• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino: One Day at a Time, one Photo at a Time 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes , when on a Camino I'm the one making pictures of hardware stores aka Ferreterias.
I love these kind of places.Where else can you find cutlery ( when you want just that one spoon/fork because of course you lost that fancy plastic spork already... :) ) gardeningstuff, ducttape or soap?

O Meson do Vento on the Camino Ingles.
Me too Sabine ! :) This one is in Caminha. August 7, 2015

IMG_6270.jpeg IMG_6263.jpeg IMG_6265.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Frances
towards El Acebo

photo taken March 12, 2007

down into El Acebo  .JPG

Walking towards El Acebo on the camino was pure hell due to loose shale/scree on the irregular path. Stopping at the local bar/resto/albergue, Le Meson El Acebo, was a big relief; as always their welcome and food were great!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It's not Spain, but it was the first 2 days of my 2018 Camino:
St Finbarr Way, Ireland.

After a gentle amble past streams and cows, the first climb of the day is about to begin.
Before that, though, the way passes what's left of the 16thC Caisleán Uí Dhonnabháin (Castle Donovan) after Oliver Cromwell blew it up.
IMG_0074.JPG

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Saint Jean Pied de Port
55 rue de La Citadelle
municipal albergue

photo taken February 5, 2007

Saint Jean Pied de Port.JPG

Ever caring/helpful Mme Jeannine, the municipal albergue hospitalera, provided a hot supper and placed an electric heater by my cot. Beginning my 3rd CF, excited and trepidatious, I was the sole pilgrim that frosty winter night but the heartfelt camino caritas was endless.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back