• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Posting photos: parsing response failure

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello
I have tried to post a photo without sucess. I keep getting the response 'parsing response failure'. Do I need to alter something?

Cheers

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm no IT Guru, but after a brief bit of reserach....
Are you using a VPN?
That can cause this error I think.
Or checking 'hide my IP' on your browser.
Of course I could be totally wrong......... :rolleyes:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for your responses.

No, i am not trying to load the photo using 'attach a file'.

I always click on th 'picture' icon in the menu. Then on the box which appears. Then choose my photo, click, done. Then I click 'thumbnail'. This has always worked in the past. Today is the first time it hasn't.

Four times I have tried. The photo loads to 70%- 90% then fails. With 'Parsing response failure' Appearing.

Cheers

I always click on th 'picture' icon in the menu. Then on the box which appears. Then choose my photo, click, done. Then I click 'thumbnail'. This has always worked in the past. Today is the first time it hasn't.

Four times I have tried. The photo loads to 70%- 90% then fails. With 'Parsing response failure' Appearing.

Cheers
Is the photo a very large file? If you are on mobile, are you using the app or the web version?

Cheers
Use the attach a file option.
Then it will let you put the photo inline as a full photo or a thumbnail.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Ivar
I am using a mobile. I am not using the app. I access the forum via google...
I was google this and it seems it is related to a feature that iPhones have (in Safari) related to hiding your IP address Using iCloud Private Relay. It seems to work if you turn this off... you might not want to turn this off, but if you do there are some instructions here:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello! I am following the instructions about editing my ACCOUNT DETAILS since I want to change the year of my past/present Camino/s but when I go to this page, the Past/Present Camino/s option is...
Is it possible to private message other members? I have tried clicking on the name of the person I’d like to message (a mod, to ask when the monthly start date threads are posted) but all I see is...
Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.