• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your single favorite picture of your Camino

• Thread starter Deleted member 56069
  • Start date
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have just finished a huge project of sorting through, discarding, scanning and making photo albums of six decades of photos that have been in boxes for 20 plus years (that is why I haven't been on the forum for awhile :) ). I learned some important lessons from scanning those 15,000 plus photos. The most important one: moms don't like to have their picture taken - take it anyway and let your children take yours. I have so few photos of my parents and hundreds of photos of sunsets - the sun is still setting, but my dad has been gone for 25 years.

My favorite photo of the Camino is this one of yellow fields, vineyard, and ruins, but my favorite photo is the one of my love.IMG_9081 (2).JPG IMG_9704.JPG

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cea2.jpg The one favorite picture is a hard task. Here's one of the many I loved for a lot of reasons. Maybe all the sunrises and the trail before me to meet a new day was what put this over the top for me. Leaving Hontanas.

Last edited:
Love this photo - Taken across from the church - Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de los Dolores just outside Barro on the Camino del NorteDSCF0447.JPG

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For those who might have some trouble clicking on the link (in my case it kept redirecting me to an advert of a Dutch supermarket...)
Sorry. I had to enter the link by typing it in and I goofed. I edited my post to do things correctly. I was watching the video this morning and recognized the tree.

On the subject of Camino photos, one of the members of the APOC (American Pilgrims on the Camino) Facebook group, John Mattingly, has published an online collection of really compelling photos from the Camino Frances. John has applied artistic post-processing techniques to his photos that give them the appearance of impressionistic watercolor paintings. I know that many photography purists do not like this kind of manipulation, but I think John's results are truly artistic, and I encourage members of this forum to give them a look at https://www.facebook.com/pg/CaminoArtbyJohnMattingly/photos/?ref=page_internal (you must be a Facebook member to connect to this link). I know John only through Facebook, but I think his work is worth sharing for the unique way it portrays the Camino.[/QU

I, for one, don't like photos being altered, but I have been following John's work! I think his pictures are really artistic. Love them all.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For me, it was this one, taken just before Dawn in October 2016
37238-77ab9e256ef78c3fc152355113a6d0e5.jpg

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
DSC08815.jpg I took 2700+ pictures and videos on the Camino Frances and trying to pick a favorite is tough. I spent many hours preparing for my pilgrimage by reading blogs, watching YouTube videos, books, and googling. This picture is taken on the Meseta, the high plateau in central Spain and is one of my favorites. I must admit, when researching for my trek, the info on the Meseta scared me a little. Its long, boring, hot, dusty, no shade, few places for water and food were just a few of the way the Meseta was described. Some even recommended taking a bus and skipping it altogether. I am so glad I walked it and thought it was beautiful.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This picture is taken on the Meseta, the high plateau in central Spain and is one of my favorites.
It's rather odd (or more likely it is me that is odd) that I remember this place. It isn't because of the great view in the background but the shortcut across the field that I remember although everything was taller and greener. I probably took a picture also but if I did it is among the lost on my broken SD card. Thanks for the memory.

Alto de Mostelares after Castrojeriz in May.View attachment 40900
I also walked this stretch out of Castrojerez in May 2017, only I had the worst five hour wind and rain storm of any of my three previous Caminos! I still consider it to be a wonderful, unforgetable memory!

This is the triumphal arch of Cáparra, the only building remaining in a once bustling Roman city. It's in a perfect picnic spot in the middle of a long lonely lovely stage on the VdlP a few days south of Salamanca, and I've loved it each of the three times I've passed it. It has given its name to a common Spanish saying - "así se despobló Cáparra", similar to "sic transit gloria mundi."caparra.jpg

Sitting back in Santiago, boy is it hot today! Couple of picture plus credits
Buen Camino!

1/ the boss of Alto do Poio
2/ The Dutchman! Btw anybody seen him ?
3/ three pilgrims at the top of O Cebreiro
4/ Man with Moustache in Sarria
5/ Guitarista Posers in Santiago
6/ Olga, Swedish name, Danish Gal!

