• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Washing merino clothes!

SarahP

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan 2017
Hi all

So I'm sorry if this question is a little basic. I'm just scared of ruining all my clothes I have bought. In particular merino tops (Icebreaker). Does anyone have any advice about the best way to wash them? Can they be placed in a normal washing machine or do they require special care? And how then does this work when on the camino itself.....

Thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It would seem there are different qualities of 100% merino. My t-shirts, which I considered very expensive at half-price can be washed at 40 or 50 degrees and thrown in the tumble drier with no ill- effects. Whereas a standard 100 % merino cardigan felts and shrinks to a tiny size on a 30 degree wash. I guess you must follow the instructions on the label and hope for the best. But it is my experience that merino clothes intended for sports or hiking activities are really hard-wearing and reliable, though I don't have experience of Icebreaker.

I just struggled with this in January/February. I have Icebreaker T-shirt and Icebreaker Rugby type shirt. (Heavier, collar, and half zip) and a Sydney Wrap
You was in cool/cold water and hang to dry.

But as I only had 1 set, and I was backpacking, it was sometime not dry when I went to leave, but if I put it on anyway it was dry in under an hour, and not uncomfortable while wet.
I am usually bothered by wet clothes, but this method worked so well, I have taken to drying the Icebreaker on my body even if it has just come out of the washer.

I loved the pieces, but I do wish they could be thrown in the drier. I don't know why they can't, I asked Icebreaker, but didn't get an answer.

Kathy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I did throw my icebreaker tops in the dryer after a bedbug exposure. One was 100% merino wool, the otherbwasb"tech- lite" (wool
Blend). Both came out fine and I plan to wear them again this year. Sometimes it is necessary to put them in the dryer if there are bedbugs I. The albergue. One other thing, icebreaker is expensive but I got mine on sale and after wearing the same 2 tops every day on the Camino (44 days) and also hiking near home they are as good as new- so worth the money.

Last edited:
The good thing about Merino clothes is that you can get away with not washing them every day. Just hang them outside on the clothes line into fresh air (like as if you washed them), and it will be okay for another day... Merino does not get smelly easily.

Personally, while on the way, I prefer to wash wool clothes by hand, in luke warm water (with a bit of shampoo or soap). Then back at home, maybe put it in the washing machine on low temperature and add some lanolin (dissolved with a drop of shampoo).

Also as someone else said before, if your wool stuff is not completely dry the next day, it will dry on your body while walking. But honestly, you could just wait with washing until the next sunny warm day or an albergue with good heating, it will dry nicely then.

Washing machine and tumble dryer – depends. Some wool fabrics do tolerate it (on low temperature), some don't. In general, wool prefers to be treated gently. Hand wash is not as much effort as it might seem (and it's free... using the albergue's washing machines on the other hand is quite expensive).

Buen Camino!

I love icebreaker. I think you can purchase special wash for them, but I have just used regular detergent at home, and a bar of shampoo on camino. I do try not to put them in driers, but I have several times to no Ill effects. They hold up well.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I mostly hand washed and line dried my homemade merino dresses, along with my store bought merino cardigan and leggings, bit also machine washed and dried on hot a few times after a bedbug scare. Everything came out fine.
I also washed my silk liner and down blanket in the same load.

Hi all

So I'm sorry if this question is a little basic. I'm just scared of ruining all my clothes I have bought. In particular merino tops (Icebreaker). Does anyone have any advice about the best way to wash them? Can they be placed in a normal washing machine or do they require special care? And how then does this work when on the camino itself.....

Thanks

Hi, Sarah!

In 2009 when I was planning my first Camino, I read about merino wool here on the forum as a new member, and decided to take a chance and buy a couple of Icebreaker shirts to try (I happened to visit Toronto and was able to get a great deal at a factory outlet shop there). I loved them right away and took Icebreaker shirts and leggings with me on that first Camino in 2010. I've since had almost all merino wool clothing (including socks) with me on my five Camino walks at different times of year.

