A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Madrid to Pamplona SJ

marstine

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Hi _ we arriving in Madrid 4/16 and headed to Pamplona the same day, any suggestions on a reasonable place to stay in Pamplona.

Advertisment

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I have walked the Camino Frances nearly every year and 19 various Camino routes 2006 through 2018
It's awfully late to be making reservations in Pamplona. But check www.booking.com. I love Pension Sarasate ($66) and Hotel Eslava. ($70) today. Rooms available in both places if you book tonight.

If you want an Albergue, Albergue de amplona-Iruñako has a double bed dorm for $49.

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
I can second hotel Eslava, located right on the Camino leaving downtown. Do try and give Pamplona a whirl and try not run ourt onto the Camino the next morning. It's a lovely town, nice cathedral, lunch in a sunny Spanish plaça watching the world go by, maybe pop into the Caminoteca shop on Calle de Curia 15 up by the cathedral to see if you need some equipment or have forgotten something (I somehow lost a rubber tip off one of my trekking poles on the plane over they had a replacement). Leave later, the hotel will keep your bag until you go and do stop at the Roncal albergue in Cizur Menor - a lovely albergue lovely people running it.

Last edited:

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - Los Arcos, Camino Frances (2012 - 2017)
Just to mention, I have stayed twice at Hostal Arriazu. I second scruffy's advice - Pamplona is a lovely city, well worth a look round. Especially the cathedral, if you're into medieval architecture. It is also quite a party town!

Advertisment

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Leon-SDC 2012, Hospitalera Rabanal 2014, First Aid 2015, Burgos-Rabanal 2017, Part VF 2017
Hotel Yoldi is great - lovely rooms, a terrific buffet breakfast, and well located. Check out Booking.com for availabilities.

Maiz

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
April 2018
My first Camino and starting from Pamplona early April. I had booked Albergue Plaza Catedral on booking.com - looked clean and central but had to change dates and missed out on rebook. I am now booked into Hostel Navarra. Read reviews but would like some info if anyone has stayed there. Can anyone enlighten me on how far to get to start of the trail. I will soon find out - yes apprehensive but hope the Camino will provide. @Maiz

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 67 17.0%
  • May

Votes: 104 26.3%
  • June