• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Relocation of the oficina del peregrino

piogaw

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances (05/06 2012) sjpdp-sdc; vdlp/camino sanabrea (02/03 2013) sevilla-sdc; hospitalero sdc june 2013, august-september 2013; caminho portugues (03 2014) lisboa-sdc
I have heard from a colleague 2 days ago that the renovation of the new oficina del peregrino on the ground floor has been completed. And the staff has moved downstair and is using the new office. The new office is on the same address but on the left hand side as you enter the court yard. Anyone care to verify the relocation and also give more information.

Buen camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm thinking I read the same story just recently on another forum. You describe the same. I'll try to find again to double check.

It was kind cool of staring up at those above waiting on the steps as we queue up to attain our Compostela and seeing the smiling faces descend. Part of the whole experience for me.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wayfarer, don't forget that the Compostela is only one component of the "get out of hell free card." Do not forget to do the other things that, together, constitute the plenary indulgence. One must receive their compostela, go to confession, attend Mass, receive communion, and say the requisite prayers for the Pope and his intentions, within a day or two of obtaining the Compostela. These elements are all very convenient to do. It is almost a one-stop shop.

Wayfarer, don't forget that the Compostela is only one component of the "get out of hell free card." Do not forget to do the other things that, together, constitute the plenary indulgence. One must receive their compostela, go to confession, attend Mass, receive communion, and say the requisite prayers for the Pope and his intentions, within a day or two of obtaining the Compostela. These elements are all very convenient to do. It is almost a one-stop shop.
I'm sorry to say I missed a few, no confession, no prayers for the pope just some for family and friends who are ill, sooooooo I'll just have to go back and do it all again. :)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Yes it was like queing for the pearly gates after a hard slog to be met by angels in blue T shirts and then you get your "get out of hell free card" and you smile all the way out.
where today they were still dedicating patience in the old facilities.Soft opening nearing!!

Good news -- the existing bureau was pretty teensy compared to the current numbers ; though I'll miss it, I won't miss those annoying stairs.

Wayfarer - ANY excuse to return to do it again is a good one. I leap-frogged a few days across the Meseta to get medical attention in Burgos and Leon. So, MY excuse is to return to re-do the entire Camino Frances, until I do it completely on foot - all the way.

Like I said, any excuse is a valid excuse, just as long as we keep returning. It was a profound, seminal and life-altering experience for me. I would dearly like to experience it again...and again... Once I have done the Camino Frances to my satisfaction, I hope to do several other routes.

The "Camino Bug" has bitten!!

Be Well!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
good news for everyone,

the newly relocated oficina del peregrino has finally been officially opened yesterday as mentioned by sillydoll. it looks roomy and will make it easier for peregrinos to get their compostelas without climbing the stairs.

buen camino to all and congratulations to all who made it to santiago. que dios os bendiga.

[...] the newly relocated oficina del peregrino has finally been officially opened yesterday [...]
A positive point is that we can ¨process¨ each pilgrim quicker than we did so far in the old offices since we have all staff in the same room. However, it's cold (temperature wise) for us to work there at the moment and wonder how pilgrims will be protected once they enter the premises when it rains. A few teething problems to be solved in due course. The office looks certainly better than the one "upstairs¨, pilgrims don't have to hang onto handrails on stairs, and the meeting area in the garden is certainly an asset.
Welcome to Santiago de Compostela's new pilrgims office!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello fraluchi,

I heard you and your wife are working there now as amigo volunteeers.

Did you have a good camino, no rains?

God bless.

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.