Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Overnight in La Faba but also go to Pilgrim's Mass in O Cebreiro

Year of past OR future Camino
This is a bit of an oddball question, and I did a search on the Forum but didn't see anything. As many of you know, there is a rather wonderful, and often moving, Pilgrims Mass in Cebreiro at the Church of Santa Maria.

So, if one were to stay in La Faba, is there a way to get a ride after arrival at La Faba to O Cebreiro for the Church of Santa Maria Pilgrims Mass and then return to La Faba. Wonder if there would be taxis operating up there? Maybe even hitchhike. It's about a 15 minute drive.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Leibniz

Peregrina
Frances from Astorga (2018)
Frances/Invierno from SJPP (2019)
You’ll find a local taxi. Just ask at your albergue or hotel at La Faba and they’ll get you a number or even call it for you.

Chances are you’ll spot the number yourself on a poster before you even ask.

paleoirish

Miriam
Camino Frances 2019
This is a bit of an oddball question, and I did a search on the Forum but didn't see anything. As many of you know, there is a rather wonderful, and often moving, Pilgrims Mass in Cebreiro at the Church of Santa Maria.

So, if one were to stay in La Faba, is there a way to get a ride after arrival at La Faba to O Cebreiro for the Church of Santa Maria Pilgrims Mass and then return to La Faba. Wonder if there would be taxis operating up there? Maybe even hitchhike. It's about a 15 minute drive.
I'm glad that you asked because otherwise I might have missed the mass and it sounds like a good experience. I'll be there tonight now thanks to your question.

Via2010

06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Why not continue to O'Cebreiro? I can remember a wonderful pilgrims dinner in a local Pub and afterwards there was celtic life music with bagpipes etc.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

norelle

Camino Frances (2011 April, 2014 March) San Salvador, Primitivo, Finisterre, Muxia (June 2015) Del Norte (Sept/Oct 2016)
Maybe because La Faba is a magical place? I found it so anyway; it's much quieter than O Cebreiro, which has a busier and more touristic buzz. And the albergue next to the church is so lovely.
O Cebreiro is also a magical place later in the day when the tourist buses leave. Beautiful sunset!

cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Back in 2017 having overnighted at Trabadelo we were in La Faba at around 11.00 and O'Cebreiro for lunch at 13.00. If pushed I would recommend O Çebreiro given its historical association with the Camino.

Via2010

06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Maybe because La Faba is a magical place? I found it so anyway; it's much quieter than O Cebreiro, which has a busier and more touristic buzz. And the albergue next to the church is so lovely.

Yes, I like this albergue, which is run by a german pilgrims association. Sometimes there is mass or an evening prayer at the church in La Faba, too.

I do not really see the point in sleeping at La Faba but driving to a distant place to go to mass. Only few pilgrims who stayed at La Faba overnight attended the religious services which were offered in the nearby church, which is a pitty.

After 5 o'clock in the afternoon O'Cebreiro became a quiet place too. So it is in the early morning hours (but then it is unlikely that you will find the church open).

I think you have to take a decision and not try to pick the raisins out of the cake.

CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
You’ll find a local taxi. Just ask at your albergue or hotel at La Faba and they’ll get you a number or even call it for you.

Chances are you’ll spot the number yourself on a poster before you even ask.
Met a guy in A Faba waiting for his taxi. He was sitting outside the local café and said the lady who owned it phoned for him. He was not going to Mass, just too tired to make the final walk so it was early afternoon. Dont know what kind of service you will get later on but a taxi is a definite possibility

tomjane40

Jane S
Camino Frances Sept 2017
Camino Frances Sept 2020
I highly recommend the Albergue, Refugio in La Faba. Only 9 beds, amazing organic, vegetarian meals and a wonderful communal dinner.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads