Still trying to figure out which Camino to do !!!

2018 edition Camino Guides
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Many more to come in my future God willing !
We have all heard of the more common Camino's throughout Spain and I have enjoyed the last 3 CF's I have done, but it is now time for a change.
I recently found this Camino (Ignaciano) by way of a friend's suggestion. I am opening this thread in hopes someone or someone(s) can provide me with their thoughts and/or ideas on this route.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.......

Advertisment

mspath

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
We have all heard of the more common Camino's throughout Spain and I have enjoyed the last 3 CF's I have done, but it is now time for a change.
I recently found this Camino (Ignaciano) by way of a friend's suggestion. I am opening this thread in hopes someone or someone(s) can provide me with their thoughts and/or ideas on this route.

Thank you.......
Have you seen this web?
https://ignatiancamino.com/about-the-ignatian-camino/

Bala

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (Oct 2015, SJPdP-Burgos)
Camino Frances (Burgos-Santiago 2018)
If you are on Facebook, there's a new group, Friends of the Ignatian Camino. Several people have posted videos, slideshows and blogs. Very informative.

Last edited:

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances ('09, '11 - entire, '14, '16),
Finisterre ('11, '16),
Madrid ('14),
Invierno ('14),
Levante ('15+'??),
Sanabres ('14, '15 - entire),
Muxia ('15),
Bayona ('16),
Salvador ('16),
Ingles ('16)...
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!

Thank you.......
Few clicks away with search function gives you this:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/live-from-the-camino-ignaciano.32887/

Happy planning!

Advertisment

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Bob,
You could do several. Start CF, Invierno to finish. That gives you the old and the new. As yet, decided?

Camino(s) past & future
NYC - I will research this as well. I received an email from someone telling me the Ignaciano was somewhat isolated and that albergues were not as frequent. Anyone here agree or deny these ideas? Thank you all !

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances ('09, '11 - entire, '14, '16),
Finisterre ('11, '16),
Madrid ('14),
Invierno ('14),
Levante ('15+'??),
Sanabres ('14, '15 - entire),
Muxia ('15),
Bayona ('16),
Salvador ('16),
Ingles ('16)...
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
NYC - I will research this as well. I received an email from someone telling me the Ignaciano was somewhat isolated and that albergues were not as frequent. Anyone here agree or deny these ideas? Thank you all !
Read the posts in the link I posted above. Don't know for sure but maybe our forum member @MichaelSG (think that was him) also writes a blog.

EDIT: Yes it was him and the links to his blog are posted in the thread.

domigee

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
2018: 'Via Lemovicensis or maybe Via Francigena, again....

Thank you.......
Just came upon this blog written by one of our forum members :
http://memismscaminoignaciano.blogspot.co.uk

I haven't read it yet but it might give you useful information:)

PS Sorry @KinkyOne , only saw after posting you had already found it. Doh. :oops:

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Domigee - Thank you for posting this. It is quite in depth and informative.........

Bob

jl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
For what it is worth, here is the blog I did when I was walking last year. It also includes the Invierno too (at the end of Oct.). We started in September so this is the link to the month that we began. I crossed the mountain to Aranztazu alone - care needs to be taken. The fog came in, rocks were very slippery, and I had no idea that there were sheer cliffs off to the side! Janet

http://offwanderingagain.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/

Advertisement

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Most viewed threads

Most liked threads