• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ruta do Mar (August 2024)

kvermeir99

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2024 - Ruta do Mar + Camino Ingles
Hey,

I'm Kaï, a 25-year-old student in Belgium and planning to walk my first Camino from 06 August 2024 to 24 August 2024. Since I want to avoid the summer heat and really enjoy coastal walking, I'm planning to do the Ruta/Camino do Mar starting from Ribadeo to Ferrol where I will join the Camino Ingles.

Since this is a less walked Camino, I was wondering if other pilgrims are planning to walk this route or would like to join me in my endeavor?

Would love to meet some new people on the Camino and talk about life :))

Kaï

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I haven’t walked it but friends who have tell me it is very lonely, challenging and no albergues, but very beautiful. Good luck.

I haven’t walked it but friends who have tell me it is very lonely, challenging and no albergues, but very beautiful. Good luck.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply!

Did they tell how and where they slept overnight? Did they wild camp, ask permission to camp or stay in cheap hotels?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It's a lovely route. Very quiet but if you like coastal walks, this is one of the best.

You might want to read this blog for ideas about where to stay.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Have yet to decide on where to stay. Dave Whitson, author of Ingles and Do Mar guidebook, has an update page with link to spreadsheet of accommodations on these routes. https://davewhitson.com/index.php/guidebook-updates/
Wow thanks @cnxjo,

The spreadsheet is a wonderful resource, I didn't stumble upon during my research! If you have more useful information, I'm more than happy to hear about it :) I also ordered the Dave Whitson Guidebook and contacted the host of the only albergue in Viveiro. She added me to a (Spanish) Facebook group and gave loads of information on the stages as well.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good morning, I will be walking this same route beginning in late August and have seen that although the infrastructure is not quite like the Frances or other more travelled Caminos it does it exist. I am estimating I will spend a little more for lodging for sure based on the guidebooks. I am excited to walk this route and wish you a Buen Camino!!!!

Good morning, I will be walking this route hopefully early August. Have been getting a lot of information. Very interesting route. Buen Camino

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back