• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer by Correos

Cfran_sg

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2022)
Hi,

I’m planning to use the luggage transfer services by Correos. When checking their website, it seems that the service is charged by stages eg. Leon to Santiago 13 stages. What if I want to break the walk into more than 13 stages? Does anyone know if Correos allow that? And do I have to pay for these extra stages, or is the prices still the same?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,

I’m planning to use the luggage transfer services by Correos. When checking their website, it seems that the service is charged by stages eg. Leon to Santiago 13 stages. What if I want to break the walk into more than 13 stages? Does anyone know if Correos allow that? And do I have to pay for these extra stages, or is the prices still the same?
It's my understanding that Correos charges the same price when you prepay regardless of how many days it takes, while the other luggage transfer companies charge per day.

Hi,

Hi @Cfran_sg - you can definitely do more stages and pay the same, that's one of the things about Correos that I liked - their pricing benefits slower walkers! They have a set fee for a distance (eg your León to Santiago), and that's what you pay if you book that whole stretch, no matter how long it takes. Well, within reason I guess! When you book through their online system you specify your start and finish places, and then you list the places you'll be staying in between. Of course, this is assuming you book the whole lot at one time. It works the same if you just do a few days at a time - eg if you just want to book León-Ponferrada to start, you pay for that distance and the cost is split between however many days it takes you. We did it this way as we didn't want to have to book more than a few days ahead for our accommodation.

Just to note: if you'd rather just go day by day, and just book a day ahead for the following day's stage, you won't get the León-Santiago rate. So - more flexibility, but you'll pay the standard daily rate each day.

Disclaimer: This is how it worked when we used Correos in 2017 and 2019. If things have changed since, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just to note: if you'd rather just go day by day, and just book a day ahead for the following day's stage, you won't get the León-Santiago rate. So - more flexibility, but you'll pay the standard daily rate each day.
Actually you can pay the León to Santiago price in advance without booking all of your accommodations ahead of time. You can let them know day by day where you are staying and where to send your bag. You just have to let them know by 8 pm each day.
This is what it says on their site:

If you still don't know which hostel, guest house or hotel you are going to stay in, it's okay. You will be able to access your booking at any time and specify your accommodation. The service must be booked before 8:00 pm the day before the transfer.

Actually you can pay the León to Santiago price in advance without booking all of your accommodations ahead of time. You can let them know day by day where you are staying and where to send your bag. You just have to let them know by 8 pm each day.

If you still don't know which hostel, guest house or hotel you are going to stay in, it's okay. You will be able to access your booking at any time and specify your accommodation. The service must be booked before 8:00 pm the day before the transfer.

Ahhh thanks Trecile! That's great to know.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
AND, if you miss the on-line 8:00 PM deadline for the next day, which happened to me once, you can call in the morning and submit your info to a representative over the phone. I believe I had 53 transfers this past spring (SJPP-SGO), way more than “normal.” No extra charges whatsoever.

This is correct. I have used them many times. By paying in advance, you can make as many stops as desired for a fixed price. Can save money. I Book my reservations ahead, in advance. Then I don’t focus on having to contact Correos nightly. However, when I need to make changes, I contact them. The process is smooth and reliable.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello, everyone. These posts have been very helpful, so my wife and I thank you! We will be walking the Frances starting September 6 from SJPDP. It will be our first, so excitement and nerves are a big mixture at the moment.
Unfortunately, we will need to use a transfer service due to some necessary medical equipment for each of us.
We have a few questions, if you wouldn't mind.
We will use transport for a small suitcase that is just slightly larger than airline carry-on. Are there size/weight limitations when using Correos? (The suitcase will probably top out at around 20-25 pounds.)
Correos sounds very flexible, but I didn't see a SJPDP as a starting point. Did I miss something? (Like the border between Spain and France?)
Am I correct in thinking that Correos is the Spanish post office? And yet they still offer transport to small villages? My wife and I are going to be very slow, lots of stops over relatively shorter distances. Are all the smaller villages served by Correos for luggage forwarding?
Thank you for any guidance you can offer.
Gary and Sally

Are there size/weight limitations when using Correos? (The suitcase will probably top out at around 20-25 pounds.)
The Correos website shows the maximum weight

Screenshot_20230815_145224_Firefox.jpg
Correos sounds very flexible, but I didn't see a SJPDP as a starting point. Did I miss something
You will have to use Express Bourricot until you get to Spain.

Am I correct in thinking that Correos is the Spanish post office? And yet they still offer transport to small villages? My wife and I are going to be very slow, lots of stops over relatively shorter distances. Are all the smaller villages served by Correos for luggage forwarding?
Yes, it's a separate service from the regular mail delivery.

All the information is in their website.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back