I hand wash my merino clothing on the Camino (except for two or maybe three times along the way when I choose to use a washing machine -- I am wary of any machine that won't wash on delicate, and at home I use the delicate cycle on my machine; and I never put them in a dryer). I use either Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Unscented liquid soap, or Ecover liquid dish soap. And I hang them to dry. This was tricky the first two times I walked, in September-October, as the air was damp most days and there was less heat from the sun, and we had frost by the end. Sometimes I ended up wearing the shirt I'd washed the next morning, putting it on damp and letting my body heat dry it the rest of the way. Or there were days I decided not to wash my shirt at the end of the day and just keep it on for the next day (merino is fabulous in that it doesn't need to be washed daily and it doesn't retain body odor -- most of the time it airs out beautifully in next to no time ;)). You will likely find that you smell a bit like a wet sheep if you wear it before it's completely dry (or if you wear it in a rainstorm for example). :D

The other three times I've walked were in June, July, and August and there was no trouble getting the clothes dry in the hot summer sun.

An annoying thing about merino is that depending on what weight you buy, it can develop teeny tiny pinholes quite easily. The 150 weight shirts are classic for this, especially if anything you're wearing, like backpack straps, rub it constantly. The sleeves of my shirts have developed holes in the upper arm, on the underside, where the backpack strap rubs. It's more a cosmetic flaw, but the holes can stretch and spread over time. I carry a needle (in my foot care kit) and in addition to white thread for that, I bring a small amount of thread the same colour as my shirts so I can mend tiny holes as they appear. The 200-weight-and-up fabric is more robust in general.

About two years ago I decided to branch out and give Smartwool brand a try. I'd read that it wasn't as durable as Icebreaker, and that may be the case for some pieces, but I now have a few Smartwool shirts I love, and I live in them daily pretty much year round now. As for my original Icebreaker clothing from 2009 and 2010, I have two shirts left. They've lasted a good long while! And I still have my leggings from 2011, though one pair has some holes from brambles on top of the hill by the lighthouse in Fisterra. Beautiful memories!

Buen Ca-merino! ;)

Rachel

P.S. Somewhere, sometime, I read not to mix wool and baking soda (it does something to harm the fabric apparently) so I never use it in a wash cycle with merino clothing.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In My Icebreaker period, I have bought a lot of everything basicly and everything goes into a quick wash, like the "express" program of 30-40 dgr C and quick spin that will allow it to dry fast. Use normal detergent as fibres are treated! maybe shampoo can be used on travel !??
Never mis-washed an item, nice range, but it wears too quicly for me !!
But as some of my best items ( 150 version) got ripped, due to rucksack wear and home cats (!), I have changed to Helly Hansen "Warm" and "Dry" prime layers shirts that has an even propylene/ merino mix, and these will dry really quick, - - still on a short, low degree wash. On trips this is really handy..
New briefs that I now buy is Swedish Woolpower Lite with extra synthetic fibres so as not to wear out too soon.
Secondary layers, I use Woolpower Fleece, both Lite and Wool Fleece will wash at a staggering 60 dgr Centigrade with no damage, military specs.

Last edited:
In My Icebreaker period, I have bought a lot of everything basicly and everything goes into a quick wash, like the "express" program of 30-40 dgr C and quick spin that will allow it to dry fast. Use normal detergent as fibres are treated! maybe shampoo can be used on travel !??
Never mis-washed an item, nice range, but it wears too quicly for me !!
But as some of my best items ( 150 version) got ripped, due to rucksack wear and home cats (!), I have changed to Helly Hansen "Warm" and "Dry" prime layers shirts that has an even propylene/ merino mix, and these will dry really quick, - - still on a short, low degree wash. On trips this is really handy..
New briefs that I now buy is Swedish Woolpower Lite with extra synthetic fibres so as not to wear out too soon.
Secondary layers, I use Woolpower Fleece, both Lite and Wool Fleece will wash at a staggering 60 dgr Centigrade with no damage, military specs.

I second the high quality of Woolpower and the fact they can be washed at 60 degrees and can go into the tumbledry.

I too have successfully put Icebreaker merino wool items in the 'express' cycle of washers here in the states, and in washing machines on the Camino. I usually try to rescue them from going in the dryer, but they've survived those a few times too.

I do not use special detergents either. Plus I do usually wear them at least twice before washing them, unless I get really, really dirty/sweaty.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I used to destroy woolies until I learned how felt was made: hot water and friction.
Q: have you also tried the newr treated wool versions, here the fibres have been treated and have lost some of the Keratine scales that make woolt felting???

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Q: have you also tried the newr treated wool versions, here the fibres have been treated and have lost some of the Keratine scales that make woolt felting???
What I mean is that the way to deal with woolies is coolest water, least possible rubbing and wringing. Therefore you need a very rinsable detergent.

Hey,
Just thought I would say i live in Icebreaker merino all year round here is NZ. Slowly over the years everything I buy has moved over to merino. I take no special care with any of it and lasts for ages. Mostly I use a cold wash, but thats not for my merino, it just that I have shocking water pressure and what ever makes life easier I go with. And if its raining, then everything gets thrown in the dryer. No mater what it is. It has always come out just fine. Don't panic, its robust stuff

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi all

Thanks

Hi all

Thanks
I machine wash my Merlino sweater and socks with darks in cold water. No dryer. Hang them over something and they dry fairly quick.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have lots of woollen socks that I wash in the machine. Where I live gets pretty chilly in winter and woollen socks are a great comfort. I did once buy an expensive Macpac wool blend tee shirt that was uncomfortably hot to wear when walking and pilled badly the first time I machine washed it. Such a shame because I love wool. It is an amazing fibre, naturally wicking, and maintains warmth even when wet.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I learned about Icebreaker on this forum. I have trained in them pretty much every day since they arrived and I'm sold. I machine wash and hang to dry and so far they have turned out perfect. I have 2 long sleeve, 1 tank, 1 half zip, 1 legging, and a MerinoLOFT zip hood jacket. All pieces will accompany me in 2 week on my first Camino! Since I live in Arizona and the cold is not a big issue I was not familiar with clothing that works in cold weather but keeps you fairly cool as the day heats up! So these pieces will get lots of bang for the buck!

Only New Zealand has more sheep than the district I come from .
Merino wool is something I have worn for my entire life , I vividly remember the scratchy jumpers with the too small head hole that my aunt would knit and the beanies we all wore as children to keep the wind from screaming in our ears .
Thank goodness for modern, micro fine spinning techniques . Almost all my bush walking clothing is merino , it only takes a few rules to make it last for ages .

No powder soap [ these tend to lodge in fibres and cause stickiness or worse , dermatitis] eucalyptus wool wash or pure hand soap only , at a pinch shampoo is ok .
Cold or warm water only , repeated hot water washes causes shrinking.
Squeeze after washing , don't ever wring, it is easy to create a shapeless bag from a nicely tailored top .
Line dry and wear wet if not ready , tumble drying might work once or twice but inevitably shrinkage will happen .

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I found a very good Australian soap for hand washing wool--Earth Choice with eucalyptus. I just now washed a merino beanie with it and it did a brilliant job. (I've mostly just used Dr Bronner's, which is good on the Camino because it's multiple use: you can wash everything with it--hair, body, clothes, you name it.)

Yes, to make your own wool wash, mix a bit of Eucalyptus oil into shampoo. Works beautifully.

Far more fine merino production in Australian than in New Zealand - but the New Zealanders seem much better at marketing (e.g. Icebreaker, which is now made in China)

In Australia I buy Hedrena when I can afford it - wonderful stuff. Super fine, very light, easy care. Made from Australian merino and manufactured here. Otherwise Aldi (but watch the quality, some is better than others).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
For those living in Europe the best value merino can be bought online at EDZ direct, UK based, they are way cheaper than Icebreaker and better quality IMO. I have both types and I prefer the EDZ's ones.

