Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No rooms available mid Sept in Roncesvalles, any suggestions?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
If nothing is available in Roncesvalles, you can try Burguete which is less than 3 km past Roncesvalles.

Gronze.com is a great source of information for albergues and other accommodations on the Camino. They have contact information to contact the properties directly.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If nothing is available in Roncesvalles, you can try Burguete which is less than 3 km past Roncesvalles.

Gronze.com is a great source of information for albergues and other accommodations on the Camino. They have contact information to contact the properties directly.

Thanks so much for great suggestions!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Don’t be worried you will find a place to sleep. It may not be the accommodations you like but you will find a place. Or you can pre- book your accommodations.
Buen Camino🥾
I did try to pre-book for mid Sept. I am an older person and not one for bunkbeds
and hostels... :)

I have a group coming through on September 24th. I just peeked at Hotel Roncesvalles and September does look a bit booked out. https://hotelroncesvalles.roncesvalles.es/reservas

If you are looking for private accommodations you could check La Posada or Casa Sabina as well https://laposada.roncesvalles.es/01-fechas-de-reserva/ and https://casasabina.roncesvalles.es/galeria-fotografica/

You can always make a reservation at the albergue, I would be amazed if they are full already https://alberguederoncesvalles.com/solicitud-de-reserva/

From Hotel Roncesvalles:
1716818655799.png

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I have a group coming through on September 24th. I just peeked at Hotel Roncesvalles and September does look a bit booked out. https://hotelroncesvalles.roncesvalles.es/reservas

If you are looking for private accommodations you could check La Posada or Casa Sabina as well https://laposada.roncesvalles.es/01-fechas-de-reserva/ and https://casasabina.roncesvalles.es/galeria-fotografica/

You can always make a reservation at the albergue, I would be amazed if they are full already https://alberguederoncesvalles.com/solicitud-de-reserva/

From Hotel Roncesvalles:
View attachment 171442
Please pardon my ignorance, this hotel is the famous one I see in all the YouTube videos with 200 beds?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I, and most I'd hope, am willing to trade any bottom bunk I get for a top one should someone need it.
I spent every night in a top bunk one year because I was always the last to arrive. I didn't mind then I as I like the view from the top, and bed bugs can't fall on you 🤣, but now I am old I can still get up, but I struggle to get back down, so really appreciate it when someone will swop with me.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Yes, it is less likely that bedbugs may reach you in an upper bunk with a metal frame and not against a wall. Of course this is if you don't bring them with you or the aren't already on the top bunk.

They climb wood easily. Plastic and metal less easily. Someone had posted they liked frilly soft furnishings and decoration which makes me cringe on the Camino as do albergue blankets that everyone always asks for...

Is someone starting Camino Frances on May 31st and in need of a place to stay in St Jean Pied de Porte on May 30?

I just received an email from Joseph at Beilari Aterpea asking me to confirm a reservation by 3pm on May 30. Otherwise, he will give the reservation to someone in need of a place.

Interestingly, I did not make any reservations, not at Beilari or anywhere else in St Jean Pied de Porte; not this year at least for I am not doing the Frances until maybe next year (2025) at the earliest.

If someone is looking for place at SJPdP for May 30, apparently there is one available, but under my email [personal email address removed by moderator]. I guess whoever is interested can contact Joseph at Beilari Aterpea to avail of the reservation. Buen Camino!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is someone starting Camino Frances on May 31st and in need of a place to stay in St Jean Pied de Porte on May 30?

I just received an email from Joseph at Beilari Aterpea asking me to confirm a reservation by 3pm on May 30. Otherwise, he will give the reservation to someone in need of a place.

Interestingly, I did not make any reservations, not at Beilari or anywhere else in St Jean Pied de Porte; not this year at least for I am not doing the Frances until maybe next year (2025) at the earliest.

It seems obvious that there is an error of some sort, and the best thing to do would be to reply to Joseph and say so. Then he can manage the requests that he probably already has.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms
on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
I walked the Camino Frances from St Jean Pied de Port in 2013 then began this from Somport in 2022 that I enjoyed even more and there were far less pilgrims and accommodation easy to find at Albergues etc without needing to book. Even though beginning at Somport is a tad longer, I feel the scenery is more beautiful plus there's the added bonus that there's no daunting first day walk to Roncesvalles as one is beginning on top of the Pyrenees and its mainly downhill from there. In late August this year I'm planning to walk again - this time beginning at Irun and walking another of the ways less travelled from there to Burgos on the Camino Vasco. Pilgrim John from Maryborough VIC Australia

Most read last week in this forum

Round the corner and up the hill from the Pilgrims Office in Santiago, about 50m away, is the Faculty of Medicine's huge cafeteria that must be able to seat between 200 and 300 people. They have a...
Well sorry for the long absence! I dropped offline and into Camino life and can't wait to go back (but unfortunately it won't be soon)! I won't say the Camino was an easy experience for me, or...
Hi all. I will be walking the Camino Frances in September ( I started in Le Puy in 2022 and will “finish” this year!) and hope to stay at the ALBERGUE Peregrinos Ribadiso around September 21. I’m...
Hi all. I’m sitting in the sun on this spectacular day in the Pyrenees at the statue of Mary and Jesus. A glorious day. Thank you to all the weather Gods. Perhaps June / July are the best walking...
If you take the route to Ventosa after Navarette there is a brand new bar/cafe I highly recommend. They've been open 4 days as of today June 12 . A local bee keeper started it and it is great...
Just got to Rabanal. Started May 20. It is not crowded. No traffic jams or conga lines. But I’m not here to argue about “crowd” hysteria—I’ve done that enough over the last few years and likely...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.