• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The "caminito Santiago" in Venezuela

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Peregrinos toured El Hatillo (north eat of Caracas) to venerate Santiago Apostol

Children also participated in an act of religious devotion made yesterday

The trail took the vicinity of the church The announcement of Mr de La Boyera at 7: 50 am. The pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago registering to start walking the route.

The religious event organized by the Brotherhood of Santiago Apostle and the Mary Mother of the Redeemer parish, was held yesterday for the third consecutive year.
This year there were seven stations in the municipality of El Hatillo churches and included the involvement of children in what was called "The caminito Santiago", which involved a shorter route and looked where small balloons with words like "Peace," " Joy "," Harmony "," Reconciliation ".
Participants carried a certificate pilgrims' passport which was stamped at each temple after arriving on foot, by bicycle or even a wheelchair.
The route was guarded by the municipal police, an ambulance and land transit officials who gave indications to drivers.

70 volunteers also attended the University of Nueva Esparta who collaborated to meet the pilgrims en route according to the directions of the Brotherhood.
In the church of Santa Rosalia Palermo, in front of the Bolivar Square, the faithful stopped to take a little water, have breakfast, to reach the Santa Ana church in La Lagunita.

Isolda de Salvatierra, president of the Brotherhood, took the initiative to promote this tradition after touring the Camino de Santiago Compostela in Spain, the route of the Apostle.

"We think it would be venerated in this beautiful city which is also called Santiago de Leon de Caracas. We are three years and increasingly people join the devotion" he said.
In the small chapel of El Calvario, participants arrived a bit exhausted after a long walk along the main avenue of La Lagunita.
The only pilgrims who retained the freshness in their faces were those of the elderly, who made the Way on a bus route from the municipal school.
In the church Mary Mother of the Redeemer in Los Naranjos provided a space for children to draw, eat some sweets and soft drinks while their representatives prayed before reaching the mass of pilgrims as was done in the temple de la Rosa Mistica.
"I came because my parents said they were going to visit several churches and I'm not tired. I found sites that had not seen before," said John Paul Solano, while eating sweets.
The Brotherhood hopes to repeat the activity each year and can count on massive assistance and support from the City Hall and local government.

http://economia.eluniversal.com/2008/07 ... 5277.shtml

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back