• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

no backpack/luggage transfer possible on Camino/Ruta do Mar available (yet) ?

Time of past OR future Camino
Coastal Portuguese via VE ´22 Camino Fisterra ´22
dear all,
i'm more and more intrigued by the Ruta do Mar from Ribadeo, connecting with the Camino Ingles. Ordered Dave's book
and have been reading a lot of posts/threads, found already lots of valuable information.
Would like to walk this along with my wife who had knee surgery beginning this year, length of the stages would be adaptable that we can figure out however one big but.. does anyone know if backpack transfer is already possible between Ribadeo and Ferrol? or any plans to start with this by Correos or any other company?
My goal/wish would be spring next year.
thanks,
Chris and Marc

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Would like to walk this along with my wife who had knee surgery beginning this year, length of the stages would be adaptable that we can figure out however one big but.. does anyone know if backpack transfer is already possible between Ribadeo and Ferrol? or any plans to start with this by Correos or any other company?
I wouldn't count on it, Chris and Marc. There just isn't sufficient traffic yet for a business to be drawn to this on the Mar. Your best bet would probably be to play the FEVE hopping game, setting up a base camp at a particular accommodation for a few stages, leaving your pack there, and then skipping forward or backward on the train as needed.

(This does make me wonder if there would be any interest at all at FEVE to ship packs ahead and store them in station offices, but I doubt attempts at initiating anything like that would go anywhere.)

I wouldn't count on it, Chris and Marc. There just isn't sufficient traffic yet for a business to be drawn to this on the Mar. Your best bet would probably be to play the FEVE hopping game, setting up a base camp at a particular accommodation for a few stages, leaving your pack there, and then skipping forward or backward on the train as needed.

(This does make me wonder if there would be any interest at all at FEVE to ship packs ahead and store them in station offices, but I doubt attempts at initiating anything like that would go anywhere.)
Thanks for your reply Dave, it was a longshot, we´ll see how far we´ll get hopping or not or just pack ultralight 😀. Will anyway enjoy reading your Guido ahead already

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.