A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Luggage transport services - Mochila vs Xaco -

niefia zupancic

Camino(s) past & future
June 2015
I am currently on the Camino - was in Madrid for a week before starting - have a suitcase full of cloths I used for that week. Sending the suitcase ahead is stressful since I don't speak Spanish or have a phone that works here in Spain. I do have a list of booked accomadations. OK so have been using Mochila who have my schedule - hostel owner now gives me the Xaco Transport tags - since she does not speak English I'm not sure if Xaco works the same way - do I need to have someone call the company daily. Do I give Xaco a list of my accomadations & hope they will come by in the morning? Do I put the daily amount (3 euros) in the envelope or put the entire amount for my remaining pick-up days in the envelope? Help- your collective wisdom is needed!!!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I am currently on the Camino - was in Madrid for a week before starting - have a suitcase full of cloths I used for that week. Sending the suitcase ahead is stressful since I don't speak Spanish or have a phone that works here in Spain. I do have a list of booked accomadations. OK so have been using Mochila who have my schedule - hostel owner now gives me the Xaco Transport tags - since she does not speak English I'm not sure if Xaco works the same way - do I need to have someone call the company daily. Do I give Xaco a list of my accomadations & hope they will come by in the morning? Do I put the daily amount (3 euros) in the envelope or put the entire amount for my remaining pick-up days in the envelope? Help- your collective wisdom is needed!!!
Hola!
Why do you send your suitcase ahead each day if you don't need it? Simply send it to Santiago where it will wait for you:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/

Ultreia!

PS (According to your nickname/surname(?) you might have Slovenian ancestors. True?)

niefia zupancic

Camino(s) past & future
June 2015
Hola
Thank you for the speedy reply - do you know if the transport service will take it to your place? Also can I just put the Xaco tag on it with your info or do I need to get a box from the post office & package it up? Also how much does the transport service charge since it is going a lot further - any idea?

My married name is Slovenian my heritage is Italian.

Thank you,
Niefia

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hola
Thank you for the speedy reply - do you know if the transport service will take it to your place? Also can I just put the Xaco tag on it with your info or do I need to get a box from the post office & package it up? Also how much does the transport service charge since it is going a lot further - any idea?

My married name is Slovenian my heritage is Italian.

Thank you,
Niefia
Well, it would be of no use sending it to my address because I live in Slovenia ;)
I'm sure @ivar will have answers to your question because the easiest is to send your suitcase to his storage in Santiago.

Have a nice Camino!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.8%
  • October

Votes: 156 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock