• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sony ZV-1 camera and charging

camster

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2023
I can't find any information online to figure out if I can simply use the USB end of my cable and plug it directly into the canadian/european socket I'll bring with me or if I need to use a converter/or an adaptor for current for my ZV-1. It says nothing like "120-240v" on my battery or camera, so I can't confirm using directly the USB plug would be okay.
Thanks for trying to make light on the subject for me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Its next to impossible to find a an electronic rechargeable camera, phone, tablet, or computer that is not dual voltage now. My Ricoh's, Fujifilm cameras, and Panasonic all had no problem with European plugs. if you're concerned buy a battery charger, it will charge the battery faster too, and allow you to have a spare ready, if you need it.

Its next to impossible to find a an electronic rechargeable camera, phone, tablet, or computer that is not dual voltage now. My Ricoh's, Fujifilm cameras, and Panasonic all had no problem with European plugs. if you're concerned buy a battery charger, it will charge the battery faster too, and allow you to have a spare ready, if you need it.
Ah, yes indeed. Very wise, thank you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I can't find any information online to figure out if I can simply use the USB end of my cable and plug it directly into the canadian/european socket I'll bring with me or if I need to use a converter/or an adaptor for current for my ZV-1. It says nothing like "120-240v" on my battery or camera, so I can't confirm using directly the USB plug would be okay.
You can use a phone charger - anything that has a USB port will be safe. You can buy a phone charger with EU prongs at the airport while you are waiting for your plane, or at any phone/hardware department store in Spain.

I'm a little confused about what you are trying to do. If the camera is charged using a USB cable, using any USB charging device will work. More, the camera won't have a 120-240V marking because it isn't being charged directly from a mains supply but at the USB voltage of about 5V.

I am wondering how you are bringing a socket, or is that a reference to the USB socket on a power supply that will be plugged into to a mains supply? It is fairly safe to say these are all going to be dual/multiple voltage devices these days, and should be marked like that.

In all this, the only thing that should have a USB plug is a USB cable. The power supply and your camera should have USB sockets into which a cable is plugged :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm a little confused about what you are trying to do. If the camera is charged using a USB cable, using any USB charging device will work. More, the camera won't have a 120-240V marking because it isn't being charged directly from a mains supply but at the USB voltage of about 5V.

I am wondering how you are bringing a socket, or is that a reference to the USB socket on a power supply that will be plugged into to a mains supply? It is fairly safe to say these are all going to be dual/multiple voltage devices these days, and should be marked like that.

In all this, the only thing that should have a USB plug is a USB cable. The power supply and your camera should have USB sockets into which a cable is plugged :)
I was wondering if plugging my camera's usb cable directly into the usb plug on the European adaptor (see picture) would be okay or if I needed one of those blocks with US/CAN pins that we plug the usb cable in at home in order to charge in the wall (since these blocks convert current).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230618_152649_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230618_152649_com.android.chrome.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 5
I was wondering if plugging my camera's usb cable directly into the usb plug on the European adaptor (see picture) would be okay or if I needed one of those blocks with US/CAN pins that we plug the usb cable in at home in order to charge in the wall (since these blocks convert current).
That will work. This is a combination travel adaptor and USB power supply.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.