• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Limits for daily transfer with a 20kgs bag on the Camino journey?

padmarbuc

Time of past OR future Camino
30th August to 6th September 2024
Hi there,
Excited to be starting our Camino journey tomorrow...
I have one 20kgs bag for daily transfer...are there limits?

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You could buy a second bag and ship two bags that would meet the weight limit each day.
Ryanair charge was 30 euros each way for a 10kgs bag and 31 euros for a 20 kgs bag... my wife and I sharing a 20kgs bag!!
If I buy a new bag my saving gone but not the end of the world...a first world problem!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What in the world could you possibly need on a daily basis that weighs 20kgs!?!? Even for two people, that’s a massive amount of “stuff” you’re hauling with you!
A number of things spring to mind, medications, CPAC or other medical equipment, for example.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A number of things spring to mind, medications, CPAC or other medical equipment, for example.
Or Camino walking for 5 days from SJPP to Estella, as described, and then going elsewhere. 10 kg per person isn’t much.

I’m on a 5 day trip and my suitcase for myself alone weighs more than 10 kg. Hundreds of days of backpack carrying and weight minimising and double use of items … and I learnt nothing for my daily life. Because: “I might use it” and “It might be good to have” continue to be my mottos.

@padmarbuc, did you study the posts on weight reduction in the backpack threads? The Camino teaches you how to live with less, it is said. Thanks to this forum, you can take a few lessons already before you leave for SJPP :).

Buen Camino!

Last edited:
I’m on a 5 day trip and my suitcase for myself alone weighs more than 10 kg. Hundreds of days of backpack carrying and weight minimising and double use of items … and I learnt nothing for my daily life. Because: “I might use it” and “It might be good to have” continue to be my mottos.
I typically take more than that for a weekend in London ..... but joyfully manage with 6 or 7kg on a Camino ☺️

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.