• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino All done: Total was 3850 KMs May-November 2015

rometimed

Time of past OR future Camino
(SJPdP: 2015, MAY/JUNE2022!!! ) (Eng Way: 2015)
Hi all!

So it is here. I am in Saint Jean Pied de Port and it is 4 AM. :)

I have my Camino Passport and am ready to go.

2 things I will note:

1. My scallop shells were collected a few days ago @ Juno Beach site of the Canadians landing on D-day 1945. I wondered down to the beach and happened upon 3 lovely shells.

2. I was antsy yesterday and wanted to test the camino so I jogged up the start from Saint Jean (Sana pack) and got 5km up to Hunto before turning around and jogging back down. Very lovely up here but a little cloudy.

Today am only going to Orisson so very easy day.

Will have pictures in other posts coming up.

Cheers!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all!

2 things I will note:

1. My scallop shells were collected a few days ago @ Juno Beach site of the Canadians landing on D-day 1945. I wondered down to the beach and happened upon 3 lovely shells.

2. I was antsy yesterday and wanted to test the camino so I jogged up the start from Saint Jean (Sana pack) and got 5km up to Hunto before turning around and jogging back down. Very lovely up here but a little cloudy.

Cheers!
Hi, rometimed, I wish you a wonderful camino. My now 90 year old dad landed in Normandy in 1945 and was one of the lucky ones to survive, and your post reminded me of how so many French and Dutch pilgrims have expressed to me their love and gratitude for what those young guys did. I hope you carry those shells to Santiago. I am looking forward to hearing all about your camino. Buen camino, Laurie

Hi, rometimed, I wish you a wonderful camino. My now 90 year old dad landed in Normandy in 1945 and was one of the lucky ones to survive, and your post reminded me of how so many French and Dutch pilgrims have expressed to me their love and gratitude for what those young guys did. I hope you carry those shells to Santiago. I am looking forward to hearing all about your camino. Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks Laurie.

Here are the shellsView media item 2798

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wow, you are eager to be up at this hour. It's 7:45 pm in BC right now. Beautiful evening here on Vancouver Island - still, I am a tad envious of you. May is "my month" for the camino. Hopefully I'll go again next year.

Looking forward to reading your posts in the days to come and wish you a very buen camino.

Well I had a nap and woke up to rain XD hopefully this tapers off a bit the forecast says light rain... though I am only going to Orisson.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Have a wonderful trip, keep us updated.
Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Love the shells! Such a special start to your Camino. Were you there for the VE day Anniversary? Jogging!!!! Stop that right now! Curb such activities as it is so easy to overdo things the first days and live to regret it. Buen Camino kiddo. :)

You are the first person I've ever heard of who got to Honto and turned around because they wanted to! I'm really impressed. Those shells are lovely.

By the time you get this reply, you should be settled into Orison. I hope the rest of your camino is wonderful.

Hi all!

2 things I will note:

Cheers!
Rometimed,

Have a great trip -- love the fact that you got your shell from Juno Beach -- that is special and very cool, has meaning -- got home two weeks ago from my first Camino and missing the freedom -- did have my first toe nail finally fall off -- wonder if I put it under my pillow the Nail Fairy will show up and drop some cash -- probably not -- Enjoy -- Look forward to following your adventure -- Buen Camino!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well I had a nap and woke up to rain XD hopefully this tapers off a bit the forecast says light rain... though I am only going to Orisson.
Have a lovely Camino and enjoy Orisson. We could not spend a night in Orisson because the Napolean route was closed the first of April. The shells are lovely. Keep us posted.Maya

Hi all!

2 things I will note:

Cheers!
Im so bloody excited for you! Perfect place to get the shells and perfect number of them! I am as if you jogged up the mountain...hahaha. Don't forget to update us if you get a chance... BUEN CAMINO!!! Yay!

Have a great Camino! Take your time and enjoy the sights and sounds from Orisson onwards!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Buen Camino! I'll be living vicariously through your posts!

Great idea to bring the shells with you.
Not sure about jogging at 4.00am in the morning- your fellow travellers might get heart attacks!!
Have a super camino.
Ros.

€83,-
In addition to Anniesantiago's awe, let me tell you @rometimed that last year, although I left SJPdP after 2pm (on a hot August day), I thought I would never make it to Orisson. I stopped at the hill in Huntto to catch my breath and twice more before I reached my destination for that day- Refuge Orisson. So I believe that you are more than ready for the CF.
Buen Camino!

