• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage storage or tranfser on the Coastal route?

jcy

Hello,

I am doing a short walk in June 2015 and the plan is to leave our suitcases in Porto while we walk with packs. I am hoping we will be able to leave the bags at the hotel to collect upon our return (will book stays at the same place on both ends of the trip). But in case they won't accept them, is there a place in Porto where we can leave our bags for 2 weeks? Alternatively, I walked the Camino Frances 2.5 years ago and know they had a bag transfer service for those who needed. Does this service exist on the Caminho da Costa?

Thanks, Jennifer

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Jennifer. The best chanche is to ask your hotel indeed to leave your suitcases there till you return..

The coastal is not very crowded so I donot expect there will be a transferservice.on that route.
Tuitrans supplies this service on the central route.I never found anything about it during my recent research on the coastal route.
http://www.transportedemochilas.com/english/services/

Bom caminho

Last edited:
Hi, best to book a hotel which, at the time of booking, can confirm you may leave a bag with them for a couple of weeks. One hotel that I can confirm you can leave a bag is the Hotel Pedras Rubras at Porto airport. I have stayed here (Aug 2014), left a bag, taken a tram to Santa Clara station near Vila da Conde, and picked up the camino near Santa Clara. Stayed at Hotel Pedras Rubras again before getting a flight out. Jill

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I contacted the tourist board in Porto and they said there are lockers in the train station and at the airport. We want to also store our luggage.

Hi all,
Three of us have booked and to do the coastal route this coming june. We would like to have our baggage transferred daily. Do hotels along this route provide luggage transfer. Completed the French way back in 2013 and there was no issue. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

My husband, 16 year old daughter and I just finished the Coastal route starting in Povoa de Varzim on April 17 2015 via Esposende, Viana do Costelo, Praia de Ancora, Aguarda, Oia, Baiona, Vigo, Redondela, Ponte Vedra, Caldas de Reis Padron and finishing in Santiago on April 28 2015. We used Tuitrans to transfer our luggage - service was fantastic. You can reach Susana on info@transportedemochilas.com or +34636839675.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Another wonderful walking day! Definitely feeling it in my legs today- a few more stretch breaks needed! And lots of wonderful places to take them! Theme for the day boardwalks! Received a few...
Day 3 was another wonderful day spent along the coast. I planned a short day so I could meander and explore Vila do Conde which did not disappoint! The day included walking on boardwalks and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back