• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Take care - Dangerous Firecracker: Ponferrada

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés May-June 2016
Unfortunately, on the outskirts of Ponferrada city centre, I had a firecracker/banger thrown at me by a small group of men. If it was kids it would have been stupid fun, albeit unpleasant. But these men sat and stared at me from the comfort of a cafe terrace. It landed and exploded between my feet. It was close to going into my right boot, which would have caused me serious injury. The explosion left a large black mark on the pavement. I remunstrated, shook my crutch at them (I had injured my left ankle and was walking with the aid of a crutch), but they all sat and glared at me. The cafe proprietor was present and did nothing.
I reported this incident to my hostel/albergue - they were unconcerend. I went to Tourist Information - the lady there was shocked and angry, telephoned the police, who said as I was not injured they would do nothing about it. I showed the Tourist office lady a photo of the cafe where the men were. She knew the place, said it was not somewhere she would use, and that the people there are unpleasant. It also became apparent that other pilgrims have reported unpleasantness in this city - hostile and aggressive. Has anyone else heard this/reported anything? The Police and council do nothing unless someone is injured. I was glad to leave the city the next morning. Just take care and report anything to the central Tourist Office. Buen Camino :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sounds like a place to avoid - which street was it on? rather than naming the cafe.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Can't be avoided unless you leave the official Camino route into Ponferrada.

The last couple of times I’ve taken the shorter route into Ponferrada (described in Brierley), by staying on the main road after Molinaseca. It’s quite safe, with a pavement (sidewalk) the whole way. You would then avoid this café. Jill

The last couple of times I’ve taken the shorter route into Ponferrada (described in Brierley), by staying on the main road after Molinaseca. It’s quite safe, with a pavement (sidewalk) the whole way. You would then avoid this café. Jill
Good advice Jill, thank you.

Unfortunately, on the outskirts of Ponferrada city centre, I had a firecracker/banger thrown at me by a small group of men. If it was kids it would have been stupid fun, albeit unpleasant. But these men sat and stared at me from the comfort of a cafe terrace. It landed and exploded between my feet. It was close to going into my right boot, which would have caused me serious injury. The explosion left a large black mark on the pavement. I remunstrated, shook my crutch at them (I had injured my left ankle and was walking with the aid of a crutch), but they all sat and glared at me. The cafe proprietor was present and did nothing.
I reported this incident to my hostel/albergue - they were unconcerend. I went to Tourist Information - the lady there was shocked and angry, telephoned the police, who said as I was not injured they would do nothing about it. I showed the Tourist office lady a photo of the cafe where the men were. She knew the place, said it was not somewhere she would use, and that the people there are unpleasant. It also became apparent that other pilgrims have reported unpleasantness in this city - hostile and aggressive. Has anyone else heard this/reported anything? The Police and council do nothing unless someone is injured. I was glad to leave the city the next morning. Just take care and report anything to the central Tourist Office. Buen Camino :)
@Ralph Keith Redhead
I had a small firecracker thrown at me from a car while I was sitting at a table outside the small food stall just up the hill from the Monte de Gozo albergue. It hit me in the head but fortunately did no damage. I suppose that it might have if it had hit an eye. I saw it as probably a prank by a local youth who resents pilgrims. I don't really know of course. I shall try to avoid that bar in Ponferrada.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It's a pity you had such an unfortunate experience.

Ponferrada isn't one of the cities/towns in Spain where firecrackers are more popular so chances of firecracker related incidents are lower than in other Spanish cities. Of course, as in any other city, there are pleasant people and not (so) pleasant people. It's good to know areas that could be problematic so people could research them and avoid them if they feel it necessary. @jsalt quoted an entry to Ponferrada that completely avoid the area where you had the incident so anyone concerned could use that other route (as well as anyone looking for a shorter route into Ponferrada).

I hope yours to be an isolated case and that problems for pilgrims in that area of Ponferrada don't become something usual.

It also became apparent that other pilgrims have reported unpleasantness in this city - hostile and aggressive.

To label the city as hostile and aggressive is, IMHO, unfair. Problematic people and/or areas can be found in any city but it isn't fair to describe a city as if there was just that sort of people and/or areas.

Ponferrada isn't one of the cities/towns in Spain where firecrackers are more popular so chances of firecracker related incidents are lower than in other Spanish cities. Of course, as in any other city, there are pleasant people and not (so) pleasant people. It's good to know areas that could be problematic so people could research them and avoid them if they feel it necessary. @jsalt quoted an entry to Ponferrada that completely avoid the area where you had the incident so anyone concerned could use that other route (as well as anyone looking for a shorter route into Ponferrada).

