• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Certificate for SDC to Finisterre and Muxia

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Is there a Cert for walking to Finisterre and on to Muxia, if so what do I have to do to get it ? and where in Muxia or Finisterre can I obtain it.
Walking next week 24th August ?.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes there is. The one for Finisterre, the Fisterrana, is available at the tourist office. You can get another one at the tourist office in Muxia, the Muxiana.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes there is. The one for Finisterre, the Fisterrana, is available at the tourist office. You can get another one at the tourist office in Muxia, the Muxiana.
Is that one stamp per stop.

I used the Fisterra passport and got a stamp in each accommodation on the way plus two from churches.. I handed it into the tourist office in the centre of Fisterra and got a certificate. Both the passport and the certificate were free and there was no queue.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You can get your Muxiana at some albergues. I stayed at:
in Muxia and I got my Muxiana at the albergue. Years ago I got the certificate from Finistere at the little police station as you came into town on the camino.

Last edited:
To clarify, the Compostela - in Latin - is conveyed on you by the Cathedral authorities for any recognized Camino that ENDS AT THE TOMB OF THE APOSTLE in Santiago de Compostela.

As others have correctly pointed out, there are any number of certificates given by municipal or tourism authorities to document your arrival at or visit to that place; e.g. Finisterre, or Muxia. But, only the Cathedral Pilgrim Office can issue a Compostela.

Hope this helps.

Tom

To clarify, the Compostela - in Latin - is conveyed on you by the Cathedral authorities for any recognized Camino that ENDS AT THE TOMB OF THE APOSTLE in Santiago de Compostela.

As others have correctly pointed out, there are any number of certificates given by municipal or tourism authorities to document your arrival at or visit to that place; e.g. Finisterre, or Muxia. But, only the Cathedral Pilgrim Office can issue a Compostela.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Thanks Tom I already have three Compostela never did Finisterre/Muxia.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Is that one stamp per stop.
You need one stamp on the way to Muxia. Get one at Linares ( is that how you spell it). If no one is there, you do your own stamp. Both certificates are beautiful and make lovely memories

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I used the Fisterra passport and got a stamp in each accommodation on the way plus two from churches.. I handed it into the tourist office in the centre of Fisterra and got a certificate. Both the passport and the certificate were free and there was no queue.
Hi there, were did you get your passport in Santiago before heading out?
Buon Camino
Pien

Buon Camino
Pien
I had a normal passport (bought from this site) and produced it in the Seminario Menor in Santiago where I was staying ,to get my first stamp. They told me there was now a special passport for the Finisterre and Muxia path and they gave me and my son's one each for free. Others I met enroute were using the extra spaces on their normal passports as most were continuing other Caminos. I'm guessing tourist offices would have them too but I don't know. The passport makes a beautiful souvenir as it is full of pictures of Churches and key sites on the route.

I had a normal passport (bought from this site) and produced it in the Seminario Menor in Santiago where I was staying ,to get my first stamp. They told me there was now a special passport for the Finisterre and Muxia path and they gave me and my son's one each for free. Others I met enroute were using the extra spaces on their normal passports as most were continuing other Caminos. I'm guessing tourist offices would have them too but I don't know. The passport makes a beautiful souvenir as it is full of pictures of Churches and key sites on the route.
Thank you very much.
Indeed they look beautiful.
Got my passport from a Dutch site, with my details handwritten in beautiful letters.
Pien

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buon Camino
Pien
I got mine at the tourism office in Santiago. In s previous Camino I just continued with tge credencial I had used to get to Santiago which still had space. But on this last Camino it was exactly full when the pilgrim office stamped it, so I had to get a new one in Santiago for tge walk on to Finisterre and Muxia. Unlike the modern credentials to Santiago, it has named squares for stamps. The only one I wasn't able to find a stamp for was Ponte Maceira.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back