• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Young woman (not a pilgrim) missing near Grado (Primitivo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Tallan

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
I just saw this notice that [name and photo removed by moderator] is missing since Tuesday (St. James Day), last seen in an albergue near Grado on the Camino Primitivo.

The contact numbers listed are police numbers, so I thought it would be safe (and hopefully useful) to share.

I know there is a rule about sharing photos of people without permission, but I'm hoping the circumstances are extenuating. If not, I promise not to do it again.

If you have any information or leads contact the police:

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
That's pretty concerning, given that I was hoping to be in Grado on September 16th...and I don't have FB.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
To be clear this is not a missing pilgrim, but rather a traveler that has stopped contact while en route from place to place.
I'm not speculating either way, but if her belongings were left behind (which has been reported both on social media and as confirmed in the local press) that would argue against this interpretation of the situation.

Whatever the situation, if anyone has information it is unlikely to hurt to share it with the police in this case. And if anyone should meet her it is probably best to let her know that people are concerned.

Last edited:
To be clear this is not a missing pilgrim, but rather a traveler that has stopped contact while en route from place to place.
And if the case please delete this post to honor her. I pray this is the case, and if known let a girl travel in peace and delete this mention IF the case!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That is the most concerning part, that her belongings were found.
I can’t, necessarily, say I agree, I don’t know how they were found… in the woods scattered about? Or in a donation box at an Albergue?
Edited to add the word necessarily…

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The article reports she is a pilgrim.
On the early morning posts that appeared on a Facebook group the OP said that she was traveling between Porto and Ribadeo (Grado feels off course) and was not a pilgrim. I trusted that they knew more than I did, and I imagine that the news article made the same assumption as most pilgrims did.

Any missing person of concern, I only meant to say that her presence on a camino route was coincidental.

I can’t say I agree, I don’t know how they were found… in the woods scattered about? Or in a donation box at an Albergue?

In the news article it is stated as follows:

'Según fuentes del concejo, la hallaron en el prao de las fiestas celebradas recientemente en la villa moscona.'

So according to local sources her backpack was found in the meadow where the village of Grado recently celebrated fiestas.

In the news article it is stated as follows:

'Según fuentes del concejo, la hallaron en el prao de las fiestas celebradas recientemente en la villa moscona.'

So according to local sources her backpack was found in the meadow where the village of Grado recently celebrated fiestas.
THIS , I agree is concerning…

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is very limited solid information available about this situation. We are usually reluctant to have photos and personal information posted when someone goes missing, to respect the privacy of individuals who might simply have chosen not to communicate with others. It is hard to balance this against legitimate concerns about safety. In this case, the privacy has certainly already been lost, so we will leave the notice up at this time.

If you have any information, please call the Policia Nacional number 091.

Meanwhile, on the forum, the less conjecture and theorizing, the better.

There is very limited solid information available about this situation. We are usually reluctant to have photos and personal information posted when someone goes missing, to respect the privacy of individuals who might simply have chosen not to communicate with others. It is hard to balance this against legitimate concerns about safety. In this case, the privacy has certainly already been lost, so we will leave the notice up at this time.

If you have any information, please call the Policia Nacional number 091.

Meanwhile, on the forum, the less conjecture and theorizing, the better.
I would agree with this “ at this time”, but hope it the end there’s a sigh of relief and it comes down.

The family of a young German woman who was on the Camino Primitivo has sent a message of help to locate her, as there has been no information on her whereabouts since last Tuesday, when she contacted them by phone from Grado.

The statement released by her relatives indicated that the young woman had spent the night in a hostel in the town of Grado, but sources close to the case say that she is not registered in any accommodation in the town, either public or private. Last Tuesday, the young woman was seen crying in the centre of the village, so municipal staff were notified, in case she had any problems that needed support. When they arrived, they only found her backpack.

Since then there has been no news of her whereabouts, so the family has asked the public for help in locating her. The Guardia Civil has begun the search.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The article reports she is a pilgrim.
From my understanding the notice is being posted in Camino groups in the hopes she will be found. In addition she has not been classified by her friends and family as a pilgrim although reported she was last seen in an albergue.

This article indicates her backpack was found in the village square, while earlier articles indicated it was found in a meadow.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This article indicates her backpack was found in the village square, while earlier articles indicated it was found in a meadow.

There is a square with a park with trees and a meadow in front of the albergue.
Don't know if the backpack was found there, but as long as those who found it remember the location, the Guardia Civíl will have some solid data to work on.

The person who first posted the "missing" poster on Facebook has now said that the missing peregrina has communicated with her family/friends. No other information is given.

I'm sure we are all very interested and concerned about her welfare, and relieved to hear this news, but it should now be a private matter. We will remove the identifying information from this thread. If anything new comes up that is relevant to us, just let a moderator know and we can re-open the thread.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!
Hi everyone, I am a 30 y.o. female travelling solo. Planning to walk Camino Ingles in May, but since it's the least popular route I'm a bit worried in terms of how safe it is. I walked Frances...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back