I hope yours to be an isolated case and that problems for pilgrims in that area of Ponferrada don't become something usual.

To label the city as hostile and aggressive is, IMHO, unfair. Problematic people and/or areas can be found in any city but it isn't fair to describe a city as if there was just that sort of people and/or areas.

@Castilian
What I remember about Ponferrada is meeting a group of older men sitting together near the church, one with a baby in a carriage, which they were all admiring. I commented, in my very basic Spanish: "Un nino y seis abuelos. He smiled at me and replied "Y una abuela," It was one of my very few attempts to communicate with the locals in Spanish, and is a fond memory.

Edit: I have just realized that this encounter happened in Portomarin, not in Ponferrada. What I remember about my time in Ponferrada (one night in the rain) was celebrating the results of the Canadian election with all the other Canadian pilgrims in the albergue.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Read my statement carefully - I have not labelled the entire city as 'hostile and aggressive!' IMHO this is a gross overstatement! I am pleased you had a rewarding experience in the city. Mine was quite the opposite and I felt others should know, just to take care.

Thank you for posting. Buen Camino :), Caesar

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I know what I would do. Won't explain this here, but police would have to be called in. And that firecracker would definitely went into the police report. Sometimes you (that's I ;)) just have to push things a bit further on their natural way when the s**t has already started to splash around. You asked for it, you'll get it.

I know, not very pilgrim "peace to all" attitude, but then again I don't take s**t from anyone. Home or abroad.

Yes, I know mods will delete this post but maybe someone will still be able to read it :D

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Read my statement carefully - I have not labelled the entire city as 'hostile and aggressive!'

Well, English isn't my native tongue and it seems I misunderstood you. After reading it once again, and knowing now that you aren't labelling the entire city as hostile and aggressive, I must admit I don't know what are you labelling as hostile and aggressive. Most likely, that's due to my poor English though. Anyway, I'm glad you aren't labelling the entire city as hostile and aggressive and I'm glad you explicitly said it just in case there was someone else that misunderstood you.

I felt others should know, just to take care.

And that's a great idea. As I said on my post above:

It's good to know areas that could be problematic so people could research them and avoid them if they feel it necessary.

What strikes me reading these posts about not one but two fire cracker " atracks", is that while we so often read here that we "pilgrims" bring money to Spain and that should make us welcome, with the number of people on the trail we may have overstayed our welcome.

Mind you, I do get that these agressions were planned and absolutely reckless, mean spirited, rude, and simply dangerous and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

What strikes me reading these posts about not one but two fire cracker " atracks", is that while we so often read here that we "pilgrims" bring money to Spain and that should make us welcome, with the number of people on the trail we may have overstayed our welcome.

Mind you, I do get that these agressions were planned and absolutely reckless, mean spirited, rude, and simply dangerous and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

They were punished to the full extent of the law. See the quote below:

I went to Tourist Information - the lady there was shocked and angry, telephoned the police, who said as I was not injured they would do nothing about it.

No one was hurt; no one gets punished.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

@Anemone del Camino
I did not really experience the firecracker thrown at me as an attack. For one thing, I didn't know what had hit me in the head until I picked up the still smoking firecracker from the pavement and figured out that it had been thrown by someone in the car which had just whizzed past. It was a very small firecracker and so unlikely to do any major damage.But I suppose that any pattern of aggression is like the occasionally reported assaults on women. If several happen, people start to take them seriously. Because of the size of the firecracker there was no injury or probability of injury, so no point in a police report. In general, I have experienced great goodwill from the Spanish people, although I suppose that in my cultural ignorance I may sometimes have given offence. I shall certainly report any attack that I believe warrants it, for safety reasons, but I am not afraid of assault, only that some of the residents on the route of the camino Frances may be thoroughly tired of the masses of pilgrims coming through.

I'm glad you were not hurt but the OP's experience could have been very different had the cracker fallen slightly closer to him.I hate the idea that throwing anything at anyone walking by can be accepted by onlookers.
@Anemone del Camino
I find it particularly offensive that a group of men would choose to attack someone who is obviously injured or handicapped - walking with a crutch. We can only hope that, although the police could not take action in this instance, they would keep an eye on this group, for the sake of public safety. I agree that any such attack should be reported to the police.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would agree that the hospitality has worn a bit thin since my first walks in 2009.
I noticed that in many places, even in mid January this year, that local folks seemed to be more tolerating than welcoming. This is a general statement and not meant to include everyone....just that I noticed a really large change in attitude.