@rometimed, LOVE the sentiment behind your shells, and it clearly resonates with others in this forum. Along with everyone else, I wish you a wonderful Camino.
Suzanne :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everyone! I am alive and in Leon (it is my birthday today and am off for 2 nights @ Parador hotel).

Wifi and time don't work well on Camino and I have lots of stories to share. Once I get a chance lots of things to share.

Thanks for all the responses. Camino is wonderful and I have some thoughts later. Cheers.

Happy Birthday, @rometimed and enjoy your Parador treat - they can be wonderful places to stay in.
Buen Camino,
Suzanne :)

I'll start with just the beginning as tough to type out on phone.

1. St Jean to Roncesvalles: As I posted it was raining when I left and it rained a LOT. When I got to Orisson I was soaked and the Refuge was packed... the floor one big puddle. Eventually those of us booked (others there first) got out beds. I went back down and met a guy from just down the road Seattle way from where I live. We shared bottles of wine and then others from Canada and elsewhere joined in.

The Orisson dinner was great and the going around saying who you are and where you are from and why Camino was a nice touch.

The next morning the rain had stopped (apparently a girl got hypothermia the previous day and had to be taken down in an ambulance) and all that was left was thick thick fog.

I walked over to Spain mostly with fellow Camino forum member Peter from the Netherlands who had a hand crafted pilgrim staff made for the journey.

I ran ahead at the downhill and had fun catching everyone who left before me (I tend to run down hills and mountains bag or no).

I was very confused arriving in Roncesvalles around 11 AM as I believed it was a small town but it was PACKED with people... then I realized it was Sunday and families were out of church.

I waited for friend from Seattle and we split a room in La Posada (instead of the Albergue) and had a quiet night out and about chatting with others. He spoke some Spanish too which helped out.

One thing I will note (for those who haven't been on the Camino yet) there are different levels of quality on places to stay BUT choosing the more expensive and comfy can sometimes detract from meeting others. If you want more socializing you are better off in cheaper places. Be prepared for people who snore... good lord can some people snore...

2. Keeping it rolling to Pomplona and beyond:

After Roncesvalles I split off and went to Larasonna. I met 5 different people during that walk and in Larasonna who would split away for quite some time then I would spend more time with later. That is something that happens often if you are a solo lone-wolf type like me: people come and people go. Others meet 1 or 2 (or a group) and they all just pack together. In fact those 5 all stuck together and iIeven joined then for a few days (with others) and we became a pack of 15 or so... ages 17 to 57.

Larasonna was the first municipal albergue I stayed in ... and wow did I experience the snoring! I disliked the sleep... but (on the other hand) it provided a bond for some of us.

I hit Pomplona meeting a new group of 5 people with a couple of Canadians and a couple of Irish people. As I speak all of them are done the Camino either do to work or injury. Another Camino lesson you learn is that a good number of people at the beginning will fall off and near everyone experiences injuries/blisters. I had done quite serious training and have had many blisters, a nagging achilles pain, and a couple days with a sore hamstring. We watched 2 seperate doctors have to give up within the first 5 days due to feet issues and a nurse bail out in the first week due to an ankle.

My favourite walking day was right after Pomplona... up the hill to the point where the win turbines are (ccan'trecall name right now) then jogging down the hill after as Pilgrims gauked at me :D I really do love the downhill. The walk right after the downhill was breathtaking.

We lost one to injury here... and I ended in Pointe la Riena (I believe this day).

I had a rough experience with a woman (we are still friends) in PlR and was VERY grumpy the next day so I threw on my headphones and with sore feet determined to blow by Estella and head to Villamayor de Mujardins... but I started late at 9:30... hit the Irache wine fountain at about 12:45 and got to my destination at 2 only to discover all the Albergues full. "No problem I will continue!" I said without looking at a map. Turns our I had another 14 kms to Los Arcos of nothing but farm and no one else walking past noon. I ended up doing about 50 kms that day and in the last 10 with no one around was losing my mind a bit and sining/dancing about as I walked to keep my brain aactive. Gruelling day but a woman in Los Arcos grabbed me and offered me am apartment room for 20 euros with I was very happy for :)

Last edited:
3. Ow and rough patch:

A gent I met who had done the Camino twice before told me: "The first part is physical, the 2nd is mental, the 3rd is spiritual"...

Despite all my training the physical hit me a bit after my 50 km day and I had another 32 kms to Lugrono.

My feet were quite sore and I had a number of blisters though none on the bottom which meant no constant walking pain.

