• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to order from Decathlon Spain if in Canada/USA.

Gobsmacked by the World

Are we there yet?
Time of past OR future Camino
CF SJPP - SDC 2022
CF (most likely) Aug 2024
Hello,
I am in Canada and Decathlon Canada (and USA from what I see) carry only a fraction of the stock that Decathlons in Spain or France do, even of their of “company” brands like Quechua/Forclaz, etc. I have emailed the Canadian Decathlon, but they have not been overly helpful, essentially saying that they don’t envision carrying the whole catalogue.
Has anyone had success ordering from Decathlon Spain from Canada/USA?
I am entranced with the Quechua NH500 shoe/sandal, all the benefits of a Keen Newport, but lighter, and with a removable insole, so custom insoles could be dropped in. However they are unavailable in Canada, there is a Decathlon in Pamplona, but ideally I’d like to have them before I step off, to ensure f they are a good fit for my feet.
Any thoughts from the forum?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello,
I am in Canada and Decathlon Canada (and USA from what I see) carry only a fraction of the stock that Decathlons in Spain or France do, even of their of “company” brands like Quechua/Forclaz, etc. I have emailed the Canadian Decathlon, but they have not been overly helpful, essentially saying that they don’t envision carrying the whole catalogue.
I am entranced with the Quechua NH500 shoe/sandal, all the benefits of a Keen Newport, but lighter, and with a removable insole, so custom insoles could be dropped in. However they are unavailable in Canada, there is a Decathlon in Pamplona, but ideally I’d like to have them before I step off, to ensure f they are a good fit for my feet.
Any thoughts from the forum?
Are you trying to buy it from Decathlon Spain and have it delivered to you in Canada?
If so, that is not possible.

The only way for that to happen would be to have someone in Spain buy the sandals for you and then send them to you in Canada.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Are you trying to buy it from Decathlon Spain and have it delivered to you in Canada?

The only way for that to happen would be to have someone in Spain buy the sandals for you and then send them to you in Canada.
My thoughts too. I actually tried to set up an account with Decathlon Spain, the system refused my German identity card, my British passport and my New Zealand passport. It didn't categorically say so but it appeared as though: no Spanish ID = no chance.

UK is outside the EU so you might have better with Decathlon luck there though their delivery info only mentions our Royal Mail - but I agree with Peter, above, better to try them on before buying.

My thoughts too. I actually tried to set up an account with Decathlon Spain, the system refused my German identity card, my British passport and my New Zealand passport. It didn't categorically say so but it appeared as though: no Spanish ID = no chance.

Yes, with international companies like Decathlon or Amazon and others of a similar nature who are registered in various countries as a company and who have separate websites like Decathlon.fr, Decathlon.es, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de and so on, the first thing to find out is to see whether they even deliver to the country where you live. The equally important thing to find out first is whether you can even order from them and register as a client with them. Often it depends on the country where you are registered as a resident and in which country you therefore have your address for their invoice. Sometimes it even depends in which country your credit card has been issued.

There are no general rules for this. They can set their requirements for delivery as they wish. You need to check your own situation in relation to the seller. BTW, I am talking on the basis of years of experience in cross-border online purchasing in Europe. 😎

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
From their General Conditions of Sale:
  • DECATHLON ESPAÑA S.A.U: The purchase and sale through www.decathlon.es is only available for shipping addresses in Spain and Andorra.

• DECATHLON France SAS: Delivery may be made in mainland France (including Corsica, excluding French overseas departments and territories) to the delivery address that the customer provided at the time of ordering. Note: DECATHLON is not obliged to offer delivery to countries other than metropolitan France.

UK is outside the EU so you might have better with Decathlon luck there though their delivery info only mentions our Royal Mail
From Terms of Supply of Decathlon UK Limited:

Your order will be delivered to the delivery address within the United Kingdom (subject to the restrictions in the paragraph below) you specify when placing your order, unless you opt (where available) to collect it from your local Decathlon store or one of our and/or our Partners’ couriers from time to time, where the courier offers such a collection service. [...]
Orders cannot be delivered to Channel Islands, PO Boxes or similar addresses.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have lived in France and Portugal and shopped at Decathlon for gear and for a big box store found them adequate but I thought their own branded gear was not as top shelf as what is available from REI in the US. I have read reviews that REI ships to Canada but I understand it is not totally hassle free.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have lived in France and Portugal and shopped at Decathlon for gear and for a big box store found them adequate but I thought their own branded gear was not as top shelf as what is available from REI in the US. I have read reviews that REI ships to Canada but I understand it is not totally hassle free.
Definitely not "top shelf," but in my experience, less than half the price.

We buy from Decathlon in Portugal quite regularly. They make it clear their products are designed for cost-effectiveness and mass use. That being said, they're usually pretty good--they're like the IKEA of sports equipment.

It never fails to amaze me what a wide variety of sports/recreational activities their own-brand gear covers. And I guess their much-of-world coverage gives them great economy of scale in manufacturing.

I agree that Decathlon can't compare with the service and guarantees that REI provides. On my first camino I remember I bought a Altus poncho in a store in Madrid. It was not Decathlon if I remember but I ordered and paid online about 3 weeks before my camino. I printed the receipt and brought it to the store and they had one set aside for me. Maybe doing a google search and checking out stores you will find a store that will do this for you. REI does it in the United States.

I have ordered stuff from decathlon.es and had it delivered to my first night's hotel, on the front end of my Camino. As long as you clear it FIRST with the proprietor of the accommodation, so they know to hold a package for your arrival, it works well.

By the way, most European countries have a decathlon mail order sight, in addition to stores. See decathlon.de, decathlon.fr, decathlon.co.uk, decathlon.nl,decathlon.pt, etc.

That said, having a friend send you something from Europe to the US or Canada will likely cost more than the item itself, and likely close the savings gap from the equivalent product bought from a retailer like REI in the US or MEC in Canada.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited:
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Thanks, I’ve decided I’ll have to wait.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.