• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Time to Get to Orisson and other ?

LVDWD

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to arrive in SJPP at 2 pm and then immediately set off for Orisson after getting my credencial and collecting pre ordered poles.

A couple of ?'s that other could possibly answer

How long will it take to get a credencial at the Pilgrims Office in SJPP-is there usually a line? I see that it opens after lunch at 1:30pm.

If I get one from Ivar do I need to get it stamped in SJPP at the Pilgrims office?

Would allowing 3.5 hours for getting to Orisson be sufficient-1 hour for the credencial and poles and 2.5 hours for the climb to Orisson with and ETA of 5:30.

Thanks for any help.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Plan to arrive in SJPP at 2 pm and then immediately set off for Orisson after getting my credencial and collecting pre ordered poles.

How long will it take to get a credencial at the Pilgrims Office in SJPP-is there usually a line? I see that it opens after lunch at 1:30pm.

If I get one from Ivar do I need to get it stamped in SJPP at the Pilgrims office?

Would allowing 3.5 hours for getting to Orisson be sufficient-1 hour for the credencial and poles and 2.5 hours for the climb to Orisson with and ETA of 5:30.

Thanks for any help.
Hi, I got my credencial stamped at the end of the day. It would be nice to get your credential stamped in Sjpdp but you don’t have to. I dont know how fit you are, 2,5 hours will be o.k. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

As you are starting in St Jean it would be nice to get your first stamp there plus you will be added to this years statistics. There is usually a small line but it doesn't take that long. Two and a half to three hours to Orrison depending on how fast or slow you walk but if you have already booked this will not matter so much. Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for any help.
Hey. The Camino is no competition trail!
SJPdP is a nice place. Why not stay there over the afternoon and enjoy the lovely atmosphere there? And not rush like a runner up to Orisson?
Mind you: Orisson is only 5km from SJPdP but the way up there is steep like climbing up a dyke!
Ceep calm and enjoy your Camino!
Jochen

Last edited:
Just remember that you must arrive at Orisson by 6:30 or they might give your spot to another pilgrim (see the confirmation email). Call them from SJPP before you set out.

Thanks for any help.
It seems like all these deadlines might put more angst into your travel? Is there a reason for the rush? For me, I wouldn't take that first climb too lightly. And as one post pointed out, the albergue in Orisson will give away your room if you don't arrive in time. I do wish you safe and Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Thanks for any help.

LVDWD:

I would suggest you get your Credential stamped at the Pilgrim office. You then become part of some official statistics. That said, you could get your passport stamped in some other SJPdP location. The walk to Orisson is steep but only 8 km's. The six o'clock check in should not be a problem but the suggestion to call is probably a good one.

I think your planned itinerary is a good one.

Ultreya,
Joe

Never had to wait in line either time I went to the pilgrim's office in SJPdP and those times were during the summer. Only took about 15 minutes to get the credentials and get them stamped, and cost 2 euros.
It will only take you about 3 hours to reach Orisson.

Thanks for any help.

I have plans to do the same at the end of august. I hope to arrive to SJPP by bus from Pamplona and stamp my credencial in the Pilgrims Office to reach Orisson before the 18:30. I hope this a very relaxed plan to walk my first day of Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back