• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The dreaded socks

Shauna

Time of past OR future Camino
For the last two years I have worn 1000 mile double layer fusion socks for my two caminos. I have suffered with many blister and my feet get so hot very quickly. I do change my socks regularly during the day and have used Vaseline.

This year I am not going to use Vaseline. We are walking from Porto to SDC and so I have been preparing my feet by making sure I have no hard skin which is cracked.

My question is does anyone wear running socks and how do these compare to hiking sock. Surely if someone can run a marathon with no blisters they might be good for walking? I have Merrell women's Capra bolt which are very comfy and lighter weight. I need a boot for support for my ankles.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
saw this from the Chicago Tribune today
It's sandal season and running season, which means blisters are back. But there are ways that your feet and your shoes can get along, even if it's the first day that you're wearing new footwear, says Marlene Reid, podiatric physician and surgeon at the Family Podiatry Center of Naperville, Ill.

• “Prevention is the key when it comes to blisters,” Reid said. Skip the Band-Aids, and put some moleskin pads in y our shoe where the potential irritation will occur. If you put it on your foot, it may slide off the skin.

• Silicone products can be used on the skin to help disperse pressure. These are good to keep on hand for runners, walkers or anyone wearing heels to a party.

• If you're getting blisters regularly from running, then try using paper (surgical) tape, says Doug Richie, a podiatrist with the Seal Beach Podiatry Group in California. Standard 1-inch paper tape should be applied in one smooth layer over the anticipated blister area. A study published in the Clinical Journal in Sport Medicine found that paper tape is the least expensive and most effective option for preventing blisters. It reduced blisters by 40 percent at the end of a 155-mile ultramarathon, the study found.

• Makes sure your feet are always dry, as moisture leads to blisters. Vaseline, mineral oil and other skin lubricants should be avoided.

• Since feet sweat so often, runners should put on a fresh, dry pair of socks right before race time because feet begin sweating early on race day due to nervous anxiety.

• The type of socks you wear is important. Cotton fiber socks should be abandoned in favor of synthetic fiber socks such as Coolmax or polypropylene. In cooler climates, wool fiber socks are sometimes superior because wool absorbs up to 30 percent of its weight in water, keeping your feet dry in almost any conditions.

Thank you this is very useful. I have bought some moleskin for hotspots. In the past I have probably ignored early signs of blisters and then last year made the mistake of using compeed plaster. It started to wrinkle and come off and then when I removed it my blister was much worse.

I am prepared with tape and dressing no to use if I do get a blister bit I do have problems with toes. I often get blisters on the ends of my second toes so shall tape them before setting out.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am not sure about Vaseline. I have used it on both caminos and had blisters. My husband uses it and never gets a blister. As my feet get so hot very quickly I just want to ensure I do everything o can to try to avoid blisters.

It's difficult because at home although my feet get hot on long walks I never get hotspots or blisters, but abroad everything changes.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My question is does anyone wear running socks and how do these compare to hiking sock. Surely if someone can run a marathon with no blisters they might be good for walking? I have Merrell women's Capra bolt which are very comfy and lighter weight. I need a boot for support for my ankles.
If you have had a lot of blisters with the socks you wore, you should try something (anything!) different. I have had good success with socks from the bicycling department, and also just liner socks.

This year I used vaseline faithfully every day.
I only had one blister and that was from walking a very hot 8 k on roadway and was caused by the inner sole pinching, not from rubbing.

And as far as socks go, I've gone to just wearing one pair of merino socks in the cool weather and plain old cotton socks in the heat. No problems.

