A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

What to do with your packs while site seeing ?

sgausepo

Camino(s) past & future
17 May (2013)
Hello all,

We plan to spend a day site seeing in Leon, Burgos and Pamplona but not sure what everyone does with their back packs. Is there anywhere to store your packs until the hotel or alberques open for that day?

Thanks,
Stephen

Yallah

Camino Guidebooks (Village to Village)
Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Finisterre, Portugués, Norte, Primitivo, Inglés
Usually for rest days you will have to book a hotel rather than staying in the albergue on the day you don't walk. Most hotels will let you drop off your luggage earlier than the check in time. Or you could book the same hotel for two nights and just leave your bag in the room.

If you find yourself needing luggage storage, many bus and train station have lockers for a fee. Some museums also offer lockers (I know the Human Evolution Museum in Burgos does).

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
If you go sight seeing when in an albergue just bring all your valuables with you, passport, credit cards, cash etc with you and just leave the pack on or under your bunk. What you leave will only be clothes and bathroom kit and they should be ok. No one ever interfered with my gear while I was out and I had nothing stolen on the Camino, but still be vigilant.
Buen Camino.

S

Sojourner47

Yallah said:
If you find yourself needing luggage storage, many bus and train station have lockers for a fee. Some museums also offer lockers (I know the Human Evolution Museum in Burgos does).
Just for interest, the tourist office at Santo Domingo de la Calzada (where you get your tickets to see the cockerels) has free lockers to stash your pack whilst sightseeing....

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock