• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

new new new

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
heya! I'm glad someone else is doing it in march - I was starting to worry that it was a terrible idea to go at that time of year. I'll probably see you there :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Emma,
I'm Renata from Australia. I will be starting from St jean in late March/early April. I am getting conflicted info on the climate at that time....what do you know about the temp. at that time of year?
Best wishes for your journey.

Weather on the camino

One of the best websites for the weather ir very own Peter's web at

http://www.peterrobins.co.uk/camino/weather.html

Click on the Month for a 30 year av for that month: EG: March

March

Daily temp Ave max temp Ave min temp Rainfall Days with rain
Pamplona 8.6 14.0 3.3 52 8
Logroño 9.8 15.1 4.4 26 5
Burgos 6.3 12.0 0.6 31 6
LeĂłn 7.1 12.8 1.5 29 6
Ponferrada 9.4 15.0 3.7 43 8
Santiago 9.5 14.2 4.8 145 13

hiya moonwood. to be honest I'm still in the stages of research even though I've already booked my flights. I'm imagining there'll be some sun and some rain. not too hot though, which is the main thing!

I'm kicking off in Roncesvalles, is this where i can get my pilgrim accreditation from?

Is it easy enough to get a bus from Madrid to Roncesvalles?

I'll hunt around for answers to this on the board - but i thought I'd put it out there anyway!

Madrid to Roncesvalles

Hi there Emma,

You can get a flight, train or bus to Pamplona and from there a bus or taxi to Roncesvalles.

Fly: http://www.iberia.com
55 minutes: Iberia has 4 flights per day - 13:30 16:30 19:30 21;00 E51

Train: http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html
07:15 - 10:55 09:50 13:20 14:05 17:44 19:30 22:57 Cost: E48.50

Bus: http://www.continental-auto.es/index.do
10 busses between 8am and 9.30pm (± 5 hours and E24.55)

From Pamplona to Roncesvalles:
Bus -Autocares Artieda (formerly Lamontanesa) 948 330 581
Mon-Fri at 18h00
Sat: 14h00
(Not on Sunday) ± €4:

OR taxi to Roncesvalles

Hope this helps.

thanks for that! so there's no direct buses from Madrid to Roncesvalles? I thought there was for some reason!

Madrid To Pamplona

Roncesvalles is just a small monastery complex with two inns and a pilgrim hostel. There is small souvenir shop inside the museum but no other shops close by. Last year in summer, they put on an extra bus at mid-day but generally there is only the one bus at 6pm.

Buen Camino to you all. I hope you all meet up on the way as you weave your own stories and experiences of The Way.

Take care - I'll be thinking of you!!

March camino!

Greetings Emma, and all. I am Linda from Montana, USA. I am starting my camino from SJPdP on March 14 or 15. This is my first post, first camino, lots of firsts!

Highest blessings to all. :shock:

Re: Madrid To Pamplona

sillydoll said:
Roncesvalles is just a small monastery complex with two inns and a pilgrim hostel. There is small souvenir shop inside the museum but no other shops close by. Last year in summer, they put on an extra bus at mid-day but generally there is only the one bus at 6pm.

Is the bus at 6pm leaving or arriving at Roncesvalles? If it's arriving there where does it leave from? Pamplona?

Most read last week in this forum

On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Ciao everyone, just a quick introduction. I'll be starting my Camino from SJPP on June 6th 2024 I've always been curious and for now I'm taking it with a grain of salt and cautious optimism...but...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.