I am a wool-hater. I like Thorlos socks, which are very similar in feel to a sports sock, but in a boot length. They last a long time and are cool on your feet. I am rigorous about preventing hard skin and putting on blister plasters 'prophylactically', i.e. when I feel a hint of soreness coming. I think a proper foot cream is much better than vaseline, e.g. CCS.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am a wool-hater. I like Thorlos socks, which are very similar in feel to a sports sock, but in a boot length. They last a long time and are cool on your feet. I am rigorous about preventing hard skin and putting on blister plasters 'prophylactically', i.e. when I feel a hint of soreness coming. I think a proper foot cream is much better than vaseline, e.g. CCS.
Hi, is hard skin a no no ?, Hubby has really hard skin on his feet, should we be tackling this and giving baby soft feet before we go

I'm prepping for a Camino in July and have tried several types of socks (Wrightsocks, Thorlos, and Zensah). They all have their highs and lows. Zensah seems to be the best for me. I've tried liners and everything. You really need to buy several brands and thicknesses and see what works for you and your shoe combination. For me, the Vaseline has made a world of difference on my daily 9 to 12 mile walks. It's literally the difference between blisters and no blisters for me.

Dear Karen 2017, Hard skin should be got rid of both before and during the walk. There are some old school hikers who go on about 'hardening up your feet' with stuff like surgical spirit. Absolute rubbish. Deep cracks in hard skin are way more painful than blisters and more difficult to get to heal. Nice and soft is the best basis to start from. I strongly suggest a visit to a good podiatrist before you go, as they can remove even bad hard skin very quickly, safely and effectively. You'll probably get a blister or two at the start, then your feet will settle with daily care using a pumice or file and CCS cream.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I wear nothing but running socks when I run. I never get blisters when I run, and there are definitely similarities between running and long distance walking. The biggest similarity is friction. Friction against your feet between the shoe or sock, or both. Whether you run or walk, if there's friction, there's heat and with it comes a blister.
I wore nothing but thin running socks on all three of my CF's. I got blisters twice. On the outer tips of my little toes. That's it, and they turned to callous anyway.
And I use Vaseline in conjunction with the running socks. Light coat over the entire foot. By the time I reach Santiago my socks are trashed and greasy and in the bin they go.

Thin socks and light shoes for me--but on my first camino I had layer socks and heavier shoes and had terrible blisters between the toes.
I don't use vaseline, but wrap or tape potential hot spots with paper tape every night after my shower and haven't had a blister since. I learned that here:
www.blisterprevention.com.au/
It's a very good source of information and will answer questions about blisters that you never knew you had! :)

Dear Karen 2017, Hard skin should be got rid of both before and during the walk. There are some old school hikers who go on about 'hardening up your feet' with stuff like surgical spirit. Absolute rubbish. Deep cracks in hard skin are way more painful than blisters and more difficult to get to heal. Nice and soft is the best basis to start from. I strongly suggest a visit to a good podiatrist before you go, as they can remove even bad hard skin very quickly, safely and effectively. You'll probably get a blister or two at the start, then your feet will settle with daily care using a pumice or file and CCS cream.
Thanks, sounds like a plan. Cracked heels are aweful.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For the last two years I have worn 1000 mile double layer fusion socks for my two caminos. I have suffered with many blister and my feet get so hot very quickly. I do change my socks regularly during the day and have used Vaseline.

This year I am not going to use Vaseline. We are walking from Porto to SDC and so I have been preparing my feet by making sure I have no hard skin which is cracked.

Having walked two Caminos I would have thought your foot would have hardened (adapted) to long walks by now. It illustrates how challenging it is to keep ones feet dry. I have walked two Caminos without any blisters, wearing lightweight leather boots (no gtx) and synthetic/merino wool socks. I got only a single blister at the back of my heel towards the end of the Camino when water got into my boot during heavy rain.
The culprit in your case could be Vaseline. Blisters are formed when the inner and outer skin layers rub against each other. Although applying Vaseline may initially decreases friction but over time it is dispersed and increases friction unless one frequently reapplies. Vaseline also traps moisture within the skin causing increased skin hydration, thus resulting in increased friction. Hence prone to more blisters.

I am sure some people will swear to you that Vaseline worked for them. As most us have varying skin condition (sweaty, dry, hot, hydrated etc.), what works for some may not work for others. I am afraid you have to review your entire sock/boot system that absorbs moisture, maximizes breath-ability while providing the needed support. Here is a podiatrist guide discussing evidence based strategies for blister management (see chapter 6 on lubricants). Good luck in your training....

Attachments

• THE_BLISTER_GUIDE_v1_3 (2).pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 32
I gave up wearing special socks years ago. I just wear ordinary cheap ones and make sure the boots are a good fit after they are warmed up. I don't get blisters and would only use Vaseline if I had a problem. I carry the Vaseline because some days my nipples can get sore. I have run quite a few marathons using this philosophy and didn't get blisters then - mind you my big toe nails always go black and they drop of a couple of months later

I just walked in my new boots for a couple of months and sorted my socks eventually a lightweight pair of merino wool Brigadale socks were the best for me. I walked SJPP t0 Finnisterre and not a single blister. Nobody else I meet hadn't had a blister of some kind. I didn't use tape or talc etc.
I think it was because most of the day at work I'm on my feet in safety boots. I would say get your feet used to clomping around and find the socks that work for you, and then tape any areas that start to suffer as you progress on the Camino. If you get a rub as your walking or a stone in your shoe sort it out straight away don't wait.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just another question - I have had some orthotics fitted for arch support and they are really comfy, but my feet get a bit warm. Has anyone used thin gel soles on top before?

I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree with Dr Reid regarding the use of Vaseline, unless she is talking strictly about running. I don't know anything about running except that it doesn't compare with walking day after day after day.
Actually, studies have proven Dr. Reid regarding vasoline. See the articles in www.blisterprevention.com.au. Those that have "success" with vasoline do so in spite of their use of it, not because of it.

My first camino 12 years ago was a nightmare caused by blisteres. Since then I've learnt a lot about what suits my feet and now, never get blisters on long distance walks. I was putting on too much stuff on my feet and the boots were getting tighter and tighter, thus causing friction in different places.
I use braisher (now berghaus) boots as I have very wide feet. ??from all the walking!!.
What I have learned is that my feet need plenty of room in the boots and that dampness is sure to cause a blister.
Therefore I wear light socks --- called coolmax that I buy from Trespass sports shops
I change them at least 5 times a day whenever we stop for a cafe.(we stop a lot!!)
At the very beginning of a hotspot I put on tape called Leukoplast but any kindred tape will do. Then I just leave it and forget about it.
Also something that has saved my heels is a pair of pro gel insoles by Dunlop bought from sports direct--- about ÂŁ10 a pair. It's like walking on air and I make sure that I have them when buying a new pair of boots as they are thicker than the boot insoles.
Also we tend to start walking at about 6am in order to beat the heat. We get to our destination and then REST the feet and apart from visiting a tienda, we don't tend to walk around the tarmac of wherever we are.
I also start off with a slightly thicker sock at 6 and when the feet get a bit swollen as they do, I change to the coolmax socks.
So dampness and friction is the friend of the blister IMHO.
What about the husband?? No matter what he wears on his feet, he's never had a blister,so what can I say!!! Some people are just lucky!!
Please let us know how you get on and best wishes Annette

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Yes my husband wears work boots usually during the day for his job, so I think his feet are used to boots. I work in an office so wear heels!
I have just ordered some Hilly running socks to try so will update when I have tried them.

I am prepared with tape and dressing no to use if I do get a blister bit I do have problems with toes. I often get blisters on the ends of my second toes so shall tape them before setting out.[/QUOTE]
I also have problems with the tips of my second toes (& have lost toenails multiple times). Walking CF in June I tried a trick recommended on this forum: silicon toe sleeves. It seemed to help but sleeves would slide around so had to tape in place.
I had read the sports article about using paper tape on hot spots which worked great for me.
Prevention & early intervention were time consuming but worth it for me - zero blisters.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I also have to disagree with: Silicone products can be used on the skin to help disperse pressure. These are good to keep on hand for runners, walkers or anyone wearing heels to a party. Slather it on, put on some St-John's Wart Oil, Bag Balm, Vick's Vapour Rub.

I also have to disagree with: " Vaseline, mineral oil and other skin lubricants should be avoided."

Slather it on, put on some St-John's Wart Oil, Bag Balm, Vick's Vapour Rub, Pro Shield Plus."

In animal husbandry there's a saying: use it or loose it. I would say "use it or blister".