I would guess that as the numbers have greatly increased and the general attitude of the pilgrims has changed...it has become more difficult for the locals on a daily basis.
There has been a huge change in the pilgrim conduct and culture over the past 5 years.
Just my observation...it may be meaningless except to me.:cool::cool:

On the smaller Caminos, pilgrims are still very much welcomed.

I still remember all the lovely people who talked to us on the Camino de Madrid, including the hospitalera who came running after us to ensure we got her sello, though we'd only stopped in her village to buy groceries. She told me that someone had told her there were pilgrims in town, and checked both bars and supermarkets until she found us. Or the priest who had us stand up during Mass to introduce us (we'd talked to him a little bit earlier) and tell everyone in his congregation that there were pilgrims in town and to make certain we were well taken care of...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I still remember all the lovely people who talked to us on the Camino de Madrid, including the hospitalera who came running after us to ensure we got her sello, though we'd only stopped in her village to buy groceries. She told me that someone had told her there were pilgrims in town, and checked both bars and supermarkets until she found us. Or the priest who had us stand up during Mass to introduce us (we'd talked to him a little bit earlier) and tell everyone in his congregation that there were pilgrims in town and to make certain we were well taken care of...

I agree @HeidiL. We experienced many enthusiastic welcomes and acts of kindness on the Camino del Baztan this year.

There was a report in a local paper this morning of an attack on a taxi carrying tourists around the sights in the Lower Falls in Belfast.
I think both incidents are not unrelated. People marooned in inner city poverty or rural isolation could be jealous.
That doesn't excuse what they do but might go some way to explain it.

True too on the Camino do Mar (Ribadeo to San Andrés de Teixido), followed by Camino Inglés. We were also something of a novelty as we were walking, rather than making the pilgrimage to San Andrés by car which is how most folk go. Lovely folk along the way who went out of their way to be helpful and chat to us.

This year, when we touched on the latter part of the Camino Francés, we felt that some places were suffering from 'pilgrim fatigue' but 6kms off the Camino was as friendly etc as ever as were the sections of the Norte and Primitivo that we walked/visited.

€149,-
I would agree that the hospitality has worn a bit thin since my first walks in 2009.
I noticed that in many places, even in mid January this year, that local folks seemed to be more tolerating than welcoming. This is a general statement and not meant to include everyone....just that I noticed a really large change in attitude.

I would guess that as the numbers have greatly increased and the general attitude of the pilgrims has changed...it has become more difficult for the locals on a daily basis.
There has been a huge change in the pilgrim conduct and culture over the past 5 years.
Just my observation...it may be meaningless except to me.:cool::cool:

Sadly I also have to agree on that...

Between 2004 and 2009 was already a big change, but from 2009 to 2013 it really hit me how different locals were perceiving and receiving pilgrims. I know we bring money to areas that otherwise would have not much incomes to rely from but, there is a noticeable difference in treatment. Maybe due to pilgrims own behavior: The " its my own camino" histeria miss-interpretation might have some relevant weight on this equation. This is sad.

When I decided to walk the camino again this year, I chose to go again for the Frances - coming from the aragones (1st time on that one!) - spcially because my wife is coming with me and I wanted her to experience the camaraderie among pilgrims and, considering the window we have available (nov/dec) it was enough for me to give the Frances another go!

I hope that in very cold weather, locals will be a little bit more keen to give us a heart warm reception. They will most certainly be very well respected and well treated by us!

Ultreia!

Vagner

Firecrackers are popular in many places in Spain. On some places they are used year-round while on others they are basically used just at specific periods (e.g.: Christmas, local fiestas...). All years there's people injured due to firecrackers' use somewhere in Spain.

I don't like firecrackers. Fortunately (for me), I live somewhere where they are used just at specific periods. However, I know that when those periods arrive, I'm the one who must be careful whenever a kid/teenager that might have a firecracker is on sight because many times they aren't careful to avoid throwing it where people is walking and many times they aren't (fully) aware of the damage they could make. Adults, usually, are (more) careful although you might find exceptions.

Yesterday, when I was walking where I live someone throwed a firecraker from a motorbike (what it's very rare because it wasn't one of the times of the year where they are usually used here). I recalled this thread and wondered if firecrackers are increasing in popularity. I don't recall the last time I saw/heard a firecracker throwed where I live out of the periods where they are usually throwed. Anyway, no one on the street was specifically targetted and I'm sure the aim of who throwed it wasn't to attack anyone but just to have some fun.

