• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trouser recommendation seen in action on Primitivo, just acquired for self

Perambulating Griffin

Time of past OR future Camino
I was on a shoulder season camino again this past fall and while on the Primitivo I met a woman walking in Fjallraven KEB trousers.
I was immediately intrigued because of the vents on the thighs and calves. But there's more to them than that. the cuffs have a hook in them and a little belt to tighten them so that they can function as built-in gaiters. The knees have places for knee-pads (I don't see need that on camino, but on some of my other hikes, yes). The pockets secure tightly and easily. The fabric is waterproofed with wax (and lasts about 5-6 washes; then one re-waxes). There are mesh pockets inside the cargo pockets...
the whole thing is a remarkable system that can take you right into snow, can also handle rain, and can be vented for warm days in the fall or spring without needing more options in your pack.
At 500g or more, they are not light, but getting rid of (in my case, a pair of zip-offs and a pair of running tights, leaving only a need for a merino capri underneath for cold mornings), I think the weight will be worth it. They look pretty nice on, and should last for years and years and years.
Looking forward to taking mine on several long hikes here through winter and into spring...
Thought people might be interested. There's a men's cut and a women's cut.
They are not cheap, but I'd put them in line with the durability of a good pack... similarly priced.
Just thought some might be interested.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Fjallraven is absolutely outstanding kit. Their Berents and Akiso pants/shirts are incredibly durable. A friend has had a couple pairs for over 10 years and they’re still going.
Hoping for same. I was warned by the young woman I met who was wearing them, "they are not cheap, but the materials and the manufacturing practices are exceptional," and she was an environmental scientist who tried to be extremely judicious in her preparations, mode of travel etc.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For our first camino frances, my wife and I had lightweight shorts and zip off pants. They were fine. However, we then discovered the Fjallraven brand. For our next three caminos, we both wore Fjallraven Abisko shorts and Abisko pants. Yes, a bit expensive, but outstanding comfort and functionality for hiking the camino. I can't imagine hiking a camino without the shorts and pants! Bob

Abisko comes in a zip off option
For our first camino frances, my wife and I had lightweight shorts and zip off pants. They were fine. However, we then discovered the Fjallraven brand. For our next three caminos, we both wore Fjallraven Abisko shorts and Abisko pants. Yes, a bit expensive, but outstanding comfort and functionality for hiking the camino. I can't imagine hiking a camino without the shorts and pants! Bob
abisko comes in a zip off option as well right?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Nice pants but out of my budget range.
I've been looking at pants from a company called Revolution Race. They have quite the selection of outdoor clothing. Anybody had any experience with their products?

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.