• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino We're off then!

Rambler

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2008 Camino Frances with Daughter, 2014 Camino Frances with Son
My son and I head to the airport here in Atlanta to begin our Camino adventure together. Plan to be in St Jean tomorrow evening and then start on Monday morning. If anyone else is starting then, look for us! Let's hope the rain let's up and we can enjoy some good weather.

Rambler

A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Rambler-My son and I leave ATL on Tuesday and should be heading out from St Jean on Thurs. I'll be following your posts. Buen Camino!
-Maunderer-

Rambler,
Leave US Tuesday. Arrive in Pamplona Wednesday AM. After visiting cathedral and wandering around walked city will walk to either cizur menor or Zariquiegui and bed down for the night. Will be on the look out for you and your son in the days after. I'm striving for the title of pokiest pilgrim so I figure you will catch me eventually. First cervesa is on me.

Buen camino Rambler and son! Love that you are doing it together! Might try to convince (force) my girls to come with me in a few years. Can't wait to hear about your experience!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
May you and your son have continual blessings in your relationship from this time together.

Yes,Rambler, you are so lucky to be walking with your son. I gave compostelas to a number of parent-child pairs during the first two weeks of May, and every single person had a hard time containing their enthusiasm (and frequently their tears) from their description of the experience. Among the most memorable -- a 90 year old dad and his daughter, walked from Sarria, and a Korean father-son from St. Jean who had been estranged for many (20, 30??) years and decided to give their relationship a go again.

Wishing you a wonderful camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Be careful what you wish for, Rambler. If the rain lets up and it gets too steamy on the way, you might start wishing for a downpour ;) If You & Son don't pay too much attention to the ups and downs of the weather cycle, you'll find that you're just grateful for the daily adventures and togetherness the Camino provides. May you enjoy the way.. buen camino!

Thanks to all for the good wishes. We leave saint jean tomorrow morning and pretty much walked every inch of the town today. I think the weather should hold up and we can cross the mountains with cool temperatures and views. If any of you run into a man and teenage sin from Atlanta, ask if it is Rambler. Here is to safe travels for all on their Caminos now.

Rambler

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

€46,-
Buen Camino Rambler. It's a great thing to do with an adult child, I hope you enjoy. I have wonderful memories of walking the Camino with my daughter - it brought us greater understanding and appreciation of each other. Not that it was plain sailing - we're both strong willed! But I'd love to do it again. Actually walking with the whole family is my dream.

Buen Camino to you and your son, Rambler! I'm happy for you to have this experience together. May this pilgrimage bring you a lasting bond of friendship with your son.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back