All images (c)Malcolm Collins

Attachments

• B3BD1405-AB1F-4E56-87E5-2A2D9BB94EE7.jpeg
    B3BD1405-AB1F-4E56-87E5-2A2D9BB94EE7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • C1934C8D-18C5-4432-8C37-ED366918D826.jpeg
    C1934C8D-18C5-4432-8C37-ED366918D826.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 52B63AB1-C8FD-45EE-9C01-A4CB91750F5B.jpeg
    52B63AB1-C8FD-45EE-9C01-A4CB91750F5B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • E1E38126-722D-41F0-973A-B0EEB1D5C398.jpeg
    E1E38126-722D-41F0-973A-B0EEB1D5C398.jpeg
    815.4 KB · Views: 33
  • C6A971BA-4CE1-458A-A907-C85E71EA830F.jpeg
    C6A971BA-4CE1-458A-A907-C85E71EA830F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 22DFAF53-A3E7-4F98-905F-7F6CD2C8DDB2.jpeg
    22DFAF53-A3E7-4F98-905F-7F6CD2C8DDB2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
Cool thread! I put this photo in my 'Live from the Camino' thread from my recently completed Primitivo, and I think it's my favourite from that walk.

This is the story behind it:

Romanian pilgrim Carmelia was one of the most memorable people we encountered on the Primitivo. She said her pack was 15kg and, among other things, she was carrying dried meat and cheeses from Romania with her. She was also apparently carrying quite a lot of fabric bracetlets, because she seemed to give one to virtually every peregrina she met (Wendy is still wearing hers). The night we met Carmelia, in Cádavo Baleira, a few of us were eating dinner together and offered her some pasta. She took some and said, "I will have it with my milk for breakfast tomorrow morning."

The next day we saw her on the trail a few times. At one point, we had stopped for a picnic and she came up to us, chatted for a bit and then continued on her way. As she was walking away, I took this picture of her.
When we caught up to her in Lugo later in the day and I sent her the photo, she was very happy with it. She said, “In my country we say that if you see a woman from behind, she is in high school, and if you see her from in front, she is in museum.”

42732705101_482ab808ae_k.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
View attachment 38541 I took 2700+ pictures and videos on the Camino Frances and trying to pick a favorite is tough. I spent many hours preparing for my pilgrimage by reading blogs, watching YouTube videos, books, and googling. This picture is taken on the Meseta, the high plateau in central Spain and is one of my favorites. I must admit, when researching for my trek, the info on the Meseta scared me a little. Its long, boring, hot, dusty, no shade, few places for water and food were just a few of the way the Meseta was described. Some even recommended taking a bus and skipping it altogether. I am so glad I walked it and thought it was beautiful.

WP_20150405_11_50_59_Pro.jpg@Bobolink, the location you give for your photo has ne confused as this I took this one - which looks just like the same location as yours but in Spring - when I was walking between Monjardin and Los Arcos on Sunday 5th April 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

€149,-
View attachment 38541 I took 2700+ pictures and videos on the Camino Frances and trying to pick a favorite is tough. I spent many hours preparing for my pilgrimage by reading blogs, watching YouTube videos, books, and googling. This picture is taken on the Meseta, the high plateau in central Spain and is one of my favorites. I must admit, when researching for my trek, the info on the Meseta scared me a little. Its long, boring, hot, dusty, no shade, few places for water and food were just a few of the way the Meseta was described. Some even recommended taking a bus and skipping it altogether. I am so glad I walked it and thought it was beautiful.
I agree! Walking those long, hot, dusty sections gets you in a contemplative frame of mind...particularly on your own. Then you finally straggle into a cowboy town and find some well appreciated company

Sitting back in Santiago, boy is it hot today! Couple of picture plus credits
Buen Camino!

1/ the boss of Alto do Poio
2/ The Dutchman! Btw anybody seen him ?
3/ three pilgrims at the top of O Cebreiro
4/ Man with Moustache in Sarria
5/ Guitarista Posers in Santiago
6/ Olga, Swedish name, Danish Gal!

All images (c)Malcolm Collins

Now pick one...
Regards,
Paul

One of my dearest walking partners on my first solo walk. This is in Santo Domingo de la Calzada. We'd been thru the museum and had the worst case of the giggles. Then we wandered the church and quietly separated and spent our time looking around in the lovely quiet atmosphere. I turned and saw S. just lost in prayer/thought/contemplation. When he turned to me there were tears in his eyes as he said in his not so swanky English accent, "He did that for us!". It took every ounce of control not to loose it at that moment. S. was a tough cookie who had lead an "interesting" life. The memory of him and this moment brings me to tears every time. Where every you are S. you are thought of so often and with such deep affection. God Bless and Buen Camino.

(PS he knew I'd taken the pic and was ok with it...the only reason I feel free to share it)

Attachments

• DSC01544.jpg
    DSC01544.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

€149,-
It's rather odd (or more likely it is me that is odd) that I remember this place. It isn't because of the great view in the background but the shortcut across the field that I remember although everything was taller and greener. I probably took a picture also but if I did it is among the lost on my broken SD card. Thanks for the memory.
Sorry you lost you pictures, but I find that my walk on the Camino is still quite vivid in my minds eye. I can't stop thinking about it. Thanks for your comment.