For me, Merino t shirts have two great advantages for the Camino - firstly, I walk in May or September and the Icebreaker 150g cool-lite can cope with such a wide range of temperatures (5c-35C) and even at night in addition to my silk liner; secondly, no need to wash at all since I'm typically walking for only 6-12 days

Hi, Sarah!

In 2009 when I was planning my first Camino, I read about merino wool here on the forum as a new member, and decided to take a chance and buy a couple of Icebreaker shirts to try (I happened to visit Toronto and was able to get a great deal at a factory outlet shop there). I loved them right away and took Icebreaker shirts and leggings with me on that first Camino in 2010. I've since had almost all merino wool clothing (including socks) with me on my five Camino walks at different times of year.

I hand wash my merino clothing on the Camino (except for two or maybe three times along the way when I choose to use a washing machine -- I am wary of any machine that won't wash on delicate, and at home I use the delicate cycle on my machine; and I never put them in a dryer). I use either Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Unscented liquid soap, or Ecover liquid dish soap. And I hang them to dry. This was tricky the first two times I walked, in September-October, as the air was damp most days and there was less heat from the sun, and we had frost by the end. Sometimes I ended up wearing the shirt I'd washed the next morning, putting it on damp and letting my body heat dry it the rest of the way. Or there were days I decided not to wash my shirt at the end of the day and just keep it on for the next day (merino is fabulous in that it doesn't need to be washed daily and it doesn't retain body odor -- most of the time it airs out beautifully in next to no time ;)). You will likely find that you smell a bit like a wet sheep if you wear it before it's completely dry (or if you wear it in a rainstorm for example). :D

The other three times I've walked were in June, July, and August and there was no trouble getting the clothes dry in the hot summer sun.

An annoying thing about merino is that depending on what weight you buy, it can develop teeny tiny pinholes quite easily. The 150 weight shirts are classic for this, especially if anything you're wearing, like backpack straps, rub it constantly. The sleeves of my shirts have developed holes in the upper arm, on the underside, where the backpack strap rubs. It's more a cosmetic flaw, but the holes can stretch and spread over time. I carry a needle (in my foot care kit) and in addition to white thread for that, I bring a small amount of thread the same colour as my shirts so I can mend tiny holes as they appear. The 200-weight-and-up fabric is more robust in general.

About two years ago I decided to branch out and give Smartwool brand a try. I'd read that it wasn't as durable as Icebreaker, and that may be the case for some pieces, but I now have a few Smartwool shirts I love, and I live in them daily pretty much year round now. As for my original Icebreaker clothing from 2009 and 2010, I have two shirts left. They've lasted a good long while! And I still have my leggings from 2011, though one pair has some holes from brambles on top of the hill by the lighthouse in Fisterra. Beautiful memories!

Buen Ca-merino! ;)

Rachel

P.S. Somewhere, sometime, I read not to mix wool and baking soda (it does something to harm the fabric apparently) so I never use it in a wash cycle with merino clothing.
Thank you for mentioning those tiny pin holes. I have noticed some of these, but I did not think they were from rubbing. The ones on my shirts just seem to appear, and I wondered if moths were to blame. Are performance merino wool clothese treated for mothproofing?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for mentioning those tiny pin holes. I have noticed some of these, but I did not think they were from rubbing. The ones on my shirts just seem to appear, and I wondered if moths were to blame. Are performance merino wool clothese treated for mothproofing?

I came home from the Camino with my very first trusty 150 Icebreaker Longsleeve Crewe and dubbed it my golf shirt - had 18 holes! - By that time it was one year old and on the walk it was sweated through the whole day, washed and wrung often in a sink, with any detergent whatsoever, cut by the rucksack tackle and so forth....
Still was my best buy ever ......

