• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trains & bag ship/storage

Darlene13

Time of past OR future Camino
June 14, 2018
Hello.. my name is Dar and i am planning on walking the camino on June 14, from leon to santiago..... my two sisters and I are flying into Madrid and then taking the train from there to Leon, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to get from the Madrid Airport, MAD, to Leon.... I have googled trains, but there seems to be a lot of commenting on the forum about how to go about this... any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Also, we are going to italy July 1st and I have a bag I would like to ship to Santiago, to pick up June 30.... is this possible?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Your train ticket to LeĂłn includes the shuttle train from the airport to either train station. Allow about forty-five minutes after luggage pick up to catch a train. There is luggage storage at the train station if you are returning home that way.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Trains from Madrid to Leon leave from both Chamartin and Atocha stations. You can book directly on the Renfe site from Madrid (Barajas) airport to Leon - but I often find it difficult to navigate the site. I find Trainline much easier to use and, as it says, no booking fees and no hidden costs. Alternatively you can book directly on Renfe when you get to Madrid airport - through one of the machines.

Getting to the relevant train station from Madrid airport is easy - the Cercanias train goes directly from T4 to Chamartin and Atocha. Alternatively you can get the airport bus to Atocha.

Gosh thanks so much everyone, such helpful info.... i am getting so excited the closer it gets and the more organized I get.... blessings.....xo

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back