• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

my close, thread ,

jamesw3435

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2015 Ssint jean to Santiago
Ill arrive in Madrid Spain November 18th, from what Iv read The bus's are not running in November , not sure if ill run into another pilgrim in November who would want to share a taxi to St. JPP. is there another way I might be missing

UPDATE, I LEAVE MARCH 1ST CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT NOVEMBER, I ARRIVE IN PAMPLONA AND WILL BE TAKING A SHUTTLE SERVICE TO ST JEAN

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ill arrive in Madrid Spain November 18th, from what Iv read The bus's are not running in November , not sure if ill run into another pilgrim in November who would want to share a taxi to St. JPP. is there another way I might be missing

Travel from Madrid to Saint Jean Pied de Port by way of Bayonne. The border crossing at Irun/Hendaye makes it seem complicated but it isn't really.

Renfe trains from Madrid terminate at Irun/Hendaye.

Alsa buses from Madrid go to San Sebastian where there are myriad transport options to Hendaye. (Euskotren, Alsa, Ekialde bus, Renfe Cercanius etc).

San Sebastian Airport is located close to Irun/Hendaye.

There are ATCRB buses and SNCF trains from Irun/Hendaye to Bayonne.

There is SNCF train service, usually 4 times per day, all year from Bayonne to SJPdP.

I've written it in detail here:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...ravel-from-madrid-to-sjpdp-via-bayonne.23517/

James, if you have not made your flight reservations yet, look at booking through to Pamplona, and returning from Santiago. You might find that the fares are worth it. (I'm assuming your departing from the U.S.) From Pamplona, there are buses and taxis available.
Otherwise, take a train.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bus's do not run in November, I found a train that will get me where I need to go

Bus's do not run in November, I found a train that will get me where I need to go
Buses run from Madrid to Pamplona, so you may be too early to get the schedule to come up. Run a search without a date, and you will get a column that tells when the scheduled run is effective.

The bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles runs in November weekdays and Saturday. It never operates Sunday or holidays. From Roncesvalles you would have to take a taxi to get to SJPdP.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Your link doesn't provide schedule information.

ALSA site using query with no date shows all service Pamplona to SJPdP ending 30 Sept 2014.

ALSA site using query with date shows service 2 buses 18 November 2014.

I guess we wait till late October to find out for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

ALSA site using query with no date shows all service Pamplona to SJPdP ending 30 Sept 2014.

I cannot speak for the link and how it works on to their site, but here is an image of the search results.

alsa.JPG

Yes, I went back and tried to go through the purchase screen for 30 Sept. No Problem.
But for the next day, 1 Oct., I got the same "Ticket is not available on the Web." message.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You might also book a reservation overnight and transfer service at Corazon Puro and take train to Pamplona. They'll pick you up, drive you to Corazon Puro where you'll have dinner, spend the night, and have breakfast. Then, they'll drive you into SJPdP and drop you off close to the pilgrims office. It's a very reasonably priced way to get to SJPdP. Barbara and Istvan are excellent hosts. And, it's a good opportunity to get past jet lag.

ALSA says that the buses to SJPdP from Pamplona end on September 30, 2014 (the 1000 am run ends August 31, 2014). ALSA is known for small glitches on their website. In the past the SJPdP service has never extended past the end of September, so expect history to repeat itself.:)

Part of the issue is service is provided by Conda ... even if it is owned by ALSA ... there are communication breakdowns.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You might also book a reservation overnight and transfer service at Corazon Puro and take train to Pamplona. They'll pick you up, drive you to Corazon Puro where you'll have dinner, spend the night, and have breakfast. Then, they'll drive you into SJPdP and drop you off close to the pilgrims office. It's a very reasonably priced way to get to SJPdP. Barbara and Istvan are excellent hosts. And, it's a good opportunity to get past jet lag.
they are closed in oct already email

taxi from Madrid??? Check out this site that I learned about on this forum: www.rome2rio.com
From Madrid to Pamplona there are five trains on october the 18th. If you do not take a taxi from Pamplona to Saint Jean PP, you could take the bus to Burguete (saturday, at 16,00 h.), annd there take a taxi to your final destination (better to arrange in advance). We are going from Pamploa to Saint Jean PP the day before. Have a nice way!

ALSA has extended the Pamplona to SJPdP bus service until October 13, 2014.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

It would be nice, but I emailed with Istvan 10 days ago: They close Corazon Puro for the season around oct. 12.

I checked the ALSA Biarritz Airport to San Sebastian service. It too ends 13 October 2014. So I guess that date marks end of season. My guess is travelers need watch for changes on all routes.

Bought my ticket I leave march 1st changed my mind about November, I fly in to Pamplona and taking a shuttle service to st jean ,

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

UPDATE, I LEAVE MARCH 1ST CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT NOVEMBER, I ARRIVE IN PAMPLONA AND WILL BE TAKING A SHUTTLE SERVICE TO ST JEAN

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS
Excuse-me my lapsus: on november 18th the bus from Pamplona - Burguete - Rocesvalles leaves at 18,00 h. If you are traveling on 2015, you could check later the bus time-table from Pamplona to Saint Jean in www.alsa.es

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back