Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Transportation to begin in Vilar de Barrio

3peregrinos

Can anyone tell me how we can get to Vilar de Barrio to begin our walk? I know this sounds like a strange request. We walked from Ourense to Santiago in 2005 and want to add a couple more days with the hope of someday being able to accomplish the 1000kms. Time is always an issue. Thanks in advance!!

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

frescotours

Time of past OR future Camino
First one Frances 1999 (from Burgos), since then...over 100 in Galicia, Portugal, Basque....
According to Vilar do Barrio's town hall, you can arrive via train or bus.

TRAIN: http://www.renfe.es
You'll need the Puebla de Sanabria - Ourense line (#12940)
I've attached a pdf of that schedule.

BUS: http://www.anpian.com/
There are several lines that work, but coming from Orense is probably your best bet.
Click on the TAB "V. Barrio" on the attached excel sheet.

Hope this helps - good luck and buen camino!

Saludos from Spain,

Attachments

• Renfe.pdf
    70.7 KB · Views: 96
  • anpian.xls
    123 KB · Views: 84

Most read last week in this forum

Well I made it to Day 9 and am having a rest day in Zafra at the lovely Albergue de Zafra (Vincent Van Gogh). They are happy to give you a second night here which was a real blessing. From...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides