• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending a bag or box from SJPdP to Ivar

bstuts

Time of past OR future Camino
April 25, 2024 starting in SJPdP
Ivar - I am flying into Pamplona from US on April 24th and then taking an ALSA bus from Pamplona to SJPdP. If I decide to check a bag with the air carrier for my flights (which would include my trekking poles) (i.e., instead of carrying my back pack with all items onto the plane) and then take that checked bag to SJPdP, how would I send that bag to you once I get to SJPdP. Thanks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
From SJPdP it's really best to use the service of Express Bourricot. I've used them three times to send a suitcase to Santiago and theyr service is very reliable.

Express Bourricot has more flexible pickup times. Be careful to note the pickup times for Ivar though as its only available for like an hour a day. Cost-wise, I think Ivar's is a little cheaper overall especially for smaller sized packages.

I used Spain's regular mail to send to Ivar. I think its called Correo or just search for it in Google maps. Most larger cities have one.

I think Ivar's is a little cheaper overall especially for smaller sized packages.
These are the prices for shipping from France to Ivar using DHL.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 125244.png

It would be less expensive to use the French Post Office, but there is a small risk with the package/bag going astray, and not having complete tracking due to the crossover with the French and Spanish postal systems.

It's 70 Euros for Express Bourricot.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sorry for coming late to this (I was out yesterday). From SJPP there are two ways of getting things to me in Santiago for storage. See option 1 and 2 here:

... you can also use the service that Bourricot's offer. See link above.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Ivar provides a great service I hear! But so far I’ve found it also easy to 1. Leave my extra things at the hotel or hostel I’m going to stay at before and after my walk or 2. Sending extra stuff to my after walk hotel for pick up. That said, I have never finished in Santiago, so Ivar hasn’t been an option for me. PS if you do go the hotel route, contact them ahead to see if that works for them.

My wife and I plan on arriving in Santiago on June 28th. I plan to ship a bag to Ivar in late May from France. Good information here. Thanks!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Two extra questions:

1. Is it necessary to notify Ivar if we are shipping luggage to Casa Ivar?

2. If I have to send my suitcase from Correos in Pamplona, are there English speaking staff? My Spanish is only very basic at this stage.

Thanks for any assistance.

I would think you might be lucky and find at least one English-speaking member of staff at the Correos in Pamplona, but no-one in this forum can really tell. There is no guarantee. Usually in these situations I prepare what I want to say in advance.

I would think you might be lucky and find at least one English-speaking member of staff at the Correos in Pamplona, but no-one in this forum can really tell. There is no guarantee. Usually in these situations I prepare what I want to say in advance.
Thank you - that is what I plan to do. Just a bit concerned about getting it wrong. 🙂

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back