• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for information on the route from Barcelona to Zaragoza

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2009); Portugues (2013); Frances (2015); Finisterre (2015); Invierno (2018); Ingles (2018);
We are thinking of walking from Barcelona to Zaragoza in April 2024. Can anyone recommend a guidebook in English for this route. Also any information and advice will be greatly appreciated.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are thinking of walking from Barcelona to Zaragoza in April 2024. Can anyone recommend a guidebook in English for this route. Also any information and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Hi, Sydney Peregrinos.

I have used Callum's guide -Editorial Piolet-, which worked quite well for me.
I think you can get it in Amazon.

callum.jpg

I have only done the section from Port de la Selva to Vic. So I can't talk about Barcelona - Zaragoza.

callum2.jpgIndex.jpg

This is the back cover of the guidebook.

catalan board.jpg

Bon Camí

Last edited:
Hi Josep,
Thanks for this information. I will look it up.
Saludos,
Linda

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@Rick of Rick and Peg will be along soon with some advice :)
True if some means a little.

I used Gronze.com and the Wikiloc app to walk the Camino Catalan (Huesca route) in late October 2019. I believe there are three main routes out of Barcelona to Monserrat, two that go through San Cugat. I walked from the beach at Barceloneta to the path that starts near the velodrome at Horta. I stayed at an Airbnb in San Cugat. Gronze has the Camino Catalan starting at Monserrat. You definitely want to spend a night there. From there to Tarrega are three stages but then the caminos to Huesca and Zaragoza split. There are eight more stages to Zaragoza.

I ran into a lot of orchards on my trek and I hope you do too because they should be spectacular in the spring.

For the ways out of Barcelona see this forum thread:

For information on the start of the trail from Horta see my post at:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Search for the Gronze app. It'll give you much info.
Hi Tim, we always use Gronze on our caminos but there is very limited info on albergues etc on the stages from Barcelona to Montserrat. From Barcelona on the Catalan there is more. It is only 3 days from Barcelona to Montserrat so we should find somewhere to stay.
Thanks, Linda

Hi Tim, we always use Gronze on our caminos but there is very limited info on albergues etc on the stages from Barcelona to Montserrat.
Actually I stayed two nights in San Cugat. It was at an Airbnb close to a rail station. I walked to Terrassa and shuttled between it and San Cugat and then back the next day. You might find other places along the line.

The cheap (30€ or so) Airbnb is no longer listed but you could walk to San Cugat and train to Terrassa and back because now Terrassa has this

The website is https://albergvallparadis.cat/

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
True if some means a little.

I used Gronze.com and the Wikiloc app to walk the Camino Catalan (Huesca route) in late October 2019. I believe there are three main routes out of Barcelona to Monserrat, two that go through San Cugat. I walked from the beach at Barceloneta to the path that starts near the velodrome at Horta. I stayed at an Airbnb in San Cugat. Gronze has the Camino Catalan starting at Monserrat. You definitely want to spend a night there. From there to Tarrega are three stages but then the caminos to Huesca and Zaragoza split. There are eight more stages to Zaragoza.

I ran into a lot of orchards on my trek and I hope you do too because they should be spectacular in the spring.

For the ways out of Barcelona see this forum thread:

For information on the start of the trail from Horta see my post at:
Thanks so much for your input Rick. I agree about there not being much information on Gronze for this route. We haven’t used Wikiloc before but will now. We might look at walking the route to Huesca instead as there appears to be quite limited accommodation on some of the stages.
Are you aware of any pilgrim friendly hostals in Barcelona where we might leave a small bag for a few weeks?
Thanks again for your input, Linda

Actually I stayed two nights in San Cugat. It was at an Airbnb close to a rail station. I walked to Terrassa and shuttled between it and San Cugat and then back the next day. You might find other places along the line.

The cheap (30€ or so) Airbnb is no longer listed but you could walk to San Cugat and train to Terrassa and back because now Terrassa has this

The website is https://albergvallparadis.cat/
Thanks Rick, that’s a good suggestion.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Are you aware of any pilgrim friendly hostals in Barcelona where we might leave a small bag for a few weeks?
On our Spain visits ('15 and '19) we stayed at Paraiso Hostel in Barcelona's El Raval neighborhood for our arrivals and departures. We stayed in private rooms though. We left things with them for eleven weeks in '15 though it was just a small package (and not worth much). It was stored offsite and so delivered the day after we arrived.

Its ratings fall all over the place and I take that as due to expectations. For example "clean", "a bit dusty", "dirty". It's in an old apartment building so it isn't going to appeal to wealthy travelers but hostel users should find it okay.

First time we booked directly with them but the last time they only did bookings though Hostel World and so we had to spend time registering for that site first. I saw something about them and booking.com recently though. They aren't far from a bus stop for a bus to the airport (not sure how to take that bus inbound). Also a few Metro stations nearby; near the Paral.lel one is an Orange phone store and a thousand year old Romanesque church, Sant Pau, where you can buy a credential (check for hours, I think they may be closed on Mondays like many museums).

BTW, in Catalan I believe a dot between a double L indicates a pronunciation like in English and without the dot a Y sound like Spanish.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Contact CalMaco Albergue in Igualada

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1 - To Montserrat we go ...... 4 yrs since the last Camino, older, less brain cells, easily confused usually followed by a touch of frustration and sometimes panic :) . I left Coventry, UK at...
Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back