• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

WhatsApp

oldman

oldman
Time of past OR future Camino
C/Frances. SJPP - Estella May 2009.
C/frances. SJPP - Santiago April/ May 2013.
C/Finisterre. Santiag - Finisterre - Muxia May 2013.
C/Ingles. Ferrol - Santiago May 2013.
C/Frances. SJPP - Santiago May - June 2015.
C/Finisterre. Santiago - Muxia - Finisrerre - Cee. June 2015.
C/Frances. Logrono - Burgos May 2016.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Tends to be the case with most apps. They eventually are not supported on older devices. Not much still works on my old iPad 1. Can't even give it away... :(

Bad news for WhatsApp users in 2107 check this out if you intend to use their system this year.

http://theliberal.ie/bad-news-for-w...l-top-working-on-millions-of-devices-in-2017/
Lets be clear, it's bad news for users of some very old phones, not WhatsApp users generally. I cannot see any operating system in the list that is now less than six years old - not quite an eternity in electronics terms, but getting close. Another misleading headline good for a bit of scaremongering.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Lets be clear, it's bad news for users of some very old phones, not WhatsApp users generally. I cannot see any operating system in the list that is now less than six years old - not quite an eternity in electronics terms, but getting close. Another misleading headline good for a bit of scaremongering.
It does seem to be a habit of our journalists (in any country) to put a potentially incorrect and often misleading heading across a story, so that it gains the attention (or tries to) of the speed reader , or browser with potentially inflammatory results as the story is recycled through the Media. Always something to look out for. I suspect very few users of WhatsApp actually have such old phones / operating software as in my experience that audience tends to also be the group that upgrade phones every 3-4 years max.

I use it a lot. What I like about it is its simplicity and reliability. Unfortunately, Facebook bought it a while ago. They probably have plans to bloat it out with Facebooky features and advertising. Pity. There's always Signal, or as others have mentioned, Viber.

Lets be clear, it's bad news for users of some very old phones, not WhatsApp users generally. Another misleading headline good for a bit of scaremongering.
Yep, scared me for a minute. I use WhatsApp regularly to keep in touch with family abroad, love sharing videos. I'm using an iPhone 4 so I'll be okay with WhatsApp for a while longer. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.