A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Yes, I really want your experienced Norte input...

RumAndChupacabras

Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you
Camino(s) past & future
Jul-Sept 2019 ~Apr. 2018 Oviedo, Santo Toribio, Covadonga~May/June 2016 Portuguese
Hi All! Lord willing, my guy and I will be in Spain for 6 weeks. Our purpose is two-fold...

1. We plan to walk the majority of Coastal "Norte", probably into Oviedo. After this, we'll likely get ourselves to Ferrol and walk the (old) Inglés into SDC. I'm SUPER EXCITED ABOUT it being my 2nd Camino!!!

2. Focusing on the North of Spain (Asturias and Galicia) in looking at the potential to buy a home with our Realtor (our retirement time is here). We're hoping to be close to a route so that we can open our home and give a bed to 4 or so Peregrinos, when we can. Not even thinking about running an Albergue and all the work that goes with it!

What I'd LUV to hear about, from those who have walked these two routes is:
On the Norte and on the Primitivo, where (what towns) do you see the need for a few more beds???

Also, If you Camino on either of these two routes would you be willing to let me know if you see something in habitable shape for sale (se vende)???

We're going to be looking at what's available from Ferrol to SDC while on Camino Inglés.

Many thanks in advance and, of course...BUEN CAMINO!

Roger0704

Let's walk the talk.....
Camino(s) past & future
I did CF April/May 2018...
Gonna Do Camino Norte April 2019
Hi All! Lord willing, my guy and I will be in Spain for 6 weeks. Our purpose is two-fold...

1. We plan to walk the majority of Coastal "Norte", probably into Oviedo. After this, we'll likely get ourselves to Ferrol and walk the (old) Inglés into SDC. I'm SUPER EXCITED ABOUT it being my 2nd Camino!!!

2. Focusing on the North of Spain (Asturias and Galicia) in looking at the potential to buy a home with our Realtor (our retirement time is here). We're hoping to be close to a route so that we can open our home and give a bed to 4 or so Peregrinos, when we can. Not even thinking about running an Albergue and all the work that goes with it!

What I'd LUV to hear about, from those who have walked these two routes is:
On the Norte and on the Primitivo, where (what towns) do you see the need for a few more beds???

Also, If you Camino on either of these two routes would you be willing to let me know if you see something in habitable shape for sale (se vende)???

We're going to be looking at what's available from Ferrol to SDC while on Camino Inglés.

Many thanks in advance and, of course...BUEN CAMINO!
I wish you a lot of succes achieving these dreams !!

Luka

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pelgrimspad I, Via Monastica, Via Podiensis, Via de la Plata, Camino Francés, Camino del Norte...
Nice plans! I think almost everywhere on the Norte there is room for extra albergues, except maybe for the Bask Country. On several stages the number of beds stays behind the growing number of pilgrims. For example in and around Ribadesella. There are two small albergues (with a total of about 22-24 beds) in Cuerres, 7km before Ribadesella, and then there is one municipal albergue in San Esteban de Leces, 5km after Ribadesella, with 38 beds. In Ribadesella there is only one hostel that is very popular and most of the time fully booked. A problem could be that houses on the Asturian coast can be pretty expensive though. But have a look yourself when you walk there!

leluck

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte (Summer 2018)
My son and I walked parts of the Camino del Norte in June and July 2018. The municipal albergue in Cadavedo (https://www.gronze.com/asturias/cadavedo/albergue-peregrinos-cadavedo) has 12 beds. The night we stayed in the albergue, there were about 18 peregrinos, maybe more, the extras were accommodated in tents in the area around the albergue. No one was turned away. But there might be a need for additional accommodations in Cadavedo. Buen Camino.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 237 24.9%