• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to get the Prolongacion Xacobeo Credencial?

rainswift

Time of past OR future Camino
Jun 2024 - Portuguese Litoral + VE + Finisterre
I'm looking to pick up this beautiful credencial to use for the extension to Fisterra and Muxia. I'm hoping I can find it somewhere in Santiago de Compostela after I arrive. Has anyone recently (say, in the last year) been able to pick one up? If so, where did you find it?

My google-fu only turned up this Spanish blog post about it: https://www.alberguemilpes.com/credencial-del-peregrino-fisterrana-muxiana/

In there, it says this credencial can be picked up at the albergues "The Last Stamp" and "La Salle." The post is from 2017, however, and I was hoping that someone would have up-to-date information on where to find this credencial.

And there is a Facebook post from 2022 from the pilgrim's association in Tenerife saying that they will be able to give out these credencials, but of course I do not want to have to go to Tenerife to pick one up....

Attachments

• Camino_Finisterre_Credential_Passport.jpeg
    Camino_Finisterre_Credential_Passport.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 1,135
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm looking to pick up this beautiful credencial to use for the extension to Fisterra and Muxia. I'm hoping I can find it somewhere in Santiago de Compostela after I arrive. Has anyone recently (say, in the last year) been able to pick one up? If so, where did you find it?

My google-fu only turned up this Spanish blog post about it: https://www.alberguemilpes.com/credencial-del-peregrino-fisterrana-muxiana/

In there, it says this credencial can be picked up at the albergues "The Last Stamp" and "La Salle." The post is from 2017, however, and I was hoping that someone would have up-to-date information on where to find this credencial.

And there is a Facebook post from 2022 from the pilgrim's association in Tenerife saying that they will be able to give out these credencials, but of course I do not want to have to go to Tenerife to pick one up....
I got my prolongation credencial for the Finisterre/Muxia route last July at the Tourist Office in Santiago (my regular credencials had been filled). The cover was as pictured in your photo, but the interior was very different from what your photo shows. There were two places for stamps on each interior page, one above and one below that were accompanied by illustrations of:
- Cathedral in Santiago
- Pontemaceira Vella (Ames - Negreira) [I wasn't able to find a place there open and giving stamps]
- Pazo de Coton (Negreira)
- Igrexa de San Cristovo de Corzon (Mazaricos)
- Olveiroa (Dumbria)
- Igrexa de Santa Maria de Xunqueira (Cee)
- San Marcos de Cadeira (Corcubion)
- Igrexa de San Xian de Maraime (Muxia)
- Igrexa de Santo Estevo (Lires)
- Igrexa de Santa Maria das Areas (Fisterra)

It's the same one in the photos in post linked to above (#6). As you can see from the photos, there is only one side that receives the stamps, so you don't need two (as Rick refers to above) with this one. As a side note, all of the credencials I've used have only collected stamps on one side so framing has never been an issue.

Last edited:
I got my prolongation credencial for the Finisterre/Muxia route last July at the Tourist Office in Santiago (my regular credencials had been filled). The cover was as pictured in your photo, but the interior was very different from what your photo shows. There were two places for stamps on each interior page, one above and one below that were accompanied by illustrations of:
- Cathedral in Santiago
- Pontemaceira Vella (Ames - Negreira) [I wasn't able to find a place there open and giving stamps]
- Pazo de Coton (Negreira)
- Igrexa de San Cristovo de Corzon (Mazaricos)
- Olveiroa (Dumbria)
- Igrexa de Santa Maria de Xunqueira (Cee)
- San Marcos de Cadeira (Corcubion)
- Igrexa de San Xian de Maraime (Muxia)
- Igrexa de Santo Estevo (Lires)
- Igrexa de Santa Maria das Areas (Fisterra)

It's the same one in the photos in post linked to above (#6). As you can see from the photos, there is only one side that receives the stamps, so you don't need two (as Rick refers to above) with this one. As a side note, all of the credencials I've used have only collected stamps on one side so framing has never been an issue.
Appreciate the firsthand knowledge!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As you can see from the photos, there is only one side that receives the stamps, so you don't need two (as Rick refers to above) with this one. As a side note, all of the credencials I've used have only collected stamps on one side so framing has never been an issue.
But many people like to show off the pretty side with maps in the frame along with the stamped side.

The cover was as pictured in your photo, but the interior was very different from what your photo shows.
Fwiw, I had a similar reaction after I had looked at the photos of the special credential for the Camino to Muxia and Finisterre in these two links:
https://www.alberguemilpes.com/credencial-del-peregrino-fisterrana-muxiana

The pages for the stamps of the special credential - very pretty design - did not fit the photo at the start of the thread. Then I had a closer look at the stamps in this photo and understood: the photo shows two different credentials, namely on the left one with stamps from the end of the Camino Francés and the other one on the right with the cover page of the “prolongation” credential.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Fwiw, I had a similar reaction after I had looked at the photos of the special credential for the Camino to Muxia and Finisterre in these two links:
https://www.alberguemilpes.com/credencial-del-peregrino-fisterrana-muxiana

The pages for the stamps of the special credential - very pretty design - did not fit the photo at the start of the thread. Then I had a closer look at the stamps in this photo and understood: the photo shows two different credentials, namely on the left one with stamps from the end of the Camino Francés and the other one on the right with the cover page of the “prolongation” credential.
I thought that might be the case, but wanted to clarify so OP (and anyone else reading the thread) knew what to expect inside.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back