I trecked to Lagrono and capped it with a very short super-hiker woman from Germany I had met who was going only so far as she could in 10 days but averaged about 30 Kms a say.

I was a day ahead of all others I had met ... but did meet a couple new pilgrims. In Lagrono those I had added on facebook messages me to wait up and since my feet were sore from 80 kms in 2 days I decided to oblige.

The next day I felt so wonderful I went for a jog and at the end ran into a couple of people from Orisson (friend from Seattle) and we accumulated a group of pilgrims drinking that Saturday (I think it was a saturday). We also noticed SOOOOO many bachelor and Bachelorette parties... I counted 18 that day including 2 Bachelorette partied with bands following them around town as they danced and drank booze out of a cart.

Another downside to Albergues are the curfues usually 10 PM... and that night we had to sprint back to get in... just as I got to my hostel I ran into a french gent who looked awake and said "it is a big party out there!" and he and a girl from Montreal managed to grab the hostel key... somehow.... and we went out drinking wine and chatting with the wandering groups until 3 am.

This lead to a VERY rough next morning. I had not put out my sleeping bag and didn't want to wake people at 3 am in hostel so fell asleep in shorts and tshirt... awoke at 9:30 AM Freezing cold.

2 people I had been walking near departed at Lagrono due to seperate injuries.

I moved on slogging to Nehjara which is the worst place (Albergue) I have stayed in thus far... but also where I met the most people meeting 3 seperate groups of young women a group of young men and a few others. Again the bond of a pretty mediocre experience on that day united us on to some amazing moments on following days.

This was also when my achilles began acting up on my left leg. It would be sore for the next 4 days but is gone now another week later.

After this we were in Santo Domingo where I got the first hotel I stayed in on the Camino splitting it with Irish guy I met. He would quit after this day but he had gone a few days passed what his budget would allow so he was understandable. Apparently the church here had holy chickens that I missed... but this would become a walking theme of naming holy animals down the road.

4. Nice days then to Burgos:

The next day I woke late in comfy hotel bed and gingerly made my way to Belorado. There I skipped the first enticing private albergue and headed to a wonderful one at the end which has a pool in a solarium out the back way and a bunch of us dipped the soaked our feet.

After a few of us wondered to the main square and my French drinking companion from Lagrono who carried around a lyre and busked played music straight in the square for 4 hours... including serenading an elderly towns woman living above the bar to much clapping and getting a swarm of local girls under 10 dancing around with some pilgrims which was adorable (have videos and pics will post). Also my friends from. Seattle was having no fun with the pack a day behind so walked a 45 km day to catch our day and caught the music in the square. He was very happy.

Next day I was walking VERY fast but my achilles went real bad near the end ... ended in Ages to a quiet night.

The following day I walked with Peter (forum member) and we took the more scenic route into Burgos through a llooooooooong park walk which a large number of people missed.

To this point I had done basically the whole thing in shorts and tshirt but had somehow burnt the tops of my knees and formulated plan to do the meseta area in full covering.

We toured the Burgos Cathedral which was massive! then had a massive dinner with 6 of us, including two older woman who had lost husband's in the last year and had connected on that. one of those and another woman were semi celebrating ad they were switching to bikes the next day to make up time as they were slower than they had anticipated and on time frame. Lovely Australian women, very kind.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
KKatherine post: 311975 said:
Rometimed, I really enjoy reading your reports. I am old and I take care to not miss things like the holy chickens and I suspect that you and I are miles apart in more than one sense but I find your comments very refreshing. And I am mighty impressed by your 50 kms. Respect. I managed to walk 42 km once but that was the limit and a once in a lifetime experience so far. :cool:

You mentioned injuries a few times. I think many people are not aware of the fact that walking day in day out is quite different from training a day here and there, with rest days in between, in preparation for Spain.

A heartfelt buen camino to you. :).

Gracias Katherina!

It is not that I did not wish to observe holy chickens it is that (for my first Camino) I wanted a semi blind experience so for most towns didn't have the reference to things like holy chickens.

My motto has been that the Camino will show me what I need to see and for whatever rereason didn't need to see the holy chickens :) Next time!

I think you are correct on the injuries. It is something that a movie like "the way" just does not show and even for those of us that hike near every day this is quite different.

Even forum member Peter who was in the Dutch Army and was in a contest where he walked 200 kms in 4 days was fine for 10 days then got MASSIVE blisters part way through the maseta.

Interesting. For a moment I thought that he had perhaps taken part in the Dodentocht but when I googled it I saw that this march is in fact in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium, not in the Netherlands, and it is just 100 km that must be walked within 24 hours. Colleagues of mine participated in the event and one of them even finished it two years ago.

I hope you will update again, I will certainly read your reports with interest and pleasure. And I admit that I was wondering what had happened to you after we did not see any virtual traces of you after your run up to Hunto and back down again. Good to see that things are ok.

I will be updating :) unfortunately my attention is getting pulled all over the place.

Today I was in Ponferrada. The biggest things were Cruz de Ferro and we FINALLY found a Chinese food restaurant in Spain! :D Everyone was very excited.

About 200 kms left to Santiago. Doing 34 kms or so tomorrow probably but it looks like rain is expected.

Larger updates coming when I have time. Cheers all.

Yup it rained today but after Villafranca it switched back to sun. We have done 35 kms but might keep going.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am enjoying it all, thanks for bringing us along. Buen Camino!

My reports are a big mess lol... I will try to sort this out in a few hours. Me and one other did 157 kms in 4 days. Today was a light day and am in Tricastela.

:)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
5. Meseta blah but fun times:

So on I trecked and many I was talking with wanted to go to Hontanas. We pushed through and all would remark how bizarre it is when you get multiple location signs (even Hontanas in 0.5 kms) and it just pops up out of nowhere.

I got there well early and suddenly whole packs of elderly Germs appeared out of nowhere in Hontanas. Turns out they were in a tour group that just walks part of the camino then gets bused elsewhere (???) very strange but there was a good 50 of them.

One girl we were with had left her wallet 2 towns back and had to get a cab back, got the wallet, then came back. We stayed up late.

Then next day I split off on my own and went to Fromista. I met new people (all older) and a nice gent who had done it twice and gave me some advice on what to expect out of my future self which I found interesting.

The next day I went on to Carrion de Los Condes and met up with everyone I had left the previous day. A good 15 of us sat around and drank wine in the town square until late. Our albergue was an old convent and a group of 3 girls we were drinking with decided to make a mattress fort in their room as they had a huge stack of them. I helped out and we had a fun night of making others laugh. :D

The next day was quite dull and we had a 17 km stretch with nothing at all but walking and bleh meseta. On the plus side it was not as hot as a few days after...

We stayed in the very small town of Terradillos de los Templarios. Met a few people at the albergue who I had passed a number of times that day. Nice people.

The next day we decided to take an alternate route up an old Roman road to Calzadilla de los Hermanillos. Another small town and the heat finally picked up and it got quite hot when I arrived there. I stayed in a hotel and most others I was with booked a nice private hostel. Only 2 we knew stayed in the municipal and both said it was the worst they have stayed in.

6. Camino magic and on to my Birthday:

One story that happened I forgot to mention was one involving forum member Peter from the Netherlands who had a special rock commemorating his deceased daughter he wanted to place at Cruz de Ferro. He had shown it to me a few days before and I had noted it. I had mentioned it to my friend I had met from Seattle. The day in Templarios I went to find him and he had the rock and said "hey man is this Peter's rock you told me about? My friend found it on the road." It turns out it fell out of a new hole in Peter's pack and friends friend found it on the road and it was passed a long back to Peter. Very Camino type storey. :)

After this phase we moved on to Leon and arrived the day prior to my birthday (June 5th). Got taken out to dinner with about 12 others and some came out after dancing at a club and since it was Thursday we had the whole ace to ourselves. Most walked on the next day but 3 stayed for my bday and we toured Leon and had another great dinner.

Only myself and friend from Seattle stayed a 3rd day which was the only day since I left on this holiday (so far) where I did as little as possible. I slept and ate and wrote on here... resting. Watched Barcelona beat Juventus in square mayor in Leon then to sleep.

Apologies for the messy state of my thread but I ccompleted the Camino Frances 2 days ago and am now on route to Muxia, then will walk to Finnisterre.

Need more time but still much to do before I will have it.

Updates to come and I'll keep it going on my other walks if possible.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well done!

Whew!!!!!! Long overdue update as I take a day off here in Florence with access to an actual computer for more than 5 minutes!

So I completed the Camino back in June and since have completed Hadrians Wall, The West Highland Way and the Westweg Schwarzwald walks totaling about 540 KMs more. I also walked around the Island of Jersey which was about 80 KMs in one day.

I have 3 big walks left:

1. The Coast to Coast (England) which I start in a few weeks
2. The Lycian Way (Turkey) which I start on October 1st
3. The Camino de Santiago (English Way) which I will just grind in November before I fly home from Madrid.

So far the only issue has been going over budget but it was almost all due to England and Scotland and the shrinking value of the CDN $$$.

I am a hair over halfway done my whole trip and my total walking and run distance is around 2400 KMs since May 4th.

I also had ONE DAY in Porto, Portugal on June 23rd and ended up in the middle of a MASSIVE street festival called the Festa de Sao Joao do Porto, so I probably have a skewed view of Portugal as being a crazy party place.

Some strings of pictures coming when I can get to a PC strong enough to load em all.

Last edited:
Sounds like a wonderful time and I too am jealous! Definitely be safe and vaya con Dios.

Update!

I am in Meteora, Greece. Lots of driving around Greece right now.

I finished the Coast to Coast and am glad to be out of the UK with the cray £.

Have 2 more days driving to Vergina to see the tombs of Philip the 2nd then on to Thessoloniki.

I head to Turkey on the 23rd and have a week more tourist places to see before i start the Lycian way Oct 1st... then a break in Antalya for a few days then the English Camino de Santiago I believe I will start Oct 28th.

More fun! hope everyone is well.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Update!

I am a good chunk through the Lycian way which has proven to be quite challenging if for heat more than anything else.

I am in the small coastal town of Karaoz and have about a week lef until Antalya.

My feet are having a rough time finally and I notice now that at the end of this long trip everything is breaking or something is lost each day.

Wouldnt trade any of it :)

7 days left walking here.... 4 days off in Antalya .... back to Spain to walk the English Camino for a few days then home. Been a long journey... my additions show iI'vedone just over 3400 kms since I began.

HHope everyone is well

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Whew! Last day tomorrow on the Lycian way. Very hard hike, tomorrow have to ascend 1450 meters and decline 750 over 20 kms.

Has been similar or harder for a few days now.

On the plus side finally got some clouds around so Temps not as hot as before. Will try to do a better update from Antalya before I head back to Spain for the English Camino.

Update: I am on the last leg of my adventures and just finished day one of the English Camino in Pontedeume (from Ferrol).

I had a mishap in Turkey and missed my flights 2 days ago to Santiago and had to re-route through Turkish Air to Madrid then Ryan air to Santiago. Cost a bit but am on track to finish like I wanted to.

Also if you do the Lycian way then go back on Camino... omg it seems easy lol.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi everyone!!!! :D I finished this back in November and (funny enough) finally got sick on the plane back to Canada and home. Have gone back into the workforce but am slowly framing a book about my adventures. I wanted the thank everyone for all the well wishes. I cannot express how wonderful this all was. I will never even come close to topping how incredible it was, even with all the frustration, challenge and hardship... I figured out I can pretty much do anything with time, love, care and friendship. Sometime soon I will get to upload photos but have over 12,0000... and less time these days. Love you all!!!!

Congratulations on your great adventure, it must be hard to settle back in the world after all that time away. Looking forward to your book or blog.
Buen Camino.

Congratulations on your great adventure, it must be hard to settle back in the world after all that time away. Looking forward to your book or blog.
Buen Camino.

Cheers Wayfarer! :D

irache.jpg

Belated congratulations on your trip! May-November is a very long trip. I was hoping to go for at least 4-6 months myself starting this summer. I ran into a problem when looking at visas and wasn't sure if I should attempt staying longer than the 90 days allotted. Did you get an extension somehow or did you just stay without it being an issue? I've been reading into there being fines, deportation, jail time but have also read it's not a big deal in places like France and Spain. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Belated congratulations on your trip! May-November is a very long trip. I was hoping to go for at least 4-6 months myself starting this summer. I ran into a problem when looking at visas and wasn't sure if I should attempt staying longer than the 90 days allotted. Did you get an extension somehow or did you just stay without it being an issue? I've been reading into there being fines, deportation, jail time but have also read it's not a big deal in places like France and Spain. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi MH. Essentially you are right there is a collection of Euro countries called the Schengen Area where you can travel between the countries for 90 days in any 6 month period.

What I did was I left various times to go to countries that aren't part of that, such as England, Scotland, Turkey.

In Schengen I was in France for 12 days, Spain 40, Germany 15, Italy 9, Greece 6... Outside that region I was in England for about 40 days (which was expensive) Scotland about 10 days, and Turkey for about 30 days.

There's other countries around Europe not in the Schengen you can escape to such as Slovenia. Main thing is you can only be in those countries 90 days in any 6 month time.

EDIT: Another one recommend to me for next time by someone I met from Seattle was Iceland. He had nothing but good things to say.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back