I think its best to put moisturiser on feet before bed. Putting it on under socks in the morning can make your feet slide about more, also they can get sweaty and sticky. I like CCS Foot Care Cream - recommended by my podiatrist and with lots of rave reviews on Boots website. A nice lady gave me some of her Austrian herbal foot balm last time, squeezed into a vitamin pot - so kind. It was gorgeous, does anyone know the name of it?

Last edited:
Actually, studies have proven Dr. Reid regarding vasoline. See the articles in www.blisterprevention.com.au. Those that have "success" with vasoline do so in spite of their use of it, not because of it.

Have you watched these all the way through and the downloads? She is selling blister prevention products. It's hardly unbiased advice. :oops:

But I guess we are all victims of our own experiences to a degree.
We only know what we know and what we have experienced using the gear we had.

So any advice here from members is purely subjective, isn't it?

But the old 'standard' advice has worked for me, so i have no intention of changing. In a 'previous life' I used to get terrible blisters from long 'forced marches' and don't ever want that again. The more 'modern' thinking that seems to work for me is.....

Boots a size too big
2 pairs of socks (a thin 'wicking' inner and thicker outer)
Lots of vaseline
Air the feet frequently during the day. Every couple of hours.
If socks are wet, replace with dry ones.
After airing the feet, REPLACE the Vaseline :)
Any hot spots, fix immediately.

The only variation I use on this, is Sheep's wool for the hot spots. (see link)
I gave away lots and people thought it a wonder product!

As they say........your results may vary.
I gave a full account of foot care here:
http://robscamino.com/foot-care/

Have you watched these all the way through and the downloads? She is selling blister prevention products. It's hardly unbiased advice. :oops:
Yes, I have, in detail. And, I have looked up a number of her referenced studies and saw no signs of bias or skewing. Moreover, she is up front about her limited and very specific interest. And she shows no particular signs of skewing to support her specific products; quite to the contrary, if you really read her advice in detail, most of it relegates her commercial interests to a supporting role only, as opposed to a more primary one, which would be more likely in the case of bias.

And if we're going to apply a hermeneutic of suspicion to her commercial interests, cannot similar be applied to you defending the use of Vaseline because you have previously extolled it on your blog? The suspicion would be bias to your present posts to defend your past posts. (That's in no way meant to be hostile, by the way; it's just that the line of reasoning you used to dismiss the doctor's advice can be used to unravel almost any argument because it hides a fundamental logic flaw.)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am a great believer in the advice of professional podiatrists, and if you feel that this particular one's advice is a bit commercially biased, then I'd suggest you visit your own local registered foot care professional. One 'MOT' visit and the accompanying personalised advice you take away with you can really help prepare your feet for your journey, it's money very well spent. I can recommend one in South London if anyone wants to PM me.

Most doctors in north america participate in promoting the test and widespread use of pharma products. So, doctors are biased therefore we should not listen to them!

Yes, I have, in detail. And, I have looked up a number of her referenced studies and saw no signs of bias or skewing. Moreover, she is up front about her limited and very specific interest. And she shows no particular signs of skewing to support her specific products; quite to the contrary, if you really read her advice in detail, most of it relegates her commercial interests to a supporting role only, as opposed to a more primary one, which would be more likely in the case of bias.

And if we're going to apply a hermeneutic of suspicion to her commercial interests, cannot similar be applied to you defending the use of Vaseline because you have previously extolled it on your blog? The suspicion would be bias to your present posts to defend your past posts. (That's in no way meant to be hostile, by the way; it's just that the line of reasoning you used to dismiss the doctor's advice can be used to unravel almost any argument because it hides a fundamental logic flaw.)

Fair comment, guilty as charged :oops:

I suppose I was put off a bit by the marketing 'formula' that was being used. As a Marketer myself, I was taught the exact same formula. It's very effective.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Warning! Warning! Warning! Personal opinion ahead!!!

I think the number one cause of blisters (and the wildly divergent approaches to preventing them) is that we don't have proper fitting shoes with proper support. We think we do, but we don't.

The first sign of bad fit is the advice to get a size larger. Feet don't elongate so much as swell, which means that a properly fitting shoe has the room to expand. Proper lacing allows you to dial in or out the pressure where you need it and where you don't. And, the shoe shouldn't have a lot of fancy design work on the sides that will interfere with adjusting lacing from the toe box to the throat for independent fitting in each area.

Inserts like Superfeet are good, but custom-fitted, heat molded inserts are better because nothing fits your foot better than something molded from your foot.

With proper lacing to lock the heel in place, the problem of losing toe nails should also be solved. And it solves the problem of water was well.

Water isn't a cause of blisters, it is only a contributor if actual causes are present, which primarily are slippage and rubbing due to lack of good fit. Solve the fit, and you should be able to walk in water all day without worry (or need to constantly change socks).

And, to the point of the OP, once you have proper fit, a single pair of wool (or synthetic, if you prefer something like Coolmax) socks should suffice without need for liners, etc.

I think the number one cause of blisters (and the wildly divergent approaches to preventing them) is that we don't have proper fitting shoes with proper support. We think we do, but we don't.

The first sign of bad fit is the advice to get a size larger. Feet don't elongate so much as swell, which means that a properly fitting shoe has the room to expand. Proper lacing allows you to dial in or out the pressure where you need it and where you don't. And, the shoe shouldn't have a lot of fancy design work on the sides that will interfere with adjusting lacing from the toe box to the throat for independent fitting in each area.

Inserts like Superfeet are good, but custom-fitted, heat molded inserts are better because nothing fits your foot better than something molded from your foot.

With proper lacing to lock the heel in place, the problem of losing toe nails should also be solved. And it solves the problem of water was well.

Water isn't a cause of blisters, it is only a contributor if actual causes are present, which primarily are slippage and rubbing due to lack of good fit. Solve the fit, and you should be able to walk in water all day without worry (or need to constantly change socks).

And, to the point of the OP, once you have proper fit, a single pair of wool (or synthetic, if you prefer something like Coolmax) socks should suffice without need for liners, etc.

I'm sorry. I'm not going to hold my tongue on this issue!

Having conducted endless research on this forum, as well as other sources such as 'expert' Youtube videos.
And...........might I add...trialled my own boot and sock regime over many months of training, I am left with only one conclusion.

You are probably right ;)

I only know what has worked for me and agree entirely with the two of you, koilife and Robo...
After years of blisters with double hiking socks I had that same epiphany as @Shauna mentions in the OP.
I'd run 9 marathons and done a few triathlons and never had blisiters, so why not try the equivalent of the 'thin skins' that I'd always used running? That actually made a huge difference as I no longer got heel blisters.
I still got blisters between the toes--but that's another story and nothing to do with the socks, but because the feet are 25 years older and a funny shape. Paper tape is an easy and cheap solution to that and a total life-saver.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Your feet are probably getting too hot. Wool is good for sheep but not for socks. Try a pair of Sugoi RS Winter Carbon socks. Nothing better for your feet. Also get rid of any soft insoles in your boots and replace them with something harder, ie Three feet/ super feet. Hydration is the first step to preventing blisters so drink plenty of water.

After bad blisters (and having to buy new boots in Ponferrada after mine turned on me) in 2015, I did a lot of reading about footcare in preparation for this year's Camino Ingles. After a whole lot of trial and error, I came up with the following: Bodyglide Skin Glide Anti-friction Balm (it goes on like a cream and dries like a powder), two layers of socks - Injini toe socks with PhD Smartwool over them, and Salomon trail shoes rather than boots. I got one blister, but that was on a very wet day when I mis-stepped and soaked my entire foot. Wrapped the blister (on my big toe, under the callus!) in paper tape, and had absolutely no trouble with it. I highly recommend trying out different regimens while you are training - for me it made all the difference in the world.

For the last two years ... I have suffered with many blister and my feet get so hot very quickly. ... My question is does anyone wear running socks and how do these compare to hiking sock.

Just my two cents worth ...

I have walked the Camino Frances and the Camino del Norte in the last two years, without suffering any hint of blisters, as a consequence of my first Camino's learning experience, with a backpack weight excessively heavy each year, over 30 lbs with water and minimal food

My original socks that I am still wearing are Smartwool: Hike Ultra Light Crew, along with a change in liner socks for the past two years to SmartWool Merino Wool Liner Socks which I have worn without any complaint whatsoever. I will be wearing these same socks for my fourth Camino this year, as I have no need to replace them with new socks.

However, I suggest that my comfort is because of not only my choice of socks and footwear (last year Lowa Renegade Boots - not re-soleable, and this year Lowa Camino hiking boots - soleable) supportive, snug fitting, but not tight, like wearing a comfortable pair of slippers, but because I rubbed into my feet each day after a shower Vicks Vapor Rub ointment. Post Camino, the soles and heels of my feet have felt as smooth as any baby's butt, despite my being too old before my time.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Vicks seems to be quite popular, so I will give it a go. Just got some hilly socks and wore them today, although only for a short walk but they felt comfortable and feet did not burn on bottoms.

I use bridgedale medium socks and have never had a blister . At the end of the day it's the footwear that counts and what suits one person doesn't always suit another. I personally like the Scarpa Terra, a soft leather boot, very light with some ankle support but not too restrictive., A pair of sandals to allow your feet to dry out and breathe in the evening.
If you feel a hot spot stop immediately put on a strip of oxide tape, this should help avoid blisters
I have never had a problem with Vaseline and use it in most of my long distance walks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
In addition to well broken in and proper fitting shoes (I buy 1/2 size larger than my regular shoes), the socks need to fit well too. I use only one pair of Darn Tough hiking socks, size small, that fit my feet perfectly. Nothing extra. No bunching, no seams...like a nice hug for my foot. ;)

And of course everyone is different and trial and error is always good. I'm in the "no goop" camp and never use Vaseline on my feet and almost never get blisters. I do use paper tape if I get a hot spot and on the rare occasion a blister starts, Bandaid blister pads (not regular bandaids although they look similar) work wonders. I also find that after the first week or so my feet seem to settle in with fewer issues.

It's amazing how much conversation on the Camino is about our feet. Our "wheels" have such a variety of symptoms and cause us so much grief but in the end get us where we need to go. :)

Here is my sure fire way to avoid ALL blisters.

1. Boots 1 size bigger than normal shoe size

2. Wear boits in well

3. Apply Glide to feet every day

4. Make sure tie nails short

5. Wear thin Bridgedale liner socks

6. Smart wool over socks

7 Take boots of during lunch breaks

If yiu follow this I guranteee ni blisters

Might as well add my 2 cents, since there will be no agreement. I like to wear running socks (the high tech kind that have a left foot and a right foot) for running, hiking and biking. I also adjust shoes/boots after wearing them a while to make sure no pressure spots. I further change my socks at lunch when hiking or biking and "air my feet" for a few minutes. I really recommend changing socks at lunch. But most importantly, I lace my shoes/boots so that they fit my feet and when hiking I will make adjustments prior to going down steep hills to the lacing.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

And check where to seams are on the socks. I like bamboo socks. So soft yet strong.

But I guess we are all victims of our own experiences to a degree.
We only know what we know and what we have experienced using the gear we had.

So any advice here from members is purely subjective, isn't it?

But the old 'standard' advice has worked for me, so i have no intention of changing. In a 'previous life' I used to get terrible blisters from long 'forced marches' and don't ever want that again. The more 'modern' thinking that seems to work for me is.....

Boots a size too big
2 pairs of socks (a thin 'wicking' inner and thicker outer)
Lots of vaseline
Air the feet frequently during the day. Every couple of hours.
If socks are wet, replace with dry ones.
After airing the feet, REPLACE the Vaseline :)
Any hot spots, fix immediately.

The only variation I use on this, is Sheep's wool for the hot spots. (see link)
I gave away lots and people thought it a wonder product!

As they say........your results may vary.
I gave a full account of foot care here:
http://robscamino.com/foot-care/

This is my foot routine exactly. I walked 3,500km in one go last year and got two blisters. One at the beginning due to expensive boot insoles that didn't work for me. And one months later when I failed to air my feet out and change socks regularly (I was in a rush and didn't take my own advise).

Davey

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.