• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in or near Itero de la Vega

nicolaruby

Time of past OR future Camino
2008 SJPdP to Estelle
2013 Estelle to Burgos
Hi,

I'll be walking part of the Camino w/c 12th April 2014 and would ideally like to stay at the Albergue de San Nicolas before Itero de la Vega. Will it be open (some sites suggest it opens in May and another June?)

If it is not going to be open what places do you recommend in Itero de la Vega?

Many thanks,
Nicola

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Nicola,

I always stay in the private albergue connected to the Hostal Restaurante Puente Fitero which is on the camino at the entrance to Itero de la Vega. Telephone 979 151 822. This is a simple but adequate place. Each of three new motel-like units has 6 beds (not bunks), blankets, lockers and a well equipped spotless bathroom. More expensive private accommodation is also available. There is a wide verandah, bar and simple dining room. Another plus is a small shop on site for cheese, fruit, soap, etc. Last November the price was 8 euros including heat.

Margaret Meredith

In addition to the albergue that Margaret mentioned, other options include:

1. Municipal Albergue: located one block south of the Camino, by the parish church.

2. Albergue La Mochila: Private albergue with 20 beds located directly on the Camino.

3. Albergue Hogar del Peregrino: Private albergue located a couple of blocks north of the Camino. Has an in-house mini-market, Internet, and dinner/breakfast.
http://www.hogardelperegrino.com/Albergue-itero-de-la-vega/

Sorry, but I don't have seasonality information for any of the above. I'm in the process of contacting all albergues along the Camino Frances to get updated information; should have updated information within a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Nicola,

I always stay in the private albergue connected to the Hostal Restaurante Puente Fitero which is on the camino at the entrance to Itero de la Vega. Telephone 979 151 822. This is a simple but adequate place. Each of three new motel-like units has 6 beds (not bunks), blankets, lockers and a well equipped spotless bathroom. More expensive private accommodation is also available. There is a wide verandah, bar and simple dining room. Another plus is a small shop on site for cheese, fruit, soap, etc. Last November the price was 8 euros including heat.

Margaret Meredith

I stayed there in late March this year. I was the only pilgrim. I think everyone else went on to the other albergue. I really liked the setup. The bed was very comfortable. The heat wasn't turned on, but it had been in the upper 70's for 2 weeks before that, so I'm assuming they had shut it off for the year. Either way, it was a very nice place to stay. It really helped me re-evaluate just why I was walking and the time alone helped give me the strength to go on the next day.

Hi Nicola, the Albergue de San Nicolas was open on 18 May this year when I went by. There was a sign on the door that the hospitaleros would be there to unlock at about 2.30 that afternoon so one of my walking companions decided to wait (it was about 1.00 then). It was unexpected as, yes, the guidebook indicated it didn't open until June. When I saw her in Fromista the next day she had had the most amazing experience staying there.

Like Margaret, I stayed in the private albergue at the entrance to Itero de la Vega. I paid the little extra for a bed rather than a bunk and it was extremely comfortable.

Buen Camino.

Lorraine

Just realised this was an older post and the OP would have been there about the same time as I was. But leaving this post for info for any pilgrims wondering the same thing.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back