Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Tipi on the Route Napoleon

Anyone have any further information on this? Was it just for last year or only during the summer? I've never heard of it, until Sil mentioned it in a post to me & I thought she was talking about the stone shelter that's been there for eons. :lol:

Any information would be great. It's not in the CSJ. If it's still open at the beginning of September, I might stay there. :)

Kelly

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Annie, there are two routes from St Jean to Roncesvalles - the Road Route, also called the Val Carlos route that follows the road all the way to Roncesvalles, and the Route Napoleon which branches off the road and goes across country to Roncesvalles.

There is another Teepee on the camino - it belongs to Marcel who has the Albergue Vegetariano in La Faba. You can see it in the field opposite the albergue. We picked leeks and onions for the evening meal and helped an Austrian woman cook dinner. (I don't know if anyone sleeps in the Teepee.)

Attachments

• La Faba Teepee.jpg
    La Faba Teepee.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,153
Year of past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Ahhh... well then!
I did walk on the Route Napoleon!
I had no idea! ::laughing::

By the way, I lived in a tipi for a while, an 18 foot one, and if you're adventurous, it's one of the best nights' sleep you'll get. Warm, dry, and you can see the stars through the smokehole!

Mike_Vander

Wow - Talking about something that you would not expect to find trekking around the Camino. I stayed in a Tipi at one of the State Parks along the Oregon/Idaho border. It's a nice place to be when it's cold and snowing.

Mike

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads