/SdC Sept 2022
I loved the Leon Hostel. Great location. Here is the booking.com info but you can also book direct. Cathedral right around the corner, directly on the Camino route, restaurants all around, small supermarket across the street. You really get a feel for the old town here.

Last edited:

Darleen Taylor

Past OR future Camino
I have stayed at the Hostel Urban Río Cea on two sepate occasions. The location is terrific, and the prices very reasonable. It is located just one block off the camino and the plaza where the old ayuntamiento is. They have private as well as bunk rooms in a beautiful old apartment that has been converted to a hostel. Well equipped kitchen and a lovely common sitting room that overlooks the fountain in the roundabout in front of the building. It would be my choice if I was to walk the Francés a third time!!

Saty

Past OR future Camino
Walked partially in 2015
We are in Boutique Inn Leon right now and it is brand new very nice and reasonable and steps from the cathedral. We stayed in check in Leon also which was more economical but also the best bunk beds we have come across and spacious

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Barney12

Past OR future Camino
I stated at Plaza Mayor...had my own room and bathroom . Reasonably priced.. perfect location. Don't go through booking...just contact them direct

Past OR future Camino
Latest: Rota Vicentina '19; Portuguese '19.
We stayed at this modern boutique hotel "Le Petit" and our room had its own private terrace with a view. Highly recommend!

Robo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Hi fellow pilgrims, will be staying 2 nights in Leon, having a rest day. Be about June 1st, any ideas of nice handy place to stay. Private or shared.
Thanks Buen Camino 👣

What's your budget / expectation?

One place we used that was a bit different was this.
Lovely historic building now a very nice Hotel.
Still a working Convent in part of the building.
Attending Mass with the Nuns was great.
Like something out of Sound of Music with some very enthusiastic younger nuns rallying the Pilgrims,
and the older ones almost doing an eye roll as we trooped into the chapel to join them.
"here we go again" :)

Robo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
We stayed at this modern boutique hotel "Le Petit" and our room had its own private terrace with a view. Highly recommend!
Looks nice! :)

Robo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Bit of luxury but you can get a fine price if you book directly instead of through bookingdotcom or the likes.

I did not use the spa facilities but is a nice extra if you like these kind of things.

Really close to the cathedral and surprisingly quiet for such a central location.

Stayed there in 2015, very nice.

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
I loved the Leon Hostel. Great location. Here is the booking.com info but you can also book direct. Cathedral right around the corner, directly on the Camino route, restaurants all around, small supermarket across the street. You really get a feel for the old town here.

Yes I stayed there twice, and booked directly. It was a good location and well priced

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Magnets

Madeleine Jacobs

MJ Camino fan
Past OR future Camino
CF in sections 2019/2020
I had a fantastic time at Hostal Covent Garden (Booking.com), right by Plaza de Botines and very near to the cathedral. Wonderfull host and lovely joint kitchen and communal room. It really feels like a home in Leon. I was there at Palm Sunday/Domingo de Rama and the Holy Week processions were going right under the balcony’s.

Karl Oz

Past OR future Camino
Frances
Portuguese
Aragones
Sanabres
Piamonte
Elizabethpfad
I stayed a night at the Parador, for a not-exorbitant price. Quite an experience. I'm not sure if it is now open subsequent to a renovation though.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances; Aragones; VdlP; Madrid-Invierno; Levante
On my last time through Leon, I stayed at the albergue San Francisco de Asis in a double room which I had to myself: inexpensive and a Franciscan monk showed anyone interested the Franciscan monastery, which had been given over to various projects for the poor.

Camino Magnets
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads