• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay soonish after Sarria?

Snigelanna

Time of past OR future Camino
2018 Irun - Santander

2016 St-Jean-Pied-de-Port - Burgos

2015 Sarria - Santiago
Hi,
Will do the last 10 from Sarria next week. Will start walking around 3 in the afternoon so I will not make it that far. Any suggestions on where to stay?

:) Anna

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome Anna, if memory serves me right there is a hostal in Ferreiros, about 13 km from Sarria, this should take you about 3 to 4 hours depending on speed. Others here may have more up to date information. Enjoy.
Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Casa Morgade is about a half stage and you can make reservations.
Ferreiros is small - may be full that late in the day.
Barbadelo is a good choice, just outside Sarria, only 4 to 5 k.
Personally, that late in the day, I'd just stay in Sarria and enjoy it!
You can book online at www.booking.com or take your chances.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Casa Morgade is about a half stage and you can make reservations.
Ferreiros is small - may be full that late in the day.
Barbadelo is a good choice, just outside Sarria, only 4 to 5 k.
Personally, that late in the day, I'd just stay in Sarria and enjoy it!
You can book online at www.booking.com or take your chances.

Back from the walk. We ended up in Morgade the first night. Arrived at 5 and our walking companions got the last beds while I ended up in a double room. Great place! Thanks again for all recommendations!

Back from the walk. We ended up in Morgade the first night. Arrived at 5 and our walking companions got the last beds while I ended up in a double room. Great place! Thanks again for all recommendations!

Pardon the walk down memory lane, but I stayed in the albergue in Morgade on an early Camino Frances in 2001 or 2002. At that time, there was just the room with 6 (?) beds and a little room downstairs where we were served dinner and breakfast. The owner, a woman from the north who had married her gallego sweetheart and moved to his Morgade farm, was in charge. She treated us royally. I hadn't been back to this place in years and years. Last year, when I walked the end of the Camino Frances, I passed and saw a huge change -- outdoor cafe, new hotel rural, lots and lots of business. I asked the guy who was at the cash register about the woman who had started it all, and he went to the kitchen and brought her out! Though they were very busy, the woman insisted on sitting and chatting with me over a cold drink (which she would not take money for). It's now a family affair, several generations, and she is still very much involved. They have not lost their kindness and their intent to provide high quality service. So nice to see on the Camino, where total burnouts cause many owners to fall into cynicism and lose their love of the Camino. I echo Snigelanna's high praise! Buen camino, Laurie

Pardon the walk down memory lane, but I stayed in the albergue in Morgade on an early Camino Frances in 2001 or 2002. At that time, there was just the room with 6 (?) beds and a little room downstairs where we were served dinner and breakfast. The owner, a woman from the north who had married her gallego sweetheart and moved to his Morgade farm, was in charge. She treated us royally. I hadn't been back to this place in years and years. Last year, when I walked the end of the Camino Frances, I passed and saw a huge change -- outdoor cafe, new hotel rural, lots and lots of business. I asked the guy who was at the cash register about the woman who had started it all, and he went to the kitchen and brought her out! Though they were very busy, the woman insisted on sitting and chatting with me over a cold drink (which she would not take money for). It's now a family affair, several generations, and she is still very much involved. They have not lost their kindness and their intent to provide high quality service. So nice to see on the Camino, where total burnouts cause many owners to fall into cynicism and lose their love of the Camino. I echo Snigelanna's high praise! Buen camino, Laurie

Me too! We stayed here this year, and it was lovely - they are so kind and welcoming as you say. I have very fond memories of sitting outside at one of their cafe tables (basically on the "road", which ends there) in the late afternoon sun after the waves of pilgrims heading for Portomarin had moved on, drinking tea and sharing this sunny corner with the owners' old dog.
Morgade_dog.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back