These can also be caused from using Biological detergent.

Yes, to make your own wool wash, mix a bit of Eucalyptus oil into shampoo. Works beautifully.

Far more fine merino production in Australian than in New Zealand - but the New Zealanders seem much better at marketing (e.g. Icebreaker, which is now made in China)

In Australia I buy Hedrena when I can afford it - wonderful stuff. Super fine, very light, easy care. Made from Australian merino and manufactured here. Otherwise Aldi (but watch the quality, some is better than others).

I love love love Hedrena!

Yes, it is expensive, but you get what you pay for.
I have a Hedrena shirt that a client gifted me that has lasted for 5 years of heavy use.
Any other merino shirt may have needed to be replaced.
This one still looks like new after machine washing, hand washing, hiking, sweating, and wadding it up in my backpack.

I dropped spaghetti on it and it had a big oil spot that didn't come out with washing.
I mixed dishwashing liquid half and half with hydrogen peroxide and put it on the stain with a soft toothbrush, then washed it in warm water.
Voila! Good as new again.

Warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather.

Yeah.. I love my Hedrena shirts!

Thanks for this most interesting information regarding Merino products and the washing thereof.

Sorry if I sound daft, but what is an ICEBREAKER ??? I come from a hot country and I have never encountered this term in clothing.

Mild responses please and excuse my ignorance !!!!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The other thing I didn't mention above is that the Icebreaker people said to wash their pieces with Jeans in the laundry. And an extra rinse cycle. The key, they said, to long lasting Icebreaker is that all the soap is rinsed out completely!

Hey Kanga, not sure whether it is good marketing or just sheer availability. I know there is more merino production in Australia, but it is hard to find merino clothing outside of speciality shops at home. Here in NZ I can walk into any mall and most shops, from the cheep and cheerful Warehouse to designer brands I can always find merino clothing. I was in Tassy in winter a few years ago and had to find a Kathmandu store in Devonport to grab an extra shirt. And Tasmania in winter is not to much different from the South Island

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi all

Thanks
I have Smartwool top and bottoms. I think they have special care suggested, but I often just dump them in the washer with all of the rest. They probably have been through the dryer a time or two also. I would assume that a cold wash and a hang and dry would be plenty safe--a gentle wash if you are concerned. Probably not a good idea to use hot water and dryer, but the care labels should have good instructions. I rarely have had access to a washer or dryer on the Camino (did the Frances before such "luxuries" became "popular"). I usually handwash and line dry while on the trail. My Smartwool goes many days without a wash with no odor and when I wash it, it dries pretty quickly.

I took 2 Icebreaker shirts with me - one long sleeve and one short sleeve. I took advantage of washing machines and dryers vs. hand washing whenever I could. Oftentimes I had was not allowed to run the machines and had to hand over my clothes. I put my merinos (along with my Buff) in one of my stuff sacks - a mesh bag - to separate them. That way I could give instructions not to dry them, and it was easy for them to spot and pull out before sticking in the dryer. By the way moths will get into your merinos. I have several holes in my long sleeved shirt and have had to stick my shirts in a chest with cedar blocks. I'm wondering if those pin holes someone mentioned are caused by moths or weevils. Mesh bags are a great way to combine your wash with a friend and save on the cost.

My wife and I both used icebreaker shirts on a short Camino from Sarria. Firstly I find them far too hot even the lightest weights. In terms of washing we used a scruba. Not good on Marino shirts as they all developed holes... machine washing seems fine though.

Hi all

Thanks

Marino wool don't get smelly so you only need to wash every week ?
Never wash in washing machine and never ever dry in drier. Dry flat. Worked for me on 20 caminos.

I have lots of woollen socks that I wash in the machine. Where I live gets pretty chilly in winter and woollen socks are a great comfort. I did once buy an expensive Macpac wool blend tee shirt that was uncomfortably hot to wear when walking and pilled badly the first time I machine washed it. Such a shame because I love wool. It is an amazing fibre, naturally wicking, and maintains warmth even when wet.
Wash inside out.