In cases like the one related by @Albertagirl is very difficult to know whether it was just someone having some fun or it was someone consciously attacking another person (a pilgrim in that case). OTOH, on the case related by @Ralph Keith Redhead is pretty clear they had an aim of attacking him. Cases like the one suffered by @Ralph Keith Redhead are very rare and unlikely. OTOH, cases like the one related by @Albertagirl could happen regardless you are a pilgrim or not (whether the aim is attacking someone or just to have some fun without being fully aware of the risks of it, as I said, is very difficult to know in those cases). Fortunately, the places of Spain where firecrackers are more popular aren't along the more popular camino routes so chances of incidents related with firecrackers' (mis)use are less likely than in those other areas but, of course, they might happen.

I have been through Ponferrada a couple of times now. Nothing happened but I did feel on edge both times as especially the younger generation don't appear all that welcoming to pilgrims. Ponferrada has a huge issue with spray painted 'tagging' everywhere, much worse than any other town or city I have traveled through in Spain.
Spain has 30% or higher unemployment among the youth so anyone on a Pilgrimage is deemed 'rich' in their eyes. So I think there is some resentment because of this towards pilgrims.
On the other hand, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the 50+ older Spaniards as they understand and welcome pilgrims as we are the only reason in some cases many of the villages exist today.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
we are the only reason in some cases many of the villages exist today.

It seems there are some pilgrims that think like you. I think reality is different. There are tons of villages in Spain out of any camino de Santiago route that exist and have been existing for a long time. The same would happen with most (if not all) villages along the Camino Francés if there wasn't pilgrims. They wouldn't be as lively as they currently are and they would/could lost part of the population that lives from pilgrims but they wouldn't disappear.

@castillian Think about Foncebadon f.e. before pilgrims numbers took of there was close to nothing in the village - and now? Or O Cebreiro or Tosantos or ...
There are plenty of examples how nearly deserted villages got a new lease on life because of increased pilgrim numbers and especially when they had their first albergue opened.
Buen Camino, SY

@castillian Think about Foncebadon f.e. before pilgrims numbers took of there was close to nothing in the village - and now? Or O Cebreiro or Tosantos or ...
There are plenty of examples how nearly deserted villages got a new lease on life because of increased pilgrim numbers and especially when they had their first albergue opened.
Buen Camino, SY

According to Wikipedia (and eeeeverything there is true!) :O)

"Foncebadón ... estuvo abandonado hasta el resurgir de la peregrinación a Santiago en la última década del siglo XX."

/BP

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think Castillian has a point that many pilgrims have a firm belief that all of the villages along the CF would disappear if not for the Camino.
There is no doubt that many are envigored and much more prosperous than without the camino...but to say they would not exist without the camino is a bit of an overreach.
He makes the point that there are many similar villages that the Camino does not pass through that manage to stay active without any pilgrim business.
It is a valid point.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Yes, pilgrims make villages more lively, give employment opportunities, provide money to the local economy, have given some villages a different outlook than the one they had when there wasn't barely pilgrims et cetera. But to deduce from it all that many villages wouldn't exist anymore if it wasn't for the pilgrims is, IMHO, a too big leap.

As I said above, if there wasn't pilgrims, villages along the route would be less lively and they would/could lost part of the population that lives from pilgrims but most, if not all, of the villages along the route wouldn't disappear.

You don't have to go too far away to check it. The Dragonte variant sees very few pilgrims so villages along the route don't live from the pilgrims. All the villages along the route, albeit small, are still inhabitated. The vibe there is quite different to the one on the villages along the main Camino Francés route (Did I say that pilgrims make villages more lively...?) but the villages still exist and remain inhabited.

If the main Camino Francés route passed through those villages (the ones on the Dragonte variant), they would be more lively, it would be more services on the villages and pilgrim traffic would/could become the main source of income to those villages what could lead some pilgrims to think the villages wouldn't exist anymore if it wasn't for the pilgrims while reality is different.

Of course, it could be the odd/isolated case of a village (or villages) along the Camino Francés that would become uninhabited if there wasn't pilgrims but IMHO it would be just isolated cases; i.e.: not the norm. Most of the villages would keep some population (even) if there wasn't pilgrims.

According to Wikipedia (and eeeeverything there is true!) :O)

"Foncebadón ... estuvo abandonado hasta el resurgir de la peregrinación a Santiago en la última década del siglo XX."