Last edited:

€60,-
I've lost most of my photos twice now, on two different pilgrimages, but among the survivors, these are the two that I keep coming back to :

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ay-goes-ever-on-and-on.7919/full?d=1530037876

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...friendly-la-rioja-2005.7920/full?d=1530038006
I think this is the same shot as your second photo at a different time of year. A beautiful and memorable spot. BTW I thought I lost a portion of my Camino photos because whole sections of the journey did not appear when I downloaded the photos from my iphone to my computer. I assumed I had somehow erased them while traveling. Almost a year later, I discovered every photo in my icloud which I didn't even know I had. Just a thought for those of you with broken memory cards or missing photos.camino favorite.JPG

I think this is the same shot as your second photo at a different time of year. A beautiful and memorable spot. BTW I thought I lost a portion of my Camino photos because whole sections of the journey did not appear when I downloaded the photos from my iphone to my computer. I assumed I had somehow erased them while traveling. Almost a year later, I discovered every photo in my icloud which I didn't even know I had. Just a thought for those of you with broken memory cards or missing photos.View attachment 44032
Such a vista! Actually, mine is in the wrong thread, but I just left it. It should have been in the funniest photo thread... ah well.

I'm guessing that's the same place your avatar pic was taken. :):)
Your remark is only half true. I loved this picture so much that I had it printed as a wallpaper. When I look at it I get the feeling that I can take my backpack and start walking. My avatar picture was taken in front of the wallpaper

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
This one for the Primativo although I have beautiful pictures of all my Caminos

Attachments

• 1CD87729-F243-4897-A21E-C63D831AA356.jpeg
    1CD87729-F243-4897-A21E-C63D831AA356.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 13
So many great photos. I am currently trying to paint some of my views from my last camino and as a theme beyond ‘camino’ I’m keeping a yellow arrow in each scene. 7 done about 20 ish to go! Couple of my favourite shots below:IMG_3416.jpegIMG_5834.jpegIMG_5792.jpegIMG_5723.jpeg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Beautiful photo! And I love Foncebadon, but the snow is exactly why I avoided any elevations last month. As it was, I experienced lots of wind, cold, and rain on the CF...and ended up taking buses occasionally to avoid hypothermia.
Thanks! It certainly was not the "camino" I read about! But utterly awesome!

It's so great that this thread got revived!

A pilgrim friend took this one of me walking the Via de la Plata, the weather was abysmal, but I was so happy! BC SY
I LOVE this photo!!!
It says so much about the experience of the camino without one word.

My favorite today. Tomorrow it might be a different one.
Above Pancorbo on the Via de Bayona.

20190526_175102.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Today, this one. Not just because I am doing a slow but massive cull on all my photos. That is true. This was taken from my vantage point on the stairs, waiting for a Compostela in July 2006. The wait was not too long, and the interview was very serious after reaching a table with a volunteer who was clearly in the moment, and not rushed or working to a clock! Such an achievement! I speak from my still living memory of how it felt to have walked every step from Roncesvalles. For a person who had never ever considered herself capable... nothing short of a miracle!
046.jpg

Today, this one. I do not know how many photos I have sent to their cyber home in the last few days... but I just thought I would share this one now, and let's see if anyone recognises it. I just loved the bowl, I remember the delicious fresh cheese with honey that was served there, right there, at the bar, before we upped sticks and moved on, passing the queue of the pilgrims who had chosen to sleep in the albergue...
r002-032.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Today, this one. I do not know how many photos I have sent to their cyber home in the last few days... but I just thought I would share this one now, and let's see if anyone recognises it. I just loved the bowl, I remember the delicious fresh cheese with honey that was served there, right there, at the bar, before we upped sticks and moved on, passing the queue of the pilgrims who had chosen to sleep in the albergue...
View attachment 67976
That basket is unique among treasures. I have some wooden treasures myself, old ones, but they are not camino related. Thank you so much for posting that. 😊😊

Most read last week in this forum

Norte 2023 was the first time I actually put some training into Camino. I walked a lot of stairs at home, a lot. First week in Spain was mountains and mud. After that it was pratically all...
Hi everyone! We're a family from Latvia, starting our 2nd Camino de Santiago. We walked the central Portugese route 1,5 years ago, and will walk the coastal route this time. The first day on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.