• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ride share March 31st 2024Transport Biarritz to SJPD

For those interested in sharing a ride to get to your starting point or any other location along the Camino.

robmaco

Time of past OR future Camino
1st of April 2024
Sunday March 31st 2024

Anyone on flight AF9432 arriving 17:10 from Paris at Biarritz needing a transfer?

We are organising a transfer from Express Bouricott.

If we can get enough people it will be a good price.

The alternative for me was the train but this option gets you in nearer 21:00pm.

This option will get you there a few hours earlier. So we'll worth it!

Rob

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Here's the link to reserve the shuttle with Express Bourricot.

Reservations must be made in advance - individuals cannot add people to the shuttle without going through Express Bourricot.

Please read the information on this page:

This part is very important:

If you meet more pilgrims at the airport who want to join your transport to st JPP, it is possible for them to come with us ONLY IF:– we have some seat left– we receive the booking by mail / WhatsApp/ SMS at least 1 hour before we arrive at the airport. We are only allowed to pick up people who have a written booking, people without any booking cannot join the transport. So, before we pick you up, you can send a mail tocontact@expressbourricot.com putting in subject “TODAY” indicating that you wish to share the transport and that you want 2 seats more, for instance. Without any mail we cannot pick up more persons .You can say “I am Garry, and I met Linda and John to share the transport, so now we are 3 persons in my booking“. The booking is confirmed when you receive our confirmation

Donkey Service (formerly VTC Harispe) also offers people and luggage services. Here is a link to their website and an extract re the shuttle service on the Napoleon Route. I have no personal experience of either shuttle service but thought it worth mentioning that there are two.

• Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port (Office de tourisme) < > . . .

Destination / Number of people1 to 2
persons
3 to 8
persons
Huntto15.00 €4.00 €
Refuge Orrisson22.00 €8.00 €
Vierge30.00 €11.00 €
Croix thibault38.00 €15.00 €

Experience of using our shuttle service along Roncesvalles Way :
  • Day 1 : Start your walk from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to the "Refuge Orrisson" (2 to 2h30 walk), or reach the "Virgin" of Orrisson (4h walk, central point of the path towards Roncevaux), or even extend to the "Croix de Thibault" (5 to 6 hour walk). At 2:30 p.m., our shuttle will take you back to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port for a well-deserved night's rest
  • Day 2 : Refuel by starting the day with our shuttle service. We'll pick you up from the tourist office at 8:30am to take you back to where you left off the previous day, allowing you to continue your adventure in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Donkey Service (formerly VTC Harispe) also offers people and luggage services. Here is a link to their website and an extract re the shuttle service on the Napoleon Route. I have no personal experience of either shuttle service but thought it worth mentioning that there are two.

• Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port (Office de tourisme) < > . . .

Destination / Number of people1 to 2
persons
3 to 8
persons
Huntto15.00 €4.00 €
Refuge Orrisson22.00 €8.00 €
Vierge30.00 €11.00 €
Croix thibault38.00 €15.00 €

Experience of using our shuttle service along Roncesvalles Way :
  • Day 1 : Start your walk from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to the "Refuge Orrisson" (2 to 2h30 walk), or reach the "Virgin" of Orrisson (4h walk, central point of the path towards Roncevaux), or even extend to the "Croix de Thibault" (5 to 6 hour walk). At 2:30 p.m., our shuttle will take you back to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port for a well-deserved night's rest
  • Day 2 : Refuel by starting the day with our shuttle service. We'll pick you up from the tourist office at 8:30am to take you back to where you left off the previous day, allowing you to continue your adventure in peace.
Uber is also a possibility, without book in advance. The price is usually around 100€

Uber is also a possibility, without book in advance. The price is usually around 100€
I didn't know that Uber operated in this region. Do you know how easy it is to get an Uber at the airport? I just checked the Uber app, and it's not possible to reserve in advance at that location.

I don’t know if you can reserve in advance. But in the area there should be a lot a cars. So I guess you may find a car easily. I used the app in may 2023 there and was easy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sunday March 31st 2024

Anyone on flight AF9432 arriving 17:10 from Paris at Biarritz needing a transfer?

We are organising a transfer from Express Bouricott.

If we can get enough people it will be a good price.

The alternative for me was the train but this option gets you in nearer 21:00pm.

This option will get you there a few hours earlier. So we'll worth it!

Rob
I’m looking to do the same thing on April 15. From what I understand we each make our reservations with the company and once we get in the van, shuttle or whatever the price will be divided by however, many people are there.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back