• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino All Roads Lead away from Rome

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
just been walking for just over 2 weeks now I think,the road from Rome to Santiago is hard made even harder by the record heat for Italy-low 40,s everyday,what made me think to do this thing in August,but the way is beautiful it truly is but having to start walking each day between 5-6am to try escape the heat,Have posted a few pics on my blog below-plan to rest up (exspire) in Lucca in 2-3 days and post more
Ian

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Ian,
Looking forward to hearing all about it. Yes, those sunflowers look moribund, but the corn looks a whole lot better than what I see all around me in the midwestern U.S.

Hope the weather cools off for you somewhat, but based on your earlier camino reports, I think you manage to enjoy yourself no matter what the weather. Buen camino, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You are doing really well Ian!
I know that some of the Pharmacy digital temperature readers don't go higher that 40oC so when it goes over 40oC they read +40oC.
Shade hop! Shade hop from one olive tree to the next!

sagalouts said:
what made me think to do this thing in August,but the way is beautiful it truly is
It is good to see you are walking, and there are some rewards for your endeavours.

Regards,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
thanks for your comments and as to wild camping-yes its very easy but being a man of a certain age and on my own I made use of the very good places to stay that were truly donativo in one case I had to make my offer in the church as they would not except anything from me in the lodgings after dinner and good breakfast.
my first night of wild camping on the way was a nightmare,I could nor erect my tent in the dark and just gave up and wrapped myself in the tent as if wrapped in a bodybag and thrown from a passing car,plus every dog in the area knew I was there and barked for ages,plus I was bitten by every insect in town,but I met a young german girl who did it every night and said it was fine,you get used to it-mind you she had not had a shower or washed her clothes for 4 days :shock:
when home I will post full discriptions on the rome page
Ian

Magnificent, louts. Tuscany was my first experience of pilgrimage trails. I remember copping a heat wave on the way to Asciano. My god, that gelato tasted good when I stopped.

Forza!

Rob

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Molto coraggio, pellegrino! Wild camping is so exhilirating, don't you think? You'll rejuvinate in no time, Sagalouts. Howling wolves, flitting demons & blood sucking biters ....when the roosters crow in the Dawn and you're still alive to hear it, life feels miraculous...

???????????????????????????????????????????????????Sagalouts???????????????????????????????????????????? 4 weeks Silence, that's quite an achievement. Where are you, amico?

Hi there we are starting in Rome and are camping but not walking all the way until we get to St Jean how are you going? I hope all is well and would love to hear more about the camping

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.