• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Woke up to a dead phone

peregrina2000

Staff member
my phone had been charging in the wall of our Casa rural. This morning I woke up and nothing works. It had very little juice in when I plugged it in last night. The docket works.

Any ideas?

We will be in Pamplona in three days so I will get help then but maybe there is someone with a magical idea.

Thanks from the sad one of the Baztan five.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
my phone had been charging in the wall of our Casa rural. This morning I woke up and nothing works. It had very little juice in when I plugged it in last night. The docket works.

Any ideas?

We will be in Pamplona in three days so I will get help then but maybe there is someone with a magical idea.

Laurie, if it's an iPhone, you can try holding down the power on button at the top and at the same time hold down the round place where you push to revive your screen and go to your screen of icons (I don't know what it's called, but it's the main essential button on an iPHone) - for 15 seconds. That forces a reboot. What rotten luck! I hope you can get some help. The same thing happened to my phone about 10 days ago for the first time for no apparent reason. The reboot worked, and then it needed to be recharged.

Yes it's an iPhone. We will try this trick but Nuala says the problem may be that the battery is dead now so that won't work. But we will report back. Many thanks!

Buen camino from Laurie (signed in as Nuala)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes it's an iPhone. We will try this trick but Nuala says the problem may be that the battery is dead now so that won't work. But we will report back. Many thanks!

Buen camino from Laurie (signed in as Nuala)
You could give it a try with the adapter plugged in, and it should work, even with a flat battery I think.
I guess you have already tried using somebody else's charger, just to exclude that it is a charger problem?
I cannot get worried about your situation:);):D:p:cool: - given the stalwart companions you have along with you!!!!
Although I know it is annoying and contact with home may be important.
Hoping it resolves....

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oh my goodness! It works!!! Thank you a million times over highlands hiker!!!
Delighted to help, Laurie. I only know that because the tech guy I took mine to (and then worried that it would die hiking in some remote place) taught me about doing the reboot. Mine is doing fine since, so I hope yours will be fine also. He said there's no real rhyme or reason to when it happens and to just reboot it. You're back in business then:0))!!

At the top of my screen, in the slightly truncated tabs on the browser, there is the icon of the forum and the words. "Woke up to a dead..." Given that you are in serial killer country, Laurie, it sounds like a very compelling chapter in your story!!
Last week NPR had a funny segment on the one sentence that would instantly improve every book ever written. It was:
"And then the murders began."
Put it as the second sentence in any book you have read, and it will change the tone of the book.
Let's see....
Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her. And then the murders began.
Call me Ishmael. And then the murders began.
Mr. Jones, of the Manor Farm, had locked the hen-houses for the night, but was too drunk to remember to shut the pop-holes. And then the murders began.
In the week before their departure to Arrakis, when all the final scurrying about had reached a nearly unbearable frenzy, an old crone came to visit the mother of the boy, Paul. And then the murders began.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And then the murders began.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Last week NPR had a funny segment on the one sentence that would instantly improve every book ever written. It was:
Put it as the second sentence in any book you have read, and it will change the tone of the book.
Let's see....
Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her. And then the murders began.
Mr. Jones, of the Manor Farm, had locked the hen-houses for the night, but was too drunk to remember to shut the pop-holes. And then the murders began.
In the week before their departure to Arrakis, when all the final scurrying about had reached a nearly unbearable frenzy, an old crone came to visit the mother of the boy, Paul. And then the murders began.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And then the murders began.
I love this....

Let's see....
LOL -- especially the last one!

Any ideas?

Look in any shops for a solar charger, it may help

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Let's see....

"IT is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.

And then the murders began."

LOVE it! (and glad Peregrina2000 is back on line).

Any ideas?

Hold down the home button and the power button together for at least 5 seconds. This resets the phone.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Let's see....

A contribution from my daughter:

"Where's Papa going with that axe?" said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast. And then the murders began.

(Charlotte's Web)

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.