As far as I know, FoncebadĂłn wasn't completely abandoned. A woman and her son lived for decades (since the mid 70's?) alone in the village till the pilgrimage to Santiago resurfaced and the village got more lively. The popularity of the camino gave a huge change to FoncebadĂłn though. If it wasn't for the camino, FoncebadĂłn would likely be uninhabited once its two inhabitants died although you never know for sure. Nearby Matavenero, out of the camino, (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matavenero) was uninhabited till a hippy commune arrived in the late 80's and today it has more inhabitants than FoncebadĂłn...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Read my statement carefully - I have not labelled the entire city as 'hostile and aggressive!' IMHO this is a gross overstatement! I am pleased you had a rewarding experience in the city. Mine was quite the opposite and I felt others should know, just to take care.
Thanks for the heads up. My 22 year-old daughter and I will be walking the Camino for our first time, and would really like it to be a pleasant experience. Since proprietors of businesses and local police in the area don't seem to want us there, I think we'll avoid the town altogether and spend money elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads up. My 22 year-old daughter and I will be walking the Camino for our first time, and would really like it to be a pleasant experience. Since proprietors of businesses and local police in the area don't seem to want us there, I think we'll avoid the town altogether and spend money elsewhere.

Hi @nbyrne611, I hope that you and your daughter have many pleasant experiences on the Camino. However, I really don't think that you need to avoid Ponferrada (or anywhere else for that matter).

IMO it's quite an overstatement to suggest that 'proprietors of businesses and local police in the area don't seem to want us there'. This certainly wasn't my experience in this city.

Buen Camino.

... Since proprietors of businesses and local police in the area don't seem to want us there, I think we'll avoid the town altogether and spend money elsewhere.

Please don't generalise! Ponferrada is a big town and the majority of people there are pilgrim-friendly. Buen Camino, SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Since proprietors of businesses and local police in the area don't seem to want us there

You are free to draw whatever conclusion you want but if that out of reality conclusion (even the post that opened this thread doesn't support your conclusion) is the one you drew, I would suggest to stay at home because isolated incidents may happen to anyone anywhere worldwide. There's just a little problem: they can happen at home too... so we aren't free of the risk of having incidents.

OTOH, we are free to take whatever approach we want in the case of an incident happening. For example, my luggage can be lost at an airport and I can see it as stuff that happens (not discouraging me to fly again with the same airline to the same airport) or I can see as a (personal) attack towards me (or towards a bigger group like people from my home town or people from my nationality or...) and draw the conclusion that neither the airline nor the airport nor the town where the airport is located wants me(or us) as a traveler(or as travelers) so I won't travel with that airline anymore and I won't fly either to that airport anymore and I won't travel anymore to the town/city where the airport is located. Same fact, different free choice approach to it. Pick yours!

Everyone is entitled to express thier personal opinion on the forum...as long as it does not violate forum rules.

Attacking the opinions of others DOES violate the rules.

Please express your opinion on the Original Topic....and not on the posts of others.

Thanks for keeping the thread open.

(edited to clarify)

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Grayland
Thank you for being a good moderator.

Ralph Keith redhead
Thank you for sharing the info, seems fire crackers are universally used in many cultures in rude ways I have witnessed it in my country as well. It also seems the folks doing it pick on the folks that they consider less of a threat. I hope we can all agree the vast majority of days walking is simply wonderful. I am starting to think if I were to walk the same distance across the U.S. How many would be as blissfull....

An incident such as this would potentially put anyone off a place although I think it's important to remember that 'incedents' can happen anywhere while travelling (and not). Luckily the statistics for such are very low on the Camino considering the 1000s of pilgrims passing through these cities and towns each day.

While it is right to warm others, it's also important to consider the implications to those who welcome and look after pilgrims day after day, year after year, in these cities. The act of some idiot shouldn't be a reason for any

A firecracker, as described by the OP, sounds as though it could be dangerous. There are however some children's 'peas' in a small pot which crack when thrown on the ground. Quite popular and harmless fun. We watched children amusing themselves with them and they make a noise like the old 'cap' guns which those of a certain age might remember.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In what town or city in the world might you not have an unpleasant experience with some kind of local jerk involved? Certainly it could happen in my town. I had very few bad experiences with local Spanish people along the Camino Frances. In some cases they didn't seem interested in me at all, and that gave me the chance to see real life as it is in Spain. I like not being pandered to as a tourist. Earlier today, I was reminiscing about the wonderful locals and hospitaleros I met along the Camino Frances that created such memorable experiences for me.. in Zabaldika, Ages, Castrojerez, Lorca (shout out to Jose Ramon who runs the albergue there, in the town where his family has lived forever), Calzadilla de la Cueza, Fisterra, Muxia and many others. Not saying it isn't valuable to alert others about bad spots, but I hope it doesn't worry new pilgrims too much.

If it is a recurring problem, and it sounds like it might be, it would be comforting if the authorities would take it seriously. Until the do, passing by on the far side of the street or taking the alternative route (which is shorter) may be the best solution. I hope all your other experiences will be positive. Mine always have been! :)

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back