Both my husband and I had Icebreaker and Ibex wool t-shirts. We usually washed them in the washing machine and then hung them to dry in the sun (took only a few minutes in June and July in Spain.) We also hand-washed when there was no machine available. The exertion of hiking caused us to perspire a lot and my shirt did not feel clean if I wore it a second day. I did wear out two of the shirts and had to buy a non-merino replacement in Leon, but neither shirt was new when we started. Both of those were Ibex. The Icebreaker was new for the trip and is still quite serviceable. The tiny pin holes developed where my pack buckles connected so it is likely that I was occasionally catching the shirt material when I clipped the buckles getting the pack off/on. When we started, I had a merino hoody, three merino t-shirts, and one set of merino 3/4 leggings in addition to a set of LL Bean hiking pants and an LL Bean hiking skort. I also wore merino socks.

After some encounters with bedbugs I have stopped taking 100% merino (mostly icebreaker) with me because I didn't want it to go in the dryer. Patagonia has a merino blend that can take some heat. And, like all patagonia stuff is very ethically sourced (and also very expensive). They actually closed down their merino line for a couple of years when they learned that their suppliers were not treating the animals well. I think the new suppliers are in Oregon.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi all

Thanks
Don't worry. Especially smart wool. You can wash them in a machine or by hand in cool/cold water and hang dry. They dry in a snap. No worries.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi all

Thanks
I wash my icebreaker smart wool/merino wool body fit basics in a machine when one is available. It dries so fast so when it comes out of the machine you can dry it on a line, lay flat or in the dryer on a low setting. This active wear is very versatile. Hand wash and line dry has been very successful for me in that I may need it the next day. I only use the wool in the winter as icebreaker is very warm. It always dries even in damp weather of snow. The only problem I have had in the past is that the wool is still susceptible to moths and might just have a few moth holes at the end of your camino.

I agree that if you wash in a washing machine where every pilgrims clothes are lumped in, place your items in a mesh bag or just hand wash everything and line or flat dry.

Hope this helps!

I've long heard wool was great in cooler climates, but how does it handle the heat? I tend to "run hot." If I can stay cool wearing wool, I'm ready to ditch stinky synthetics!

(And if anyone has brand recommendations for a...um..."well-rounded" guy living in the US, much thanks )

I've long heard wool was great in cooler climates, but how does it handle the heat? I tend to "run hot." If I can stay cool wearing wool, I'm ready to ditch stinky synthetics!

(And if anyone has brand recommendations for a...um..."well-rounded" guy living in the US, much thanks )
I wore merino wool last year in 95 F heat. I got quite sweaty, but the merino "breathed" well, much better than synthetic. Some brands to look at are [/U].

Hi all

Thanks
Hi there,

Icebreaker garments are fantastic! I would think that though as I am a kiwi! I usually put mine in the machine on a cold was but I reckon a warm wash would be fine. They dry fairly quickly so I would avoid the dryer ifr possible. They don't need to be washed every day as they don't get smelly easily.

Enjoy!

Bev

Hi all

Thanks
I have used Icebreaker for 10 years and still have the same t shirts, washing in all sorts of ways. In Spain you can hang them on the line and they will dry quickly (unless it's raining!). I even bought Icebreaker underwear for my Camino last year which was excellent. Very light and easy to wash, no smells....

I also love IceBreaker, have used it for many, many years. My short zip collar is beginning its 10th year on Camino's & mountains climbed. At home, I wash in a (front loader) machine on wool or silk cycle and I'll put it in a dryer but take out whilst still hot and not completely dry. On a Camino, hand wash is all thats necessary. Yes they will dry on your body without you getting cold if need be. I've also experienced pin holes as noted above and have put it down to backpack straps. I'm happy for the wear they've given me and don't feel at all 'short changed' by this. I would never wear the same T day after day